• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

The measure of how much chat has broken down is in how long it has been with us unable to even heal our Pokemon.

As someone who never finished the original Pokemon, is there anything that can't be resolved with time? Is there a "gate" in the game that you cannot pass if you mess up a one shot thing, such as losing or missing an item? Or burn through a limited amount of in game items in the wrong way? It sounds like things have gone pear shaped but conceivably reconcilable through lots more time.

The original game has a key item (2 actually) located within an area that must be traversed within 500 steps and with an entry fee each time. If you run out of money to pay the fee, you're essentially boned. It's being hacked to be passable in this emulator.

Also there's a long convoluted method to get yourself stuck on an island but you need to try to do that.

Mistel

Banned
MDXh7tP.png

Based Pidgeot is still with us so there's some hope. If we ever reach victory road we can get the sky attack tm from there then it will have a flying move. Or we could teach it hyper beam...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
As someone who never finished the original Pokemon, is there anything that can't be resolved with time? Is there a "gate" in the game that you cannot pass if you mess up a one shot thing, such as losing or missing an item? Or burn through a limited amount of in game items in the wrong way? It sounds like things have gone pear shaped but conceivably reconcilable through lots more time.

A thousand monkeys...

Everything is doable eventually.

Azure J

Seeing that gif made me so happy I wasn't previously invested in this. Releasing starters was a cardinal sin to me in the RBY days.

We need to deposit a pokemon for lapras. Starting to think #TeamEevee is just filled with trolls lol

No we don't. Using the PC is too big of a risk because we dont know whats going to happen when we touch it. We already lost two pokemon. We need to just stay away from it altogether.

Wichu

I think the Safari Zone is the only problem - you get two items needed to finish the game there, but there's a step count limit to get them + you have to pay money to enter. If we run out of money and don't have a Meowth with Pay Day, we're screwed.

No we don't. Using the PC is too big of a risk because we dont know whats going to happen when we touch it. We need to just stay away from it altogether.

We may end up losing most of our Pokemon if we do that, but we can still advance.

We cannot advance without a Surfing pokemon.

The only alternative is to go get a Water Stone, but if you think this chat is going to do anything that would benefit Eevee...

trixx

No we don't. Using the PC is too big of a risk because we dont know whats going to happen when we touch it. We already lost two pokemon. We need to just stay away from it altogether.

Instead of going to the game corner, then going to the pokemon tower so we can go to the rocket hideout in saffron to get Lapras on the team, they go catch an oddish. Why? Now we don't have room for a lapras, so Charmeleon and Jay Leno's death is a waste

this is hillarious.

We may end up losing most of our Pokemon if we do that, but we can still advance.

We cannot advance without a Surfing pokemon.

The only alternative is to go get a Water Stone, but if you think this chat is going to do anything that would benefit Eevee...

Can't we go to the daycare instead? I know its a lot harder to get to, but its better than risking losing pidgeot...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm guessing that Pidgeot is going to just have to grind up to level 75 or something and solo the elite 4.

Not going to be much use if it only has Gust, Quick Attack and 2 non attacks.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
He never would of evolved.

Are you sure? Before people were trying to stop a Pokemon from evolving, but it didn't stop. I think the input is too short to register.

Gardex

Chat was incredibly in sync when trying to get to Erika and while defeating her.

Now it's no progress at all because people keep trying to access the PC

Even a lvl 100 Pidgeot wouldn't be able to solo it. There is no way to heal reliably, so it'll just keep dieing by Lorelei's Ice beams and Bruno's Rock Slides. Pidgeot is a really bad Pokemon.

mclem

There's some nuance I'm missing here. I'm assuming you can't walk along the path straight - fair enough. But usually for ice it goes with a system of 'careen until you hit the wall', and that looks impossible. Can you move the rocks, maybe?

Jazz-ism

Banned
thats a wrap. if we had at least the flareon we had a chance. once abby was freed all hope was lost. once the fire stone was tossed that was the final straw.

can we reset?

qq more

There's some nuance I'm missing here. I'm assuming you can't walk along the path straight - fair enough. But usually for ice it goes with a system of 'careen until you hit the wall', and that looks impossible. Can you move the rocks, maybe?

You can't move rocks or anything like that.

mclem

You can't move rocks or anything like that.

So what are the core mechanics on the ice?

Edit: Wait. Looking at the first two rooms, it could also plausibly be a "Step on every square" puzzle. Is it that?

Edit2: Yeah, the third room's solvable that way, too.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Chat was incredibly in sync when trying to get to Erika and while defeating her.

Now it's no progress at all because people keep trying to access the PC

dog everything fell apart right after that.

it took them 30-45 mins to cut one tree to EXIT the gym...lol

Top Bottom