• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Wiz

I don't know why anyone thought going to the PC would end well...

At least we still have Based Pidgeot.

mclem

Would be interesting to see if Twitch could even beat one round of Space Invaders together.

The delay would be too limiting. It really needs to be something turn-based.

How about Final Fantasy Legend. The arguments over eating meat!

wamberz1

When i went to sleep, they were still in the department store, trying to buy water and evolve eevee.
What did i miss? abby died?:(

There's definitely an appeal to watching thousands of people attempt this game, but I tried my hand at one of the other Twitch Plays Pokemon feeds: one for Emerald. Even with only 50 people in the chat and maybe 5 people actively playing, including me, it still didn't record over half of my commands. Small or large scale, if you feel like your voice isn't being heard, it's not nearly as fun.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
When i went to sleep, they were still in the department store, trying to buy water and evolve eevee.

ivrbedSe2MrcN.gif

CassSept

Eevee brought only doom upon us. Fire stone was bought, then Eevee had sent Abby and Jay Leno on an eternal exile (both were released). We also withdrew Digtata and filled the final spot in a team... with Oddish. Helix Fossil had also been deposited for a brief while, though it's now at the bottom of the item bag.

Basically the whole thing went to hell after a bunch of heretics decided we have to go for Eevee.

Gardex

Pokemon Gold/Silver would be borderline impossible with this many players.
(Not that Blue/Red are that much easier)

Why?

Ecruteak_Gym.jpg

Growlie19

So let me get this straight: While I was asleep, the group wanted to deposit something into the PC to make room for Lapras/some Hitmon. While trying to do so, they not only deposited the Helix Fossil and tossed the Fire Stone, they also released ABBK( and Jay Leno? And finally, they captured an Oddish for some odd reason?

See, this is why I wanted Eevee: the mass chaos that would ensue!

So let me get this straight: While I was asleep, the group wanted to deposit something into the PC to make room for Lapras/some Hitmon. While trying to do so, they not only deposited the Helix Fossil and tossed the Fire Stone, they also released ABBK( and Jay Leno? And finally, they captured an Oddish for some odd reason?

See, this is why I wanted Eevee: the mass chaos that would ensue!

I agree. I love it.

But we still have the Fire Stone and they're desperately trying to use it.

I hope the people who wanted Eevee are happy. We now have nothing to show for it besides a shitty normal type pokemon with no good moves and a much smaller main team. If they would have just left it alone and went for Lapras...

I hope the people who wanted Eevee are happy. We now have nothing to show for it besides a shitty normal type pokemon with no good moves and a much smaller main team. If they would have just left it alone and went for Lapras...

I got several hours worth of people melting down, so I'm good on my end.

As someone who never finished the original Pokemon, is there anything that can't be resolved with time? Is there a "gate" in the game that you cannot pass if you mess up a one shot thing, such as losing or missing an item? Or burn through a limited amount of in game items in the wrong way? It sounds like things have gone pear shaped but conceivably reconcilable through lots more time.

Top Bottom