• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

-Horizon-

You want me? Come get me.
A3uNjqj.jpg
Pidgeot didn't deserve that ending.

Nimajneb

I've been trying out my own Twitch chat to input set up. Any ideas on what games I should run? I'm thinking either Dragon Quest or Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal.

Nimajneb

This isn't the first time I've heard about vietnamese crystal. What's notable about it?

It's a horrible Japanese to Chinese to English translated bootleg that's full of hilarious Engrish.

SUPER. MARIO. BROS.

DO IT

I would seriously try this is Twitch didn't have a 30 second plus stream delay.

Edit: The only way I can think of to make it work is to pause emulation every second and wait for input, turning it into a turn based game. The idea seems amusing at first, but I imagine it would get quite tedious after a few minutes.

kiguel182

Multitwitch is handy:
http://www.multitwitch.tv/rngplayspokemon/twitchplayspokemon

Can someone explain to me how a completely random input game actually progresses? I figured it would be walking back and forth on the WHOLE map, but it actually makes some progress and has beaten the first gym.

I think the idea is that, given enough time, they will press the right combination of keys and advance the game.

The probability of it happening is low but it's mathematically possible. Maybe. That's my guess at least.

RedShift

So nearly taught teleport. That would be "fun", I don't think we'll be as lucky next time we use the PC as we were with digrat.

Top Bottom