• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

TechOne

I love how this is a related video.

VRVyOfX.png

RIP Jay Leno.

mr-t-crying.gif

pirata

Over 60,000 viewers? My God, this thing has blown up. There's no way in hell we're going to be able to get to the end of the game without some very high-level pokemon...which seems like an impossibility at this point, with any pokemon vulnerable to being released. Or will this go on so long that all of Red's pokemon will be incredibly overleveled.

OH GOD THEY JUST USED THE ESCAPE ROPE, DIDN'T THEY? I HEARD THE SOUND, BUT I WASNT LOOKING. JESUS CHRIST.

Toxi

Banned
Flareon's on our side now. We have to work with it, whether we like it or not, and it has to work with us whether it likes us or not. Dome Fossil does not take care of its own, it discards them like TMs and Pokedolls, and we cannot bring ourselves down to that level.
Whats weird is that it still streams way better than Nintendo Direct for me. Watch and learn Nintendo!
Nintendo is like my grandpa: I love it for its ideals (Especially its current ideals; the N64-Gamecube era taught them some humility), but I groan and roll my eyes every time it proves it can't use a computer. I still can't believe how they handled the Metroid Other M door glitch; instead of issuing a patch (In 2010), they asked us to mail in our SD cards.

Anteo

Flareon's on our side now. We have to work with it, whether we like it or not, and it has to work with us whether it likes us or not. Dome Fossil does not take care of its own, it discards them like TMs and Pokedolls, and we cannot bring ourselves down to that level.

Nintendo is like my grandpa: I love it for its ideals (Especially its current ideals; the N64-Gamecube era taught them some humility), but I groan and roll my eyes every time it proves it can't use a computer. I still can't believe how they handled the Metroid Other M door glitch; instead of issuing a patch (In 2010), they asked us to mail in our SD cards.

Yeah that was stupid. At least in Skyward Sword they added a channel to the wii so the fix of the savedata could be done right there

Grizzo

If we deposit all our items, at least battles won't get as tedious as it is right now, will they? Oak will say something like "Red! You don't have any items!".

(but yeah, let's not try to deposit anything in the PC ever again)

Holy shit I did not know that...
That is literally incredible.

Toxi

Banned
TM07 teaches Horn Drill.

It's too bad none of our party learns it; overlevel something with Horn Drill in RBY so it outspeeds AI opponents and you have an OHKO machine.
Let's never forget our fallen comrades in this journey. You'll be forever cherished Abby ;__;7
Abby knew it could never take us the entire way. It was biding its time to leave, while grooming its successor (Based Pidgeot) to sweep in its stead.

If we're going to make a TTGL comparison, Abby is Kamina, and Pidgeot is Simon.

Gardex

Nintendo isn't to blame, ustream is just straight up terrible. If you watched the Youtube stream they had simultaneously, you'd notice that it ran flawlessly.
Also, I don't think the Wii had any proper way of patching games, so they had to go through really janky obstacles to fix that glitch.

Agree on the Flareon part though

Top Bottom