• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Nothing is ever harder with fa Flareon gone

I get all the jokes, but why was it a big deal to catch/evolve him in the first place? What requirements (besides the badges) remain to have enough to really bet the game? Why are people now saying the game is fucked, or that things have become 'more dangerous?' Is it simply because the voting system is slowing things down or is the game actually getting sabotaged to an unbeatable state?

Snake

I can't believe that they slew the Great Enemy's emissary, Flareon. I've never been more proud.

Let this be a lesson to all who follow the degenerate path of the Dome.

dwuuuu

Banned
Reading this thread is a million times more exciting than watching the stream !

I love how epic moments are relived here, whereas watching on the stream is just a how lot of command inputs.

I get all the jokes, but why was it a big deal to catch/evolve him in the first place? What requirements (besides the badges) remain to have enough to really bet the game? Why are people now saying the game is fucked, or that things have become 'more dangerous?' Is it simply because the voting system is slowing things down or is the game actually getting sabotaged to an unbeatable state?
I edited and answered better, really we wanted a vaporeon or jolteon actually either would have been more useful , the only danger here is it is one less pretty ok level Pokemon for us to have when we are so incompetent .

Man I hope releasing Flareon doesn't come back to haunt us later.
We're kinda running low on viable Pokemon.
(unless we can power level Digrat and The Keeper)

Alexlf

We finally have a slot for Lapras, who will have a powerful Surf/Strength combo, and hopefully Icebeam/Blizzard as well.

The stars have alligned once more.

Lapras is probably going to end up with Surf, Growl, Sing and Water gun then be released at Cinnabar.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anarchy and democracy aren't opposed. Anarchy is the truest form of democracy, really.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

The game is definitely becoming harder. Without Flareon, Pidgeot is our sole viable Pokemon and frankly, despite being #BasedJesus even Pidgeot will struggle to cope with the end-game.

Talamius

The only reasons people wanted Eevee in the first place were:

1) Cute/furry factor

2) A completely unworkable strategy of expecting 50k (at the time) people to buy a Water Stone and evolve Eevee. We ended up with a Fire Stone and a pile of Pokedolls. Somehow they managed to evolve Flareon.

The Eevee strat was completely unworkable, whereas Lapras is relatively risk free and has Surf guaranteed. We should have gone after Lapras from the outset.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The game is definitely becoming harder. Without Flareon, Pidgeot is our sole viable Pokemon and frankly, despite being #BasedJesus even Pidgeot will struggle to cope with the end-game.
No stop. You are thinking things through. That's not how we do things here

Mr. RHC

Just found this hahaha:

zIh_WGsoFCWRnjejMg860t9eGOj_Ig80ZI0QitbV7cDvYUYnaC-0sXVGwRK6EnJz4zb66O43YcAak7-CCOD-bO_nbuiVkYcFoWHrZ4MgwDMz1jesT8A

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Anarchy and democracy aren't opposed. Anarchy is the truest form of democracy, really.

Strictly speaking, this isn't true. Anarchy requires no hierarchy, democracy requires a hierarchy of the preferred option over the non-preferred option.

I can see people are getting tired of the debate so this is the last thing I'll post about it. If we're going to use democracy to get past seemingly impossible things then it should only be enabled by the admin after we've been stuck for too long (over 12 hours perhaps). Leaving it in the hands of players will just see people going for the easy option too soon. It really sucks that 90% of the inputs right now are votes.

Top Bottom