• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Thelta

Neo Member
1392658067-gameofhelix.png
I'm dying here.Too good.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
god it feels so good to see people liking pidgeot

hes been my favorite pokemon since the original games and everybodys been shitting on him until now

<3

Its a shame he got overshadowed by later birds with more attack stats and speed. Unfortunately limited movesets seem to be something I dont think any of the intro birds have overcome (but boy does a brave bird or drill peck from some of them hurt)

Jezan

Is there any site where I can read about "False Prophet" and the worship of Helix Fossil? Or can someone explain, please?

PK Gaming

I am so lost, lol

I somehow missed the boat and I don't get anything. Fossils? Pidgeot? Charmeleon? What's so significant about any of these things? All I know is that twitch is stuck in one location due to trolling

I feel like you guys have a weird view of manageable.

Unless the viewer count drops to 1K at the least, it's going to be absolute chaos. I came in at 3k viewers and they were stuck outside Mt. Moon in the field below the entrance, after they had already made it to the end and gotten the Helix Fossil.

After!

Zeppeli

Banned

I am so lost, lol

I somehow missed the boat and I don't get anything. Fossils? Pidgeot? Charmeleon? What's so significant about any of these things? All I know is that twitch is stuck in one location due to trolling

Back to Mt. Moon with you, Dome heathen.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Unless the viewer count drops to 1K at the least, it's going to be absolute chaos. I came in at 3k viewers and they were stuck outside Mt. Moon in the field below the entrance, after they had already made it to the end and gotten the Helix Fossil.

After!

Those were simpler times. We still had moon stone's wise counsel.

Zabant

HA! HA! TIME FOR START SPAM!

No really, digging out of here is the only way they'll learn digtatta needs to be dumped for a free slot

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

After!

They went back to that part several times during the Bill/Misty Wars. When the chat actually has a clear objective, normally things are capable of being done; but occasionally the system just falls apart.

Keyouta

I'm sure lots of people have done this, but I just sent a tweet to Masuda with a link to this. I wonder how many people at Gamefreak or NoA know about this.

JulianImp

So, I come back for a few minutes and watch as they log onto the PC and withdraw helix fossil and HM01 without tossing away or releasing anything... I guess we could really use its advice now.

Linkyn

I'm sure lots of people have done this, but I just sent a tweet to Masuda with a link to this. I wonder how many people at Gamefreak or NoA know about this.

Now that's just poking the bear. You might as well convince the chat to migrate back to the PC.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

Abby was released because of the false prophet eevee.

If Abby was truly special, she'd have been under the protection of the Helix. The Helix saw fit for this to happen even if it was the false prophet Eevee that performed the action. Nothing can happen if the Helix doesn't allow for it first... The fact that the Helix allowed Abby to never learn Ember was proof from the start!

Grizzo

They might shut it down.

But it's not like Nintendo and Game Freak are losing money on this, since Pokemon Red/Blue aren't available on the Virtual Console. Plus it would be really bad publicity, and they certainly don't need that kind of attention right now. But knowing Nintendo... it might be possible.

PBalfredo

I'm very curious how we're going to get through Pokemon Tower. Our exp hog Pidgeot can't do shit to ghosts. Everyone else is underleveled. Even with Drowzee's immunity to ghosts, there's one big obstacle to just strapping Drowzee to the lead position and running head first into Pokemon Tower.

source

This is possibly a world record in the making, Nintendo likes being in the world record books. It'd be terrible PR to try and close it down at this point. Maybe before it became such a hit, but the ship has sailed if they know what's good for them.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If Abby was truly special, she'd have been under the protection of the Helix. The Helix saw fit for this to happen even if it was the false prophet Eevee that performed the action. Nothing can happen if the Helix doesn't allow for it first... The fact that the Helix allowed Abby to never learn Ember was proof from the start!

Abby did have ember, just fyi.

Is there any site where I can read about "False Prophet" and the worship of Helix Fossil? Or can someone explain, please?

The false prophet is Eevee/Flareon. After beating Erica (4th gym), the game really opens up and there are numerous way to approach the second half. Basically there was only one spot available for another pokemon, and using the PC is basically out of the question due to the difficulty of actually depositing/withdrawing the correct pokemon, and the chance of releasing one of our main guys.

So the obvious choice was too get Lapras from the Silph building right? No use of pokeballs, no having to fiddle with the PC, and it fulfills our need for a Surf/Strength user.

But nothing is that easy. The Eevee worshipers won the war and got to the top of the building where Eevee is given to you. In addition to wasting Lapras's spot, this created the new dilemma of actually buying a thunder/water stone, and somehow using it on Eevee.

Of course the money is wasted on a firestone, and in the midst of trying to deposit a weaker pokemon to make way for Lapras, we deposit and release our starter Charmeleon (Abby) and our trusted Ratata (Jay Leno).

Miraculously the stone was successfully used on Eevee though, so we're stuck with Flareon. The false prophet who caused all of this.

But it's not like Nintendo and Game Freak are losing money on this, since Pokemon Red/Blue aren't available on the Virtual Console. Plus it would be really bad publicity, and they certainly don't need that kind of attention right now. But knowing Nintendo... it might be possible.

Yea they wouldn't close it down, but they'd probably want to claim all the ad revenue this is generating.

No, Abby was thrown out for OUR sins.

Jay Leno perhaps... he was a true innocent. Abby was not. She was front and center, her weakness was everyone's weakness. The Great Helix thus removed her from his plans and did so very early. The Eevee was not foretold, but his existance only sped up her inevitable fall.

They went back to that part several times during the Bill/Misty Wars. When the chat actually has a clear objective, normally things are capable of being done; but occasionally the system just falls apart.

Below the entrance, under the Pokemon Center and the ledges, not to the left of Cerulean.

Wazzy

Banned
A false prophet follower. YOU SIN AGAINST HELIX? BURN IN THE FLAMES OF ABBBBBBBBBBK (

Top Bottom