• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Zabant

JdoeGO6.jpg

Jesus Christ that was close....almost taught drowzee dreaded teleport.

Jisgsaw

The RNG is actually advancing? What's the status of that?

I don't know what's more impressing but I'm loving all of this.

I find it quite frightening that a RNG is doing similarly well in the game as 50.000 combined people...
(well, that's not quite right, at least the "real" stream has more than 2 active pokemons)

linko9

I find it quite frightening that a RNG is doing similarly well in the game as 50.000 combined people...
(well, that's not quite right, at least the "real" stream has more than 2 active pokemons)

It's been going for over 20 days; not doing nearly as well.

Articalys

This literally falls under the infinite monkey theorem which is absolutely glorious LOL
Haha, I like how the article points out that the theorem breaks down when you start to vaguely approach the concept of even extremely large physical limits:
However, for physically meaningful numbers of monkeys typing for physically meaningful lengths of time the results are reversed. If there are as many monkeys as there are atoms in the observable universe typing extremely fast for trillions of times the life of the universe, the probability of the monkeys replicating even a single page of Shakespeare is effectively zero.

kiguel182

Haha, I like how the article points out that the theorem breaks down when you start to vaguely approach the concept of even extremely large physical limits:

The RNG stream falls under the theorem actually.

And, of course, physically the theorem doesn't work but it's more of a mathematical thing that something that can actual happen in real life.

But with computers and random generators it's more feasible. No monkeys unfortunately.

TrickRoom

Eevee isn't a good idea for the sake of the run, but it would be interesting to see how the hivemind reacts to the split of choices.

Revven

I definitely get an ad when I first load up the video.

Probably should disable your ad-blocker. ;)

That happens with every Twitch channel, even when they're not partnered. As far as I know, you can't stop that ad from appearing for viewers when they first load the stream up.

Also, I don't have ad-block lol. I support every stream I watch.

We need a "Gaf plays"

We should use hitbox.tv. 3-5 seconds lag is so much easier to work with. We would stomp out this game compared to the twitch feed.

I'd be on board to participate, but as far as hosting something like this, I have no idea how to go about doing it.

---

Anyways, this is fascinating. I periodically check it at just the right times it seems. The growth this thing has is amazing.

We should use hitbox.tv. 3-5 seconds lag is so much easier to work with. We would stomp out this game compared to the twitch feed.

I'd be on board to participate, but as far as hosting something like this, I have no idea how to go about doing it.

---

Anyways, this is fascinating. I periodically check it at just the right times it seems. The growth this thing has is amazing.
Someone tried hitbox but their chat sucks balls so wed have to use a different system but at that point, it becomes more complicated.

Top Bottom