• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Now suddenly it's majority vote for each command?

Ugh, the social experiment aspect just got diluted a little.
Eevee was the result of a majority.

Eevee isn't what was wrong with this, it's random trolls going toward random places and pressing start all the time.

I don't see how the experiment got diluted, it got better if anything. Majority vote.

Garcia

Guys, is this "voting" system new? I can't believe I jumped in right when it got implemented, this is going to make the game actually beatable.

TheOGB

Banned
With the Helix Fossil among many items in the PC, and a new system of democracy implemented, Twitch Plays Pokémon has ushered in a new era. Will this advancement improve our hopeless situation? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z!

Nintaiyo

Yeah, this is pretty boring to watch now. Part of the charm was how frenetic and absurd it was with all of the inputs coming in super fast. They should just ban the bots.

Griss

Ruins the fun of it. I really wanted to see how far the hivemind would make it. I have a feeling it would take days and days to get through that maze, but I wanted to see if it was possible.

The guy running it obviously came to the conclusion that with the chat delay it had become essentially an RNG game, and that wasn't what he wanted. At least now there'll be some semblance of intelligence to the choices made. Slows the game down terribly, though.

cleanse the spam, implement excessive movement tedium in its place

while the helix fossil works in mysterious ways, it is not farfetch'd to dig into pokelore and realize the gods can manipulate time in any way they damn well please

LOL they implemented a vote counter?

Time to jump back in to watch the chaos ensue. It worked well on the yellow stream (lolpun) because there were only about 300 ppl.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
It actually is resulting in correct moves. The problem is it's way two slow, because when you turn around your sprite turns before moving, so to go from looking down to walking left would require 2 entire sequences of "left." This is hard to fix because you'd need to keep track of the past inputs and if the player is looking in one direction then do a double move...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your pitchforks!! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your flareons!! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Where is your Helix God now!?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Terrible idea. Terrible programming. Terrible execution. Terrible everything.

Yeah, the whole spazyness was the most interesting thing.

Ban the bots that were still posting at the break, and put some slightly stricter limits on individuals posting too many times too quickly, and just let them go at it.

Top Bottom