• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Mory Dunz

they used dux to cut, wouldn't have been a problem. And early fights would be much easier, including this cave stuff. We got stuck with the worst starter.

Dux would have saved us.

Oh yeah, forgot about him.
Yeah true. But who knows, bubble, water gun, and bubblebeam(?) could've gotten wing attacked.

But with 3 water moves, that'd be unlikely.

EDIT:
The only way to get past safari zone is if it takes forever, and everyone gets bored and leaves until there's like 40 people left. And even then, it'd still be insanely hard :D

Majine

Banned
iHdo1e8jD8HeK.gif

I'm dying.

linko9

Just FYI, I'm friends with the dev of this app. He doesn't have a NeoGAF account, but it seems like the app is getting a fair amount of traffic from this thread, so if you've got any suggestions, just point them here and I'll pass them along!

Tell him it's awesome.

Just FYI, I'm friends with the dev of this app. He doesn't have a NeoGAF account, but it seems like the app is getting a fair amount of traffic from this thread, so if you've got any suggestions, just point them here and I'll pass them along!

I don't find the D-Pad axis display particularly useful since it's difficult to compare them to each other as well as to the buttons. Are the units of the D-Pad axis the same as the bars for the buttons?

winterswift

Neo Member
I don't find the D-Pad axis display particularly useful since it's difficult to compare them to each other as well as to the buttons. Are the units of the D-Pad axis the same as the bars for the buttons?

Yeah, I'm a little dissatisfied with the way he visualized the D-Pad too. The units are indeed the same on all the bars/axes, though—2 pixels per command.

Yaqoub

Tossed it into Google Translate and this is the result:

Chinese employees and U.S. employees will complain to each other because of differences between Chinese and American culture. Chinese people during the Cultural Revolution, was forced to cooperative farms. We all work together, then shared equally foods. So now the Chinese have an idea of the work collectively. This is why Chinese people like nosy. They really care about their colleagues. Americans think it will reduce efficiency, but I think this will increase the efficiency of the relationship because we will be closer. The United States is exactly the opposite. Since the founding of the United States there is a capitalist economy. Everyone has the opportunity to make a fortune, but the easiest way to get rich only care about themselves. Now Americans or so. Grew up being taught that they themselves can do anything. Americans value independence may be rare because the United States from England to independence. In the office, Americans do not seek help is not willing to help others. They spotted colleagues competition. They think that only one person was successful.

It's freaking Pokemon, mang. XD

EDIT: BEATEN.

Went to bed, woke up to progress! How close are we to death and a repeat of Ledgegate?

(edit)nm, they made it to the pokecenter and managed to die while I was catching up in the thread.

Wh0 N0se

Glad I went to sleep and the ledge is finally done but man, judging by the Pidgeotto stuff earlier, I missed some of the most tense Pokemon action ever!

How far in the cave are we?

My god, what a crazy project :D It's like a car crash, you just can't stop watching...

Why not just use this data for the button presses? To me it looks like most of the chat is really trying to make progress. Just pressing the button the chat agrees on the most would tune out the trolls and might allow for some actual progress?

The goal of this experiment isn't "how do we make this easiest for chat to come together and win" but rather a social experiment on "what happens when you let a bunch of random people play a single game at once). Doing the former would completely defeat the purpose.

Start could really use being throttled again though.

aScaris

The goal of this experiment isn't "how do we make this easiest for chat to come together and win" but rather a social experiment on "what happens when you let a bunch of random people play a single game at once). Doing the former would completely defeat the purpose.

Start could really use being throttled again though.

Why would it be the first one? It would still be "a bunch of random people play a single game at once" since the chat determines which button is pressed. Sure, its not 30k people pressing buttons at once, but more of a one player presses buttons that 30k people agree on.

Also it's not like the game would execute all the buttons pressed. Most of the chat is ignored and only one random command from one random person is processed.

However, maybe I just miss the point of this all

Why would it be the first one? It would still be "a bunch of random people play a single game at once" since the chat determines which button is pressed. Sure, its not 30k people pressing buttons at once, but more of a one player presses buttons that 30k people agree on.

You just answered your own question.

Also the strategies have evovled out of this are fascinating, like using the Start button to minimize down button presses in the ledge area.

Wallach

i suspect 2 days in the tunnel with no flash?

I dunno, I don't think it will be all that hard to be honest. The trainers are the biggest problem and they will slowly but surely be cleared out. This is actually pretty good since it is basically forced grinding without serious progression blockage like THE LEDGE.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Im happy that they finally beat the ledge, but I think, on some point, they will not be able to make progress, because they only leveling up two pokemons.

Also, they can run into problems, when they reach the level cap and the pokemon not longer listen to them.

Also it's not like the game would execute all the buttons pressed. Most of the chat is ignored and only one random command from one random person is processed.

However, maybe I just miss the point of this all

One is an experiment on what results can be accomplished through social chaos (what we currently have) and one would give us the results of order via democracy (your suggestion).

Your suggestion is by no means a bad one (it's actually a very good one) but it doesn't fit the situation and the experiment being performed.

Burnburn

I have an idea for a GIF, but I can't make one myself. So if anyone thinks it's a good idea go ahead and make it :).

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

Shop his face into geodude and his thumb into the geodude thumb. After he does the thumb down, cut to geodude KO'ing Pidgeotto.

Top Bottom