• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
All this running out of money talk is forgetting a key trump card- Pay Day

If you have run out of money, you can't buy the Pokeballs to catch a Meowth with. To guarantee our safety, we'd need to a) catch a Meowth, and b) teach it an HM so it can't be removed.

EDIT: Huh, apparently Meowth can't learn any HMs in Gen 1, so we're still stuck. There's a Pay Day TM later in the game, but you need Surf as it is in Cinnabar.

Mistel

Banned
Wait, you apparently DO need money in these games to enter Safari.

Guess money is important.
As long as we can sell something for $500 we're fine, but the lack of control over the game means that we will be locked at fuchsia with no way to progress most likely.

SuperSah

Banned
Is it likely money will become an issue?

I mean, there's a ton more trainers ahead, right? Or is it the issue of collaboration and constantly blacking out?

Voliko

If you have run out of money, you can't buy the Pokeballs to catch a Meowth with. To guarantee our safety, we'd need to a) catch a Meowth, and b) teach it an HM so it can't be removed.
Hmm, I somehow doubt that is going to happen, lol.

Rolodzeo

Is it possible via emulator to battle someone online? Could be interesting to have two twitch channels battling each other.

That could lead the internet to a whole new level. No kidding, it would be like two semi-autonomous A.I. battling inside a virtual world.

This should be studied.

This looks like the new plan:
4s6QBfw.png

Also you don't need money to get into safari zone. Game will still let you in if you're broke.

rekameohs

Banned
As long as we can sell something for $500 we're fine, but the lack of control over the game means that we will be locked at fuchsia with no way to progress most likely.
Again, if we get stuck in one spot for say, weeks, viewership will have a huge decline, letting us get past the problematic area, bringing back the viewers again. It's a cycle that's a part of this - it's why there should be no intervention, even if this takes a year.

Wazzy

Banned
We would also have to hope we get it the first time or else we'll run out of things to sell.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Again, if we get stuck in one spot for say, weeks, viewership will have a huge decline, letting us get past the problematic area, bringing back the viewers again. It's a cycle that's a part of this - it's why there should be no intervention, even if this takes a year.

Yep.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

People mean that there's a particular point in the game where, if you don't get it right within a sufficient number of tries, you are stuck forever. To get Surf, you need to access the Safari Zone. To get into the Safari Zone, you need $500. If you don't have $500, you can't get into the Safari Zone, and you can't progress through the game. Thus, it becomes impossible to complete. I agree for all other issues, we should leave Twitch to itself, but I think we'll have to get the admin to do the Safari Zone for us.

Apparently there are troll bots spamming directions, so this may not be a realistic scenario

Mistel

Banned
We would also have to hope we get it the first time or else we'll run out of things to sell.
Based on the version of emulator this is we need to get a Mewoth from say route 8 level it up to 17 teach it pay day and the issue is solved without intervention. With that amount of coordination require and things that could go wrong, it's really a pipe dream till the viewer count drops.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Based on the version of emulator this is we need to get a Mewoth from say route 8 level it up to 17 teach it pay day and the issue is solved without intervention. With that amount of coordination require and things that could go wrong, it's really a pipe dream till the viewer count drops.

No. We could accidentally release Meowth, and Meowth doesn't learn any HMs, so we can't solve the problem that way.

Imagine we find some unknown glitch/easter egg from this ridiculousness

Although I'm sure the code has been dived into and turned outside out by now

Top Bottom