• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
once one of the pokemons has fly... thats going to be a constant problem.

They are either smart enough not to teach it to anyone, or they'll quickly decide to bench that pokemon, same with the digtata.

DJ88

NBA Allstar game and twitchplayspokemon. Doesn't get any better than this.

ib11t4SZTXibuj.JPG

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Actually, I'd almost bet that someone will teach Pidgeot Fly, and that these guys will be forced to bench their only strong pokemon.

I can already smell the salty tears resulting from this.

Articalys

Really though, what's hampering their progress more at this point: people intentionally trolling, or the fact that they keep overshooting their goal since the twitch delay means the flood of commands doesn't stop when they need it to?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Really though, what's hampering their progress more at this point: people intentionally trolling, or the fact that they keep overshooting their goal since the twitch delay means the flood of commands doesn't stop when they need it to?

Twitch delay. Its impossible to correctly line up the right commands. Its a weighted random distribution at this point.

At this stage it is hard to intentionally troll with the delay as we need a combination of all the buttons. People are trying to form strategies (like the "house strat") where we would definitely need just a limited combo of inputs.

So in regards to your question definitely the latter.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
"At this point"? Thats what it was since the beginning :p

Right, but this is a particularly complicated sequence. They have to stand in one spot, face one direction, open a menu, navigate the menu, open another menu, navigate the second menu and then open and navigate a third menu

Now they just have to get inside and cut another one.

Anyway, I said it before, but this time, I really do have to call it a night. Night guys; I'll be catching up with you tomorrow. Godspeed.

Top Bottom