• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I actually have the Twitch stream run on my iPad, and I post here/browse for gifs and such on my iPhone. It's scary how hooked I am on all of this.

I usually have my ipad for the sound (because the stream is too loud on my tv), the stream on my TV via ps4 as background and post/read gaf on my notebook :p

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It'll be interesting to see if this sort of thing dies down or out after this, it if it'll grow into something bigger. I want to try this with some of my audience with certain RPG Maker games, going to see if I can get an IRC Bot set-up when I get home.

RedShift

I'm genuinely both concerned and excited at the thought of how much time I can see myself investing in this until it's completion/people give up. Not as a participant (I can't even view/join the chat on my iPad, which is what I use to browse the net), but simply as an observer.

I can view the video and chat simultaneously on my iPhone 4, I'm pretty sure you can do it on an iPad.

You're using the Twitch app right?

I usually have my ipad for the sound (because the stream is too loud on my tv), the stream on my TV via ps4 as background and post/read gaf on my notebook :p

Oh fuck having sound. As nostalgic as I am for the R/B/Y soundtrack, hearing the same track on loop for hours at a time gets old fast.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh fuck having sound. As nostalgic as I am for the R/B/Y soundtrack, hearing the same track on loop for hours at a time gets old fast.

I actually wish I could turn off the music, but I have the stream running in the background all day and I am reacting to "battle starting" and other sounds that alert me of certain actions while I am working or doing other things.

Wow. The amount of start trolls in unfunny in every single way.
It's kind of ruining this for me /:

No Start trolls atm, they NEED start to cut the tree down there.

I can view the video and chat simultaneously on my iPhone 4, I'm pretty sure you can do it on an iPad.

You're using the Twitch app right?

No, just using their site in Safari. I guess I could download the app, but since videos I've seen show the text whizzing by at a rate far too fast to read the real comments, I don't feel like I'm missing much.

DaBoss

wouldn't you need the same level of coordindation to get into the house as to get in front the tree lol
You don't need to press start and use cut. Once Red goes in the house, everyone knows what to do. You would just go in the house and then spam down afterwards.

tensuke

It'll be interesting to see if this sort of thing dies down or out after this, it if it'll grow into something bigger. I want to try this with some of my audience with certain RPG Maker games, going to see if I can get an IRC Bot set-up when I get home.

Oh that would be so much fun, would love to try that. :3

It just seems to keep getting bigger though. After a few days it's at like 45,000 now. I suppose I could see it topping out at 50-60k before starting to drop, but it'll drop slowly as long as progress is made every few hours.

Mistel

Banned
I understand why GF did it, but I always found it funny that there was Diglett Cave/Sandshrew outside Vermilion and Vulpix/Growlithe outside Celadon (and Houndour in GS)
I think it's interesting how they place they vary the pokemon available and often it's helping the player, like that with the placement.

If only I'd managed to get a geodude, we could have had a dig / hm slave that could have a decent rock type move in the final space.

Seems like people are getting better at counteracting the flood of "rights" that come when you're just to the left of it by posting a bunch of "lefts" in chat as well. It's working surprisingly well, all things considered..

Toma

I think it's interesting how they place they vary the pokemon available and often it's helping the player, like that with the placement.

If only I'd managed to get a geodude, we could have had a dig / hm slave that could have a decent rock type move in the final space.

Dig is a no go anyway. Fly would/will be a disaster too.

TechOne

5TlGp6G.jpg

And if they actually beat Erika they have to cut this one again on the way out.

Thankfully this is the hardest one. The other trees you have to cut at least have walls on at least one (and usually both) sides so it's easier to get lined up and stuck right in front of it.

This is one of those weird Kazification gif periods on the internet, where it all just comes together perfectly. Memes create themselves, funny stuff happens in a weird, emergent way. It's the kind of experience that basically is impossible to explain, you just need to experience to understand. No matter how the internet changes over the course of our lives, I hope this kind of thing never goes away. Most technology just enables us to do things we could do already, but faster or more efficiently. This is a genuinely new thing. And it feels so special when it's happening! In the words of Hunter S Thompson:

"t seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

Zetta

I wonder how many of us are going to have nightmares about being unable to cut a tree or jumping over a ledge endlessly.

Toma

I wonder how many of us are going to have nightmares about being unable to cut a tree or jumping over a ledge endlessly.

Relax a bit guys :p I am sure that being stuck 12 hours in a certain spot is NOTHING yet, fucking up rock sliding puzzles is incredibly easy with this kind of movement and you all should be prepared that one or the other area might take days. I am still amused actually if its below 24 hours per obstacle.

This is one of those weird Kazification gif periods on the internet, where it all just comes together perfectly. Memes create themselves, funny stuff happens in a weird, emergent way. It's the kind of experience that basically is impossible to explain, you just need to experience to understand. No matter how the internet changes over the course of our lives, I hope this kind of thing never goes away. Most technology just enables us to do things we could do already, but faster or more efficiently. This is a genuinely new thing. And it feels so special when it's happening! In the words of Hunter S Thompson:

"t seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era—the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run . . . but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant. . . .

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

31a522eeb0813902efd7c4a677ca057eabd7e1efd2ae7d6fd2a4a561c08bce58.jpg

Mistel

Banned
OMG how did they get out of the dark caves?
It was less traumatizing than cerulean, that's why. It was just bumping around in the dark really.

Dig is a no go anyway. Fly would/will be a disaster too.
Blocking cave memories from my mind, I'm dreading seafoam island. Well maybe not dig but a geodude or graveler could have been the strength slave and been useful at several points. In the wacky world of g1 it must have some odd tm's it can learn.

Top Bottom