• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

TheOGB

Banned
Mobile chat's still on separate but not equal status so I didn't even get to see the whole of the madness just now.

But we're still mashing down...

Leonsito

Voting system is good idea, but it should be per second, a instruction reaches 10 votes, or there are 50 instructions in total, which cames first.

blamite

this would maybe work without a delay, but the 20+ seconds of lag is going to make it absolutely impossible...

Could this be the end?

PBalfredo

I am very concern that non-standard commands also seem to be popping up on the ballot. If the system is taking combo inputs, it won't take long for trolls to soft reset.

I am very concern that non-standard commands also seem to be popping up on the ballot. If the system is taking combo inputs, it won't take long for trolls to soft reset.

Pretty sure Select is disabled anyway.

Maybe they just want to keep this long enough to bypass the Hideout maze?

That's what I hope.

Getting pretty bored of Democracy Simulator 2014. Back in my day, if you wanted a Helix Fossil, you'd go out there and get it. Now there's so much red tape I sometimes wonder if it's even worth trying.

CassSept

This will get us nowhere.

So, what does that say about democracy? Instead of thinking about the future everybody is voting based on the current state of the matter and instead of progressing mankind we are stuck walking in circles?

blamite

We're going to need to use a PC eventually anyway to use surf, but without the lag getting fixed (it won't) I don't see how that's going to be possible.
That's very strange too, it wouldn't be hard at all for the counter to use only the inputs accepted by the command list below it...

Roche

Well they seem to currently be failing at exiting the Pokémon Center so I don't think this new system will help all that much.

More people need to do things like right2 etc as hitting it once just changes direction but gets you nowhere.
According to an interview soft reset was disabled in the emulator.

linko9

Just read the new description. Why is he fucking around with numbers and shit? This ain't no math class. A simple button will suffice.

co1onel

This isn't going to work. Everyone has to collectively think 30 seconds ahead now, or we'll never even get out this door.

Also its still too slow. Should count votes like every 2 seconds.

Ok this sucks. I am out. It was an awesome social experiment if 50.000 monkey can indeed write a book given an infinite amount of time. Nothing ever came closer than this. Now its just shit.

Tourmeta

Description
New input system information!

Inputs are now vote-based over a 5 second period (working on finding a better timespan).

You can type buttons as usual and also add numbers to them to increase the number of times that button is pressed.

You can add one to the other like left2down2 to move down twice and left twice.

TheOGB

Banned
Somehow this is even more pathetic than the maze fuckery. It's like we just came out of a coma and have to relearn how to walk.

Let's see how THIS tweak works out.

Top Bottom