• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Dug

Banned
Welp, all I had to do was disable my Avast addon for chrome and Twitch stopped buffering every 5 seconds. I can finally watch now!

Toxi

Banned
Finally someone will follow Oak's advice.

9hMuNrF.jpg

Man I missed talking to this guy in the pokecenter, always so insightful.

Never was into Pokemon, what's the matter with Cerulean?

I think we are on hour 9 or 10 of Cerulean is all that's wrong with it.

(edit) Wait longer than that, I've been watching Cerulean for 8, and there were several attempts on Misty before then.

Gardex

One day they will get to the elite four, and JLWVNNOOOOO will still be there, supporting the team as a level 11 Rattata

emb

Finally someone will follow Oak's advice.

9hMuNrF.jpg
I legit used mine on Golbat in when first playing Blue. It was the first new thing I saw after getting the master ball, and for some reason I assumed I could always go talk to the guy to get another.

mclem

I think we are on hour 9 or 10 of Cerulean is all that's wrong with it.

(edit) Wait longer than that, I've been watching Cerulean for 8, and there were several attempts on Misty before then.

Using this thread history, I think this post:

Ten minutes to get from Mt. Moon's exit to Cerulean.

Bloody hell, it's like the emulator only listens to trolls.

Is the one that roughly coincides with them hitting Cerulean for the first time.

By my count, that's nearly thirteen hours ago.

THIRTEEN HOURS OF THAT SONG.

And then starting it again, and going through it another 30%.

Makai

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your helix stone ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

This run is a meme goldmine. I wonder if any will stick. I think moonstone has a chance
[sic] Chansey

Someone should create a private group, set up another one of these, and enforce Nuzlocke rules. It would be interesting to see a small group who actually wants to play try and Nuzlocke the game.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or if it's too obvious but the fact that it's called "twitch" plays pokemon is just awesome. Makes so much sense it's almost too good to be true.

Finalow

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ toss your helix stone ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Gardex

After watching this for the past hour, I have 1 question.

How the fuck did they beat 2 gym leaders?

Beating them is hard, but understandable after enough brute force.

However, managing to go to the pokemart, buy two pokeballs, and then catch a rattata, all within 10-ish minutes... that's what surprises me the most

Cess007

They should be streaming this on hitbox.tv so the lag wouldn't be as bad. This is crazy hilarious though.

I don't know. The delay somehow make it better. If there was no lag, maybe advancing in the game wouldn't be so hard and this wouldn't be as hilarious. Part of what makes this so funny is that people type their input without knowing exactly what their input will do.

KarmaCow

I thought this was some event where a bunch of streamers played Pokemon but this even more amazing. It's like a never ending train wreck.

Toxi

Banned
After watching this for the past hour, I have 1 question.

How the fuck did they beat 2 gym leaders?
Brock's easy even for Charmander, his Pokemon have terrible attack and only Normal attacks.

I really have no clue how they beat Misty, even with Pidgeotto the hero.

PBalfredo

How often do NPCs give free pokeballs in Gen 1? NPCs handed out a good amount of swag in XY and I really want to see the hivemind try to catch more pokemon.

Toxi

Banned
How often do NPCs give free pokeballs in Gen 1? NPCs handed out a good amount of swag in XY and I really want to see the hivemind try to catch more pokemon.
They only hand you Pokeballs at the entrance of the Safari Zone.

The Safari Zone oh dear god

KarmaCow

Pretty sure you don't get anymore from NPCs. Recent Pokemon games seem to hold your hand a lot more.

Top Bottom