• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

RedShift

To be fair if there was no lag and instead of pressing every button voted it polled votes over a second and pressed the most popular they'd be doing a lot better.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
To be fair if there was no lag and instead of pressing every button voted it polled votes over a second and pressed the most popular they'd be doing a lot better.

Sure, but where would the fun be in that.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If they get there within 20 minutes, I'd call that a success.

I would take you up on it, but now they saw the tempting item ball again, lol.

Never bet against the inability to grab the item ball.

Cyrano

It kind of does, due to how many inputs it's eating, the popular input tends to occur (tends to).

The fact that the minority can upset the majority so easily is the purest interpretation of team-based play. :D

Toma

The fact that theyd have to take on everything with unevolved pokemon.

If it only registered the MOST pressed button, it would always be (a) when evolving. Not enough trolls (yet), but I am sure the internet will find a way to trolldestroy this thing as well.

Toma

They are going to beat this game thanks to sand attack spam, arent they?

I was thinking the same thing, but I am sure they'll manage to replace it with some weird lame attack later :p

Finalow

moonstone strat.
images

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Guys.

Guys.

What happens once they reach Safari Zone

Interest will have died off sufficiently there will be only 5 people taking part and thus the task will be relatively easy.

Toma

Interest will have died off sufficiently there will be only 5 people taking part and thus the task will be relatively easy.

I'd say at least 200-300 still.

Nyoro SF

Something like this will take quite a while to die down before it becomes "playable". And even then I expect constantly changing populations during key moments of the game heh

Toma

Time for the worst joke ever.

Would you say, over 9000 ways?

I was thinking of that earlier and refrained from making that joke :p

Why would they C&D a livestream?
They didn't EVER do this before.
Because it'd be stupid.

People are playing a copy of PKM that they didnt buy. I am sure they can easily make a case for piracy here.

mclem

People are playing a copy of PKM that they didnt buy. I am sure they can easily make a case for piracy here.

As I said upthread, I think there's a countercase that, due to the transformative effect of the change of input method, this is permissible under fair use.

But I am not a lawyer, and Nintendo's lawyers are *very* competent.

Toma

I can totally see this becoming a bigger thing if it isnt nuked from the orbit. A few days until someone does something similar with a different PKM game, and 1-2 weeks until other games emerge and a small portal for it emerges.

Top Bottom