• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Guys we need help.
cwfOYro.png

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You guys do realize, that right after this part, there is another demonic ledge like this before we are safe, right? If they fail the second ledge, they are back to where they are now.

I1qEz0j.jpg

trixx

playing through yellow version with twitch, good stuff.

Wait, we didn't go through rock tunnel yet. I swear we were here 7 hours ago?

Koren

I'm not really familiar with Twitch, does that mean only people who paid 4.99 dollars could watch the stream?
Apparently, it depends on the owner of the stream. He could allow only suscribers to be able to enter commands and still allowing anyone to watch.

He doesn't want to give anything special to suscribers, though. For the better, I'd say.

ampere

I had been ignoring this thread because the title didn't make any sense, but I am really glad I checked it out. This is hilarious, Red is just spinning in circles most of the time haha. Genius idea.

Koren

You guys do realize, that right after this part, there is another demonic ledge like this before we are safe, right? If they fail the second ledge, they are back to where they are now.
There's THREE trainers and indeed, a ledge. And even if they manage to pass all this, they could still lose to a random encounter before accessing the pokemon center and start over.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
There's THREE trainers and indeed, a ledge. And even if they manage to pass all this, they could still lose to a random encounter before accessing the pokemon center and start over.

Yeah, I fully expect them to still be at that spot tomorrow after I had a good nights sleep :p

The chance of them getting through both ledges AND not dying to a trainer battle seems like... in the 0.0000001% range.

Toma

I think we should take a break. Go to the pokemon center and maybe do a few random battles. People are going to burn themselves out.

That would be for the best actually. Have them give up, get the number back to <5000 and it might actually be doable.

Grizzo

Everyone could watch, only subscribers could input.

I can't believe how much of a goldmine it is.

Apparently, it depends on the owner of the stream. He could allow only suscribers to be able to enter commands and still allowing anyone to watch.

He doesn't want to give anything special to suscribers, though. For the better, I'd say.

Alright, thanks for these clarifications!

Yeah, I think it's best to keep things like they are now. I want the most people possible to take a (small) part of this run.

You want that several thousands people agree on a strategical change ? ^_^

I agree it would be a good decision, but I don't see it happen before at least a defeat against one of the trainers following the ledge.
Well not like I expect anything to happen. :p
We'll lose to either a random encounter or one of the trainers. After this part.

Toma

Watching the Gold stream, and it's refreshing just how much progress is being made in comparison to the eternal ledge.

Its a less interesting social experiment though.

Dario ff

Banned
This ledge is just the training for the future boss.

cboLCuH.png

Not only do they have to go left all those tiles, they have to not overshoot pressing down on the part before or they gotta walk around all over again.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yeah, at this point the downs are mostly just trolls. Stream probably won't get past that point until tonight when the trolls sleep.

And knowing this stream I fully expect them to spend days on this ledge and then run through rock tunnel in one go.

Toma

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, just one more up and it would've been over, OVER.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Its just the start, check the map above. 3 trainers AND another one of those ledges. Even if they happen to get past this, they'll likely need to get past this a few more dozen times.

Burnburn

Its just the start, check the map above. 3 trainers AND another one of those ledges. Even if they happen to get past this, they'll likely need to get past this a few more dozen times.

Yeah you're right, but those can be pretty managable. It seems like the most people want a good outcome, but with a ledge like this a single troll can fuck it all up. I just hope they survive those two trainers, if they do they're hopefully set.

Toma

Yeah you're right, but those can be pretty managable. It seems like the most people want a good outcome, but with a ledge like this a single troll can fuck it all up. I just hope they survive those two trainers, if they do they're hopefully set.

The second ledge is the more critical thing. If they need 1000 tries to get past this ONCE, and they need 1000 tries to get past the second ledge, then they might be able to make it in their 1,000,000th try.

Top Bottom