• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

PBalfredo

Where is the daycare in gen 1? I like the idea of putting someone in. Pretty much no chance of accidently releasing anyone and if we can use that to drop someone useless like Dux so we can have Eevee and Lapras than that's pretty much the best way forward.

Bahaha, I love how they decided to engage in Yolomancy with Eevee.

Technically, there is no way to actually irrevocably FAIL this game, right? The worst case scenario is that they fuck up to the extent that it delays victory by several months

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
All you salty Eevee-haters. All that bitterness is working pretty hard to cover the denial at Eevee's clear appeal.

Where is the daycare in gen 1? I like the idea of putting someone in. Pretty much no chance of accidently releasing anyone and if we can use that to drop someone useless like Dux so we can have Eevee and Lapras than that's pretty much the best way forward.

XRPdgHw.png

lol

I've been watching since day 2. Hilarious stuff! Especially the recent Eevee drama. I was in #TeamEevee. If (and that's a very big if) they get a Jolteon, they'll be set. Vaporeon would be OK, and Flareon is a waste with no physical fire move.

Our star player knows Gust and Quick attack. Our second best Pokemon knows fucking Cut and Bide.

Why does anyone give a shit about movepools at this point?

Bahaha, I love how they decided to engage in Yolomancy with Eevee.

Technically, there is no way to actually irrevocably FAIL this game, right? The worst case scenario is that they fuck up to the extent that it delays victory by several months

Considering it's pretty much impossible to use potions and revives, we'd need a full 100 team to brute force the Elite Four.

At least that is what I think.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If you're worried about releasing Pidgeot, we have access to Fly - it's at the end of Celadon, just before Snorlax and a bit to the north. We can teach Pidgeot Fly and thus make it unreleasable.

Toxi

Banned
Teaching Pidgeot Fly is just asking for trolling.
Our star player knows Gust and Quick attack. Our second best Pokemon knows fucking Cut and Bide.

Why does anyone give a shit about movepools at this point?
Only important thing about movepools is being able to hit Ghosts.

Being able to hit Rocks supereffectively is also nice, but Ghosts are the big deal.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
If you're worried about releasing Pidgeot, we have access to Fly - it's at the end of Celadon, just before Snorlax and a bit to the north. We can teach Pidgeot Fly and thus make it unreleasable.
Get prepared for the trolls sending us to random cities every five minutes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Get prepared for the trolls sending us to random cities every five minutes.

And? Pidgeot is our clear MVP. Giving it a) a way to hit Ghosts, and b) a way to not be released is way more important than trolling that requires navigating through three sub-menus. We can't use Cut without three hours effort, I'm not worried about attempted trolling on Fly.

linko9

And? Pidgeot is our clear MVP. Giving it a) a way to hit Ghosts, and b) a way to not be released is way more important than trolling that requires navigating through three sub-menus. We can't use Cut without three hours effort, I'm not worried about attempted trolling on Fly.

Were you there in the days of digrat? It is a very real threat. Flying will be pretty frequent I'm afraid.

fanboss

We though the same thing about dig...

Box

nope all pidgeot needs is fly

As unfortunate as getting Eevee was, teaching a Pokemon Fly would be a whole lot worse. The way we end up using moves like Cut and the way we'll be using Surf is by spamming buttons on the menus and eventually picking the right thing. With Fly there, we can easily end up flying all over Kanto. Not to mention, there was already a problem with Dig. Fly works from anywhere in the overworld, sending us all over the map.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Were you there in the days of digrat? It is a very real threat. Flying will be pretty frequent I'm afraid.

I've been here since Mt. Moon, mate. :p Dig's easier than Fly because it works instantly. Fly has an additional menu.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is the first time since Cerulean and the whole Bill/Misty wars that we've had such indecisiveness.

trixx

You guys are right if anything get fly for elite four so pidgeot can do work. I was seeing t as a move rather than the trolling

Zabant

We can't use Cut without three hours effort, I'm not worried about attempted trolling on Fly.

What happens when we DO need to use cut?

"WE MADE IT IN FRONT OF THE TREE GUYS!!"

-enter menu to try and use cut

-Pidgeot flew to cerulean city

All of this could have been avoided if we went for the clear logical choice instead of "LOL EEVEE SO CUTE :3c"

Top Bottom