• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

GrimmUK

Banned
This new system is really, really bad and goes against the original idea of the stream.
Plus it's boring as fuck.

I want to see a collective consciousness eventually do simple tasks, not wait around with this slow shit.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I really think they need to reinstate voting periods if they want to stick with this system, otherwise people are constantly voting Democracy once Anarchy is up and the other way around.

Say after a voting is done, 30 minutes of no democracy/anarchy voting.

DaBoss

GQG6m5k.gif

Heysoos

Uh woah. I can kind of guess what's going with the Anarchy/Democracy system but why are people sending commands with numbers? Like right4

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I really think they need to reinstate voting periods if they want to stick with this system, otherwise people are constantly voting Democracy once Anarchy is up and otherwise.

Are you suggesting order to the chaos? Why this chat would have you believe that its not in the spirit of the original vision of the streams creation.

Or some fucking shit.

I really think they need to reinstate voting periods if they want to stick with this system, otherwise people are constantly voting Democracy once Anarchy is up and the other way around.

the only reason why Democracy came back so fast was because of reentering the maze. Next time we get into a fight or get out of the rocket HQ people will be begging for anarchy.

This new system is really, really bad and goes against the original idea of the stream.
Plus it's boring as fuck.

I want to see a collective consciousness eventually do simple tasks, not wait around with this slow shit.

Well, since we're back in the maze, you're really going to be waiting.

kiguel182

Would not work with 20-40 seconds of lag. If anything, democracy should be on a longer delay (45-60 seconds)

Iup, Democracy needs some indication of delay and time to counter it otherwise people would be voting for the wrong action.

Still, goes against the whole point of this exercise but whatever.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Are you suggesting order to the chaos? Why this chat would have you believe that its not in the spirit of the original vision of the streams creation.

Or some fucking shit.

I am suggesting going back to chaos only and have life find a way, but IF they stick with this, switching between anarchy and democracy every hour will be tiresome.

Anustart

This shit is going to get us NOWHERE! We're going to keep re-doing this damn maze over and over again, Groundhog day-style until we do it RIGHT!
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ WITH ANARCHY!!! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

trixx

The new system should help to advance in the gym, yet is not working at all i can't even imagine how it would be without the votes.

Just a minute ago we were out of the maze with the new system and as soon as anarchy hit we were back in. Just relax, once we are out of the maze revert back to anarchy. We haven't made that much progression since.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to us developing slowly more complex systems. Sooner or later, we'll have a representative democracy complete with legislative/executive divide and a proportional system of taxation used to levy a professional army.

TrickRoom

I'm somewhat mixed about this new system. Seeing the chat switch to anarchy within the battle, and then switch to democracy the moment they slid back in the puzzle does give me hope in it. The input lag ended up causing more problems than the actual chaos, which democracy at least mitigated. The original parameters of the experiment paid no mind to whether the people could actually finish the game or not, while this system at least makes it possible for progress to happen (or at the very least the event of a societal upturn), and eventually finish the game. I have no illusions that if we keep this system for long, the meaning of the original experiment is lost. However, the new system presents us with a whole new set of philosophical questions (and drama) to experiment on and is something that I can see us actually completing the Safari Zone with. Not to mention, if the streamer is doing GSC or even RSE, democracy would be shifted in eventually, and naturally by the viewerbase in order to get through the dreaded Morty and Wallace's gyms. It's either that, or the game gets hacked to make those parts easier, or the streamer takes over.

Azuran

Banned
People voting democracy are the reason why games are so easy these days. Everyone wants everything handed down to them. #DemocracyFail #TeamFlareon #PraiseHelix

I'm looking forward to us developing slowly more complex systems. Sooner or later, we'll have a representative democracy complete with legislative/executive divide and a proportional system of taxation used to levy a professional army.

Our bureaucracy will be the envy of the world. it would only take a week to make each move.

LProtag

Honestly I'd rather have the streamer just go on and beat this part for us and then walk away to let the story continue on its own, until we get to another place we're stuck at for days.

Timeaisis

About 20 minutes ago they managed to successfully pass the maze... and then they walked right back into it.

Oh, ok. Just a regular day, then.

After reading the last couple pages, I understand this Anarchy/Democracy thing. A lot has happened in the last eight hours (non-game wise). Doesn't look like it's helped any, though.

Top Bottom