• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'd forgotten RBY often said 'Not very effective..." even when it was.

So what, that's the fun of this stream.

You think we would have the drama and shitshow if we actually had correct inputs via voting?

The randomness is what made this whole thing worth watching.

Getting bored? Come back in 12 hours and see if stream progressed, problem solved.

Getting lazy?

Equate a tile warp mind puzzle to the entire rest of the game in terms of how much cooperation, thinking forward, and lag compensation it demands from a chat that's guaranteed to have people who don't consider one or any of these things, or bots.

Dad

Anyone typing "democracy" during a battle must be made entirely out of tapioca pudding and cardboard. Just play the game by yourself if you want to win that badly.

Toxi

Banned
If you want to equate what's basically an insurmountable wall to challenge then you're talking crazy

I think that Democracy should be limited to this exact point in the game, and the Safari Zone, and that's it. I'd much prefer it that way personally.
Well...
tumblr_n13r4xo4Mn1rruwv7o1_500.png

Whools

It's still 100% percent controlled by the users.

You know what I mean, the method of interaction being altered has killed the spirit to some extent. No longer is success the product of hours of attempts, rather just people spamming democracy, the TwitchPlaysPokemon equivalent of a tantrum at not having things go your way. Granted it's probably the best kind of compromise, but it would be better to be left as the anarchic system. I'd rather never see it completed than have it "beaten" through democracy.

Anyone typing "democracy" during a battle must be made entirely out of tapioca pudding and cardboard. Just play the game by yourself if you want to win that badly.

Alternatively, anyone wanting the feel of chaos can just whip out a Gameboy and start dancing on the buttons with their toes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like this stream will never beat the Elite 4 if they don't grind for months there anyway

Grinding for months there probably wouldn't be very effective considering it's full of lvl 2-5 Pokemon.

You know what I mean, the method of interaction being altered has killed the spirit to some extent. No longer is success the product of hours of attempts, rather just people spamming democracy, the TwitchPlaysPokemon equivalent of a tantrum at not having things go your way. Granted it's probably the best kind of compromise, but it would be better to be left as the anarchic system. I'd rather never see it completed than have it "beaten" through democracy.

and because anarchy has so many fans democracy will probably only be initiated at one or two points during the game

I can't even see it being used in a single ledge type situation, more like 'can't fucking do this' type one

Getting lazy?

Equate a tile warp mind puzzle to the entire rest of the game in terms of how much cooperation, thinking forward, and lag compensation it demands from a chat that's guaranteed to have people who don't consider one or any of these things, or bots.

Then let it die!

That's the whole point!

It's not how long will it take to beat the game, it's IF we can beat the game.

Don't artificially extend this experiments life by altering the rules mid-game.

Saya Brea

Banned
I'm agreement with the majority here, Democracy should be reserved for places where its easy to get stuck like the mazes and maybe victory road. For the Safari zone the guy should just turn off the step counter and leave on anarchy. Also anyone who says start9 should be thrown into the maze.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You are totally one of the dudes that presses stuff in the opposite direction, presses start, and presses b huh?

Anarchy is better except for in situations like the hideout

Trey

Everything in the game was accomplished by anarchy aside from getting out of the maze and through the elevator.

So basically everything that wasn't a horrible timesink and nigh impossible for 90000 competing voices to complete.

saska

I'd rather never see it completed than have it "beaten" through democracy.

This. And they had all the time in the world. After 3 years of safari zone maybe viewcounts would have dropped to 50 something. Or 5. Suddenly it would be achievable again.

okayfrog

Banned
Then let it die!

That's the whole point!

You are someone who understands this. Kudos to you. The stream is called "TwitchPlaysPokemon" not "TwitchBeatsPokemon".

Drencrom

You can leave whenever you want. The rest of us will call anarchy or democracy whenever we wish.

Like right now.

Oh i'm sorry, did I hit a nerve? I still enjoy the stream, I just think the anarchy/democracy system is lazy and took away some of the charm.

Then let it die!

That's the whole point!

Exactly.

Grizzo

I'm agreement with the majority here, Democracy should be reserved for places where its easy to get stuck like the mazes and maybe victory road. For the Safari zone the guy should just turn off the step counter and leave on anarchy. Also anyone who says start9 should be thrown into the maze.

You can do that?

Then let it die!

That's the whole point!

i suppose that if that's what you came for then yeah this kind of kills the spirit of it

I came for "Twitch plays Pokemon" and while I anticipated walls it would have never been in the favor of the streamer or the viewers at large to keep the stream up and let it die from inactivity and succumb to RNG chat bot mode due to a total wall...

"Oh man we've invested countless hours into this stream for entertainment and contribution but lets pack it up, Victory Road stones are impossible, experiment over"

thats no fun :(

Top Bottom