• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Kirye

Supposedly the streamer said they would use a hack in the ROM to give unlimited steps. Maybe they will also use a hack to give money if the game is out of money by that point. Supposedly red/blue, unlike yellow, does not let you into the safari zone for free if you are broke.

I wonder what the percentage of "players" (or at least people with accounts) versus viewers is? I would guess maybe 1/5 people bother to make an account, log in, and type things, but I have no idea really.

Ah alright, that makes sense. I totally see this game being beaten within 2 or so weeks if this keeps up, but I figured the Safari zone would have been an impossible hurdle. Also waiting for people to constantly dig out of Victory Road.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
77k viewers now. motherofgod.gif

I WAS THERE when there weren't even 10k.

I came in at 1800 (literally just exiting Mt. Moon). I think someone in this thread was there at 400, which was around Brock.

Koren

We could be part of history? This certainly was unexpected.
I don't find this unexpected. On the contrary. There's so many strange categories in the book... This 'experiment' tends to be more impressive and interesting than many of those.

I hope the decide in favor of including it.

RagnarokX

jmWKv1P9xRGfm.jpg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFvkD31Wg

WTF happened overnight

they threw out their fire starter
they threw out Jay Leno
they threw out another moonstone
no pokedolls so now need to get silph scope
they have a false prophet flareon now
they're in team rocket's hq all hope is lost

they put the true god helix fossil in the pc?!

red stop

Red is under the malign influence of the Eevee.

kiguel182

Well, I'm done for today. Hopefully when I wake up we still have Pigeot and we will have made significant progress.

Let the Helix Stone guide you!

Ambient80

This will be the pinnacle of the year for gaming. The gifs, the fanart, the experience... this will not be surpassed for a very long time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
In all honesty, though, I think this is a testament to just how well designed the Pokemon series is. Truly incredible how it can still have such relevance, and makes you understand how it became the juggernaut it did.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Praise be to Lapras, whose Silph Scope will pierce the darkness and reveal the ghosts of the past... we will ride her wave to the chosen island of Cinnabar and surf across the world.

Lapras will be the yin to Pidgeot's yang.

Now Lapras, there is a Mon to believe in.

Top Bottom