• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

-Horizon-

I missed the start of this, what's the reason behind May and her Torchic being evil?

Twitch soft reset the game 3-4 times after we had a character. Only logical conclusion was that A-chan was waiting in the shadows for the opportune time to finish off the competition and take the spotlight for herself. And Torchic aka Sexy isn't evil.

I missed the start of this, what's the reason behind May and her Torchic being evil?

May became the host of the voices (player characters) by murdering every single other chosen character. (the game soft reset a couple of times, erasing a lot of main characters before we could save)

Torchic is not evil, he is the bastard child of Flareon and Pidgeot, he can go either way.

Of course there's multiple versions, each of varying origins. Also we really suck at this game.

RiggyRob

Twitch soft reset the game 3-4 times after we had a character. Only logical conclusion was that A-chan was waiting in the shadows for the opportune time to finish off the competition and take the spotlight for herself. And Torchic aka Sexy isn't evil.

May became the host of the voices (player characters) by murdering every single other chosen character. (the game soft reset a couple of times, erasing a lot of main characters before we could save)

Torchic is not evil, he is the bastard child of Flareon and Pidgeot, he can go either way.

Of course there's multiple versions, each of varying origins. Also we really suck at this game.

Ah fair enough, I thought they might have tried to pick May on purpose since we didn't go with Kris for Crystal.

Nothing so far has being planned, is just a bunch of people doing random commands, Anarchy is the best/worst possible form. I really wants us to leave that Forsaken city.

RedShift

At this point I want us to leave, grind Nincada while rescuing Mr Briney, then maybe try again for the PC in Dewford.

Oh shit we got Torchic. Will that be enough?

What the? I'm getting a disconnect from the chat every single time that I try to input a command.

OT: We should just leave, train Zexxy and Nincada, get a Shedinja and go for glory.

trixx

What the? I'm getting a disconnect from the chat every single time that I try to input a command.

OT: We should just leave, train Zexxy and Nincada, get a Shedinja and go for glory.

I don't know why some want to get Marill so bad. I mean you can always catch a new one, or a Lotad or something. Anyways my complaining is probably getting annoying. Check back later on.

Marril is useless, it doesn't have any water moves or pure power, leave it.

Keep torchic only, get some pokemons and catch some higher level pokes somewhere else.

Reyne

Torchic is all they need! Blaziken can sweep through most of the elite 4.

Blaziken, who? If the B spammers gets their way ( the evolution sequence is so drawn out, giving them more opportunities ) it will stay a Torchic forever.

But yeah, its not like the Pokemon in the PC are all that special that we need to mess about in it until we have the desired crew...

woen

Dont-Forget-Youre-Here-Forever-Burns-Simpsons.png

Best city in Hoenn. We don't need to move to the next Gym.

Burnburn

Okay, okay. I was really impressed they beat Hoenn and Johto, but this time I will be REALLY impressed if they make it past the ice gym. That puzzle is just too much, even with democracy.

Hoenn was great, but Johto was a bit meh for me. Hoenn is different enough for things to be fun again. PC and double battles are hilarious.

RedShift

You could do it in Gen 2 as well. They got rid of it though in Gen 4 I believe.

Ah you're right. That kind of sucks but no one ever really used it anyway.

Apparently in Emerald alone, if the pokemon knows Hyper Cutter as well it can cut more grass at once.

Azerare

I'm curious, what teams did you guys rock in your own play throughs?
I had:
Blaziken
Walrein
Aggron
Masqurain
Dusclops
Salamence

It'll be interesting to see what this play through winds up with.

Are Game Freak likely to remake Gen 3? It was the last gen I really enjoyed.

It's probably the next game that they're working on and going to release, after the possible "Pokemon Z" or whatever the next installment in X/Y is. They've seemed to do one gen remake per handheld system so far, so 3DS is lined up to get Gen 3.

woen

It's probably the next game that they're working on and going to release, after the possible "Pokemon Z" or whatever the next installment in X/Y is. They've seemed to do one gen remake per handheld system so far, so 3DS is lined up to get Gen 3.

I hope we'll have a X2/Y2, I really like the B2/N2 system with a new character, new gym leaders, new cities, new story following the original one.

I had:
Blaziken
Walrein
Aggron
Masqurain
Dusclops
Salamence

I had Blaziken, Gyarados, Pelipper, Manetric, Groudon, Walrein. Now that I remeber it, goddamn it was fun playing with pokemons that I really liked rather than min-maxing everything.
And I miss my Groudon...can't find him in any of my cartridges.

Vashetti

Banned

The question is, will it have a 3D world like X/Y, or will it still be sprite-based?

I can see uproar if they go with the former.

The question is, will it have a 3D world like X/Y, or will it still be sprite-based?

I'm fine with both, really. I just want them to fix that goddamn FPS. Please GameFreak, optimize your damn game.

Edit: Loading my old Ruby game and seeing that buttery-smooth gameplay makes me so mad when going back to X/Y.

I'm leaning towards 3D right now just so I can see the Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza battles in glorious 3D, provided the framerate isn't too terrible.

I had:
Blaziken
Walrein
Aggron
Masqurain
Dusclops
Salamence

It has been so long since I played 3rd gen
I was in the sixth grade and now I'm almost 3 years after graduation

Luigi87

They'd probably go with 3D if they do (though probably top-down view).
All the models are already made for the Pokemon, so it would simply be a matter of re-creating the world. Far less time consuming and less resources than creating brand new sprites for the Pokemon, etc. (particularly since Gen 5 introduced animated sprites).

Top Bottom