• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Mistel

Banned
Im happy that they finally beat the ledge, but I think, on some point, they will not be able to make progress, because they only leveling up two pokemons.

Also, they can run into problems, when they reach the level cap and the pokemon not longer listen to them.
The only gyms that will be difficult is using cut at Erika's along with Koga and Giovanni. There's nothing stopping us from picking up some new pokemon that will be more effective....

The only gyms that will be difficult is using cut at Erika's along with Koga and Giovanni. There's nothing stopping us from picking up some new pokemon that will be more effective....

Incorrect... The PC is stopping us. We don't want to get anywhere near that thing because the buttons to move pokemon from your party to box are right next to the "release" button. Not anywhere close to being worth the risk.

Mistel

Banned
Incorrect... The PC is stopping us. We don't want to get anywhere near that thing because the buttons to move pokemon from your party to box are right next to the "release" button. Not anywhere close to being worth the risk.
We used it earlier maybe catch them and wait for popularity to die, before accessing it to prevent unwanted releases.

DerpAlert

Neo Member
Just started watching again, abbbbk dropped a geodude with bide, and I got all excited, then realised it was a trainer battle and it was the 1st of 4 pokemon. Then got blacked out straight away, so devastated.

Im happy that they finally beat the ledge, but I think, on some point, they will not be able to make progress, because they only leveling up two pokemons.

Also, they can run into problems, when they reach the level cap and the pokemon not longer listen to them.

They will be fine.

They will just outlevel everything massively etc. There is nothing stopping them for even catching new pokemon and using it. It will take a while but eventually they will make it like everything else.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

When I first played Red as a child, I bet the whole thing with only a Charizard. Its totally doable.

And shouldn't the level cap only apply to Dux?

Koren

Wow we beat the ledge? How long did it ultimately take?
Nearly a day.

If I'm not mistaken, when they beat it the first time, they lost to a trainer on the road to the cave pokemon center. The second time, they managed to reach the center.

Now it seems to be dig-trolling.

Blizzard

Banned
A charizard might beat the entire game, but I'm not sure, if everything ends up with tackle/leer/growl type moves. It sounds like nearly every move that would have helped win battles is not being learned.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A charizard might beat the entire game, but I'm not sure, if everything ends up with tackle/leer/growl type moves. It sounds like nearly every move that would have helped win battles is not being learned.

He'll eventually accidentally learn a new (good) move.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
aherm

f1e0Sa0.png

kiguel182

If they had a Blastoise you might've been right. Charizard has too many weaknesses in gen 1.

Pigeotto is the one carrying us.

Blizzard

Banned
If they keep skipping moves up through whatever the max move level is, it seems the chances of them teaching one via a TM would very low after that point.

Also, how on earth did they stop 30,000 people from pressing B in the 5 seconds or whatever it takes to evolve? Did they disable B input long enough to evolve charmander?

*edit* And pidgey for that matter.

kiguel182

If they keep skipping moves up through whatever the max move level is, it seems the chances of them teaching one via a TM would very low after that point.

Also, how on earth did they stop 30,000 people from pressing B in the 5 seconds or whatever it takes to evolve? Did they disable B input long enough to evolve charmander?

*edit* And pidgey for that matter.

there's a 20 second delay so you wouldn't know he was going to evolve until it's too late to press b.

Koren

Correction: not pressing B for 5 seconds, indeed, but 30 seconds before the end of the fight...

Blizzard

Banned
Correction: not pressing B for 5 seconds, indeed, but 30 seconds before the end of the fight...
Yeah, I would have just expected people to spam B all fight, but I guess each spammer might be limited to one B input per 30 seconds so maybe that's more reasonable.

Top Bottom