• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

backlot

Is there a dratini in the game corner in gen I?

They should definitely go for it if there is. Dragon Rage would be great against ghosts and they'd probably have a dragonite in a couple of days.

There's no way they have enough money to get one. They should just go for Eevee.

mclem

I'd be inclined to fill the inventory. Even if those items have 60% chances of being tossed, 35% of being used at a time where they won't work, and 5% being actually useful.

Besides which, given the amount of money that has been lost to blackouts, it might be sensible to have the opportunity to convert it into something longer-lasting.

Aggrotek

xPNUjTu.jpg

Alchemy

The art in these games is so bad, and to imagine it was even worse in the original Japanese Red/Green release. Still amazed this stream is as far as it is, must be a good amount of people just trying to power through the trolls.

Koren

Yes, the start strategy is obviously the best way to fight against the lag, assuming that you can avoid the few trolls.

The problems is that because of some start trolls/bot, there's b-bots, and b-bots make the start strategy difficult to achieve.

But this experiment raises a lot of interesting issues and solutions.

So how many more levels before Pidgeot starts being a prima donna and stops listening to our commands?

It never happens with pokemon you caught. It only happens with trade-acquired pokemon. The game simply never said this clearly. We lived in fear of rebellious pokemon as a kid for no reason.

Well I mean the stream has Dux but he's nowhere near the threshold.

upandaway

It never happens with pokemon you caught. It only happens with trade-acquired pokemon. The game simply never said this clearly. We lived in fear of rebellious pokemon as a kid for no reason.

Well I mean the stream has Dux but he's nowhere near the threshold.
Doesn't it use the player OT ID for in-game traded Pokemon?

oneils

So how did they get through this "safari" everyone is talking about (I've never played much pokemon). From what I hear, it had to be completed in a certain amount of steps?

Did the streamer take over?

Wazzy

Banned
I wish we could drop Dux into the PC. Acquire eevee and lapras and watch as the stream act like bitches over who eevee becomes. :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I wish we could drop Dux into the PC. Acquire eevee and lapras and watch as the stream act like bitches over who eevee becomes. :lol

What they really need right now is drowzee to get confusion and level up. A psychic move in gen one? GG.

Wazzy

Banned
What they really need right now is drowzee to get confusion and level up. A psychic move in gen one? GG.

That's true. I was fine with losing drowzee but I'd rather drop Dux and get Lapras and Eevee. But like I said and someone else earlier, trying to evolve eevee would be the biggest mess. Still, a jolteon, charizard, pidgeot, lapras, hypno and raticate? GG

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

...not really. Psychic moves aren't particularly good as an offensive typing; they only do 1/2 damage to other Psychic types and are SE only on Poison and Fighting, and Poison types aren't very prevalent. Psychic was OP because a) as a defensive typing, the only weakness was Bug moves, of which the strongest in Gen 1 was Pin Missile (i.e., really weak), and b) Psychic types tended to have very high Special stat, and Special worked for both defence and offence then, making Psychic types bulky and hard-hitting. These properties are independent of Psychic attacks.

backlot

...not really. Psychic moves aren't particularly good as an offensive typing; they only do 1/2 damage to other Psychic types and are SE only on Poison and Fighting, and Poison types aren't very prevalent. Psychic was OP because a) as a defensive typing, the only weakness was Bug moves, of which the strongest in Gen 1 was Pin Missile (i.e., really weak), and b) Psychic types tended to have very high Special stat, and Special worked for both defence and offence then, making Psychic types bulky and hard-hitting. These properties are independent of Psychic attacks.

We currently can't do shit against Rock and Ghost types. Confusion would be great for the team.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We currently can't do shit against Rock and Ghost types. Confusion would be great for the team.

Confusion would enter Drowzee's 4th position moveslot, so it's not like we'd ever select it anyway. Plus, Drowzee is so underleveled Pidgeot's Gusts are stronger even allowing for NVE status.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Itll be a special move with stab. That might as well be Thunder in rain.

entremet

Sabrina is going to wreck them unless they get some TMs.

Well Pigeot can do good damage to the Abra line, which is weak. But the way Crits are calculated...

Top Bottom