• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Cess007

nowillr0srt.png

/dead

jelmerjt

Polygon had an interview with Twitch Plays Pokémon's creator :p

Twitch Plays Pokémon's creator says they chose the original Pokémon for its "turn-based gameplay, forgiving nature and its lack of reaction-based gameplay (which isn't compatible with [20 seconds-plus] of Twitch lag)."

"I'm always thinking of other games that could be adapted to an automated Twitch stream but I don't think Twitch Plays Pokémon's style of input would work with any genre that isn't a JRPG, so I'm thinking of a different input style that would be compatible with a wider range of genres."

"I'm going to let it continue to run 24/7, I'd like to see the Elite Four [trainers] beaten but I have my doubts about it being possible without much better coordination."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/14/5411790/twitch-plays-pokemon-creator-interview-twitchplayspokemon

Toxi

Banned
They're almost at Vermillion City, but the youngster right at the end has a Ratticate, so expect at least one black-out.

FaintDeftone

Anyone having trouble logging into Twitch? I'm trying to play along but it keeps saying the page doesn't exist after I put in my login information...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Praise the moon stone who has long since passed, pray to the helix fossil that brings us knowledge, and rejoice for the nugget that brings us prosperity.

Game over... User wins.

Cerulean *sigh* here we come.

*edit* This type of thing is will breaking... luckily the internet has no will. Only a hive mind.

Top Bottom