• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Darryl

Banned
the chat united without problem to get helix back, now it doesn't know what to do. so much for our god giving us guidance. i say we stuff it back in the deposit box.

Koren

However, Nintendo shutting down this stream won't happen because it's not an event like EVO is.
Not sure what that means exactly...

I think this channel may be actually bigger than EVO. Last year, EVO on twitch peaked at 144k, with 1.7 million unique visitors. The press coverage of the Twitch channel is probably broader too.

Bgtd9tPCMAEXRXf.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
They still need to finish the rocket HQ, dont they? Why arent they walking there?

Jisgsaw

We'll hit 120k well before the E4. This has grown at a pretty consistent rate of 15,000 viewers a day for the last 3 or so days and it isn't slowing. E4 will probably see a spike maybe as far as 200k or so.

Hum...
I think it'll take a lot of time to reach E4, the novelty of the thing will fade.
There'll still be a lot of viewers, but I don't think it'll keep much higher scores than now for very long, only on peaks.

Zabant

PULL 'YER WEIGHT YOU LILLY LIVERED BILGE RATS, HARD OF STARBOARD!!

FORWARD TO THE SALTY LANDS OF PC AND DO AWAY WITH THE VILE BEAST FLAREON.

Grizzo

Ever since I started watching the stream 4 days ago, I keep having those Pokemon Blue/Red tunes at the most random times of the day. Especially when I'm about to fall asleep. I know it's supposed to drive me crazy after a few days, but this soundtrack is just so catchy!

Grizzo

And we just gave a rare candy to Dux. It's been said before, but I'm pretty sure we're gonna end up wasting the masterball on some random trainer's pokemon.

Shinypogs

I give it another two days or so before interest declines to levels where progress can actually be made again. That said I'm shocked at how close we've come to actually getting through the rocket hideout a few times.

Also I am still amused that the RNG powered run managed to irrevocably fuckup before we did.

Revven

Not sure what that means exactly...

I think this channel may be actually bigger than EVO. Last year, EVO on twitch peaked at 144k, with 1.7 million unique visitors. The press coverage of the Twitch channel is probably broader too.

EVO is more like an actual business/company, it's not grassroots like other tournaments which is part of the reason why Nintendo shut down the Melee stream last year -- this thing is hardly making the streamer any money (if anything at all). He doesn't run any ads throughout the day (the only ad that gets run is the one that occurs every time you load up the channel, which can't be disabled) and has a very small subscriber base (otherwise we'd see the whole chat filled with sub-icons).

If Nintendo did go after him, it would look bad. But the reason why I don't see them going after him is because... he isn't making killer money off of this.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
whats the latest on progress??

last i checked people said this was going downhill as they released a couple pokemon and had no pokemon to learn surf. I think their last strong pokemon was pidgeotto.

Zebetite

Banned
I know it's absurdly dangerous, but we are never, ever, EVER going to finish Rocket HQ if we don't get rid of Dig Rat. We need to use the PC again.

Wallach

I know it's absurdly dangerous, but we are never, ever, EVER going to finish Rocket HQ if we don't get rid of Dig Rat. We need to use the PC again.

Someone has to go one way or another to make room for Lapras, so it should probably be done before we get any more levels on anyone.

Plus we need to cut out the cancer that is Flareon to reunite the chat.

LProtag

I was terrified that the Helix was a false god luring us to the PC in order to force us to sacrifice our Pokemon.

I'm glad that didn't happen.

Top Bottom