• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

It's called pay day and no releasing hm pokemon

Which version of the game is this? Meowth is only in Blue, and IIRC it is the only pokemon who naturally learns Pay Day by leveling up?

And you only get one Pay Day TM. Use it on a guy, release him, you're done.

EDIT: I see someone says it's a combo hack, that makes it a little better. Still have to have the balls to catch a Meowth.

Haha
2fF8eCt.gif

How long have they been at this tree?
Not as long as the ledge..... ;_;

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Does meowth drop money normally?

In Pokemon Blue only, on routes 7 & 8, you can find Meowths which are over level 17, so they know Pay Day. The person who collects the Pay Day money is the person who wins the battle, so conceivably you can get enough money just from beating wild Meowth which use Pay Day to buy Pokeballs and pay for the Safari Zone and thus progress through the game once more. However, this comes with two caveats: a) this applies only to Blue and not Red or Yellow, and b) you need to have made it to the point a Pokemon has learnt Cut as otherwise you could still get stuck prior to route 8.

I don't know where this romhack has put Meowth and at what level; this might be a possible strategy, it might not. If there are wild Meowths or Persians over the level of 17 at a point we can already access, we will be okay. Otherwise, we'll need intervention at some point.

ElFly

Why is everyone obsessed with Eevee.

We have the pokemon we need except for Lapras.

Much easier than getting Eevee and then buying a stone and using it on the damn poke.

Also leveling up some other pokemon instead of just leveling bird jesus.

Joni

Why is everyone obsessed with Eevee.

We have the pokemon we need except for Lapras.

Much easier than getting Eevee and then buying a stone and using it on the damn poke.

They don't have anything on their team to beat ghost Pokémon, and you get Lapras afterwards

Wazzy

Banned
In Pokemon Blue only, on routes 7 & 8, you can find Meowths which are over level 17, so they know Pay Day. The person who collects the Pay Day money is the person who wins the battle, so conceivably you can get enough money just from beating wild Meowth which use Pay Day to buy Pokeballs and pay for the Safari Zone and thus progress through the game once more. However, this comes with two caveats: a) this applies only to Blue and not Red or Yellow, and b) you need to have made it to the point a Pokemon has learnt Cut as otherwise you could still get stuck prior to route 8.

I don't know where this romhack has put Meowth and at what level; this might be a possible strategy, it might not. If there are wild Meowths or Persians over the level of 17 at a point we can already access, we will be okay. Otherwise, we'll need intervention at some point.

So essientally relying on this would be silly?

It's a lot easier to avoid this kind of stuff if people didn't rush to vs the gym leaders.

Limit

If money ever becomes an issue the streamer can always fire up cheatengine and dump a million into the game. Or better yet, let us control cheatengine and try to hack money into the game.

linko9

They're using a romhack? What differences are there from normal Red? I thought they were just playing an unadulterated Red.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So essientally relying on this would be silly?

It's a lot easier to avoid this kind of stuff if people didn't rush to vs the gym leaders.

I don't know. We could try convincing everyone in the chat to go to route 7/8 and have a look for Meowths and see if they know Pay Day, but...

...if you can do that you are a better person than I am. :p

Blizzard

Banned
They're using a romhack? What differences are there from normal Red? I thought they were just playing an unadulterated Red.
Yeah, I didn't realize there were differences. Apparently so far:

* This is a romhack which adds all 151 pokemon
* It may also add harder gym leader fights, I see differing answers
* The streamer has already disabled the start button on occasion
* The streamer has apparently said that they can/will disable the step count in safari zone so people can get surf

Because of the above, apparently the streamer does want progress to be made, so they can just step in and cheat as needed if anything runs out.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

All 151 Pokemon can be found in the wild in this hack, and also the in-game trades you can get from certain trainers have been changed. That I know for sure, the rest I'm not certain about - the guy running this seems to have personally edited the base romhack he used, as it's not quite the same.

Limit

So I just discovered this, what's the infamous ledge that people are talking about?

A pathway on route 4 where you needed to go right 12 steps and then up. The only problem was that if even a single person pressed down you would jump the ledge and be in a different pathway. This happened, a lot. We were stuck trying to move 12 steps forward for more than 24 hours.

RedShift

So I just discovered this, what's the infamous ledge that people are talking about?

Between Cerulean and Rock Tunnel there's a long ledge you have to walk along without pressing down, and you have to walk down to get to it so any leftover downs will trip you over it.

It took something like 15 hours to get past it, using a very complicated strategy.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't know. We could try convincing everyone in the chat to go to route 7/8 and have a look for Meowths and see if they know Pay Day, but...

...if you can do that you are a better person than I am. :p
That chat is moving wayyyy too fast and won't even listen to go getting eevee or attempting to dump dux.
Couldn't they level up Drowzee? He should be good against Ghosts.

Honestly the easiest for the future is if we can manage to dump Dux in the PC. But the chance of that happening is very small since the chat won't stop trying to cut the stupid tree.

Blizzard

Banned
Why does the stream keep freezing? It seemed to freeze right when cut happened, then resumed after as people kept chatting.

CONSPIRACY, MAYBE CUT WAS AN INTERVENTION ETC. (probably just lag? the timer keeps running though)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
apparently he gets owned by night shade

Yeah, he's too low-leveled. Night Shade is shit later on, but ruthless against weak Pokemon.

EDIT: The timer runs even when commands lag out, that's happened before.

Mistel

Banned
It wouldn't be until Ruby and Sapphire that Meowth's line got cut, a move about using claws to cut stuff...

Red and Blue had some weird movepools. All the random Pokemon that could learn surf was another example (Rhydon?). Lickitung didn't get lick until Gold and Silver, for example.
It's weird some of the moves sets I remember wooper in II being able to learn ice punch via TM 33 whilst lacking arms lol. In G1 you can teach magmar and electabuzz teleport as well.

If only Kabuto was chosen...

Top Bottom