• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Darryl

Banned
this run is going to end over our pokecenter gambling addiction. it's all fun and games until we accidentally tell pidgeot to gtfo, then the reality will hit.

Grizzo

EVO is more like an actual business/company, it's not grassroots like other tournaments which is part of the reason why Nintendo shut down the Melee stream last year -- this thing is hardly making the streamer any money (if anything at all). He doesn't run any ads throughout the day (the only ad that gets run is the one that occurs every time you load up the channel, which can't be disabled) and has a very small subscriber base (otherwise we'd see the whole chat filled with sub-icons).

If Nintendo did go after him, it would look bad. But the reason why I don't see them going after him is because... he isn't making killer money off of this.

Yeah, but isn't there a 20 seconds ad playing every time people open the stream? It's almost at 6 millions views, so it must mean something, money-wise? That, plus the 5 dollars subscriptions he must have raked in since the beginning of the game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Someone has to go one way or another to make room for Lapras, so it should probably be done before we get any more levels on anyone.

Plus we need to cut out the cancer that is Flareon to reunite the chat.

Getting rid of Flareon at this point is silly on multiple levels. The least of which is keeping the sweet jpgs rolling in.

Zeppeli

Banned
This is what a crowd of an estimated ~80,000 looks like.

This is the size of the ONLINE playerbase of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

1349441414-0.jpg

Wh0 N0se

SS Ticket lovers and Helix believers, just remember this:

“We do have a lot in common.
The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

-Meowth

Koren

EVO is more like an actual business/company, it's not grassroots like other tournaments which is part of the reason why Nintendo shut down the Melee stream last year -- this thing is hardly making the streamer any money (if anything at all). He doesn't run any ads throughout the day (the only ad that gets run is the one that occurs every time you load up the channel, which can't be disabled) and has a very small subscriber base (otherwise we'd see the whole chat filled with sub-icons).
I see... Thanks for clarification! I can agree with this.

If Nintendo did go after him, it would look bad. But the reason why I don't see them going after him is because... he isn't making killer money off of this.
I don't think they'll go against this.

But I'm not sure they'll allow this kind of stream to become common either. We'll see. Meanwhile, it's a great moment.

Mind blown again about the helix fossil, btw.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Why are they trying to get to the PC? It's too dangerous to go there.

One of three things. To deposit Dig rat so we dont keep getting ported out of the Hideout. To deposit and then get rid of Flareon for fucking everything up. To deposit and get rid of Pidgeot to fuck everything up more.

Wallach

One of three things. To deposit Dig rat so we dont keep getting ported out of the Hideout. To deposit and then get rid of Flareon for fucking everything up. To deposit and get rid of Pidgeot to fuck everything up more.

And one of these three things must be fulfilled before Silph Co. Or all of them, as it may happen.

Does this work using an average? It should work using a mode of inputs.

It kind of does. There is no command queuing in Red/blue, so the direction/button pressed most often is most often going to be the one that "activates" when the cooldown on the last button effect happens.

So, why the helix worshipped? What happened when it return to its true form?

The Helix fossil can not be removed. The Helix fossil can not be betrayed. The Helix Fossil has been "used" during all of the most critical battles since Brock. The Helix Fossil is everything.

Top Bottom