• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Reyne

rb_forss3.png

"CATCH"

Time to face what has always been, throughout every single generation, one of the hardest battles in pokemon
HELL YEAH Just realized Blaze is in effect
GG with Brawly, considering we only had a 1/2 health torchic

Gsnap

Time to face what has always been, throughout every single generation, one of the hardest battles in pokemon
HELL YEAH Just realized Blaze is in effect
GG with Brawly, considering we only had a 1/2 health torchic

Brawly? No way.

Besides, the way things are going now this gym should be way easier than the first one. As long as they don't screw around with the PC, all torchic has to do is keep pecking.

Unlucky

With a Pokemon randomizer, are the Pokemon that appear in an area randomized, or is every wild battle randomized? For example, if Pokemon A, B, and C are usually found on a certain route, we find D, E, and F instead. Or is it possible to get any Pokemon in any battle, in any area?

Brawly? No way.

Besides, the way things are going now this gym should be way easier than the first one. As long as they don't screw around with the PC, all torchic has to do is keep pecking.

I always die once to him. I roll all over Lenora, Whitney, Misty, even Cynthia, but I always have trouble with Wallace and die once to Brawly

That Makuhita is bulkier than it looks and hits harder than it looks
Unless you go cheap and get yourself a Sabeleye from the nearby cave

Let me explain my standard team by that time

Combusken (~level 20), Aron )~ level 15), Tentacool/Zubat orboth (~16-18), sometimes a Taillow (~19 or 20)

And that fucking Makuhita manages to take down my Taillow/Combusken and sweeps the rest

Dario ff

Banned
For example, if Pokemon A, B, and C are usually found on a certain route, we find D, E, and F instead.
That's exactly what happens, but you can set several rules depending on what the streamer might want. (No legendaries, similar power, similar type, minimum catch rate, etc.)

Gsnap

I always die once to him. I roll all over Lenora, Whitney, Misty, even Cynthia, but I always have trouble with Wallace and die once to Brawly

That Makuhita is bulkier than it looks and hits harder than it looks
Unless you go cheap and get yourself a Sabeleye from the nearby cave

I believe the Makuhita does have reversal, so you've got a point there, but any decent bird should be able to at least 2 shot it.

Combusken (~level 20), Aron )~ level 15), Tentacool/Zubat orboth (~16-18), sometimes a Taillow (~19 or 20)

And that fucking Makuhita manages to take down my Taillow/Combusken and sweeps the rest

That's some wicked bad luck you've got there. You're birds should be dominating. That must suck.

Crayolan

Aaaaaand it's over cause we couldn't choose Peck. Who clicked down? :(

Nice to see that our team is almost perfect too, aside from having one of the lower level poochyena instead of our lvl 10 poochy.

Did the streamer say anything about hacking in special battles?

Alot of people were suggesting a double battle with red and gold as the last battle

Did the streamer say anything about hacking in special battles?

Alot of people were suggesting a double battle with red and gold as the last battle

All I know is he said he had a lot of trouble finding any good hacked ROMS of Emerald to use, so he went vanilla I think. I don't think we'll see anything special this time around but surprises are always nice.

I just remembered how much of a pain in the ass Norman and his Slaking was.

It's funny, no gym leader in Hoenn is really ultra easy except Roxanne, and even then her Nosepass is the hardest 1st gym pokemon of all

Brawly- that stupidly bulky Makuhita
Wattson- all of his pokemon hit hard and Shck Wave can't miss
Flannery- Overheat+Attract
Norman- Multiple Slakings and Vigoroths
Winona- Altaria sweep and if you chose Blaziken or Septile, ... good luck
Tate&Liza- relatively difficult, easiest one for me
Wallace/Juan- Milotic and Double Team and Recover. What the hell

And then the most difficult champion for me, Wallace
Or the easiest, Steven

RedShift

If they haven't C&D'd any of the other games, why would they C&D the DS games?

Just a feeling. The line has to be somewhere, I mean if he somehow got X/Y running they wouldn't be happy with that. They probably wouldn't be happy with people playing B2/W2 over the Internet either. I just imagine they'd be less happy about the DS games because someone could feasibly go out and buy them to play on their 3DS, and they might choose to play them with Twitch instead.

I think this is a great idea, but where did you hear it? Is it official, from the streamer himself? Or is it just what people want?

I think it's official from the streamer, I heard it on Reddit I think.

This stream had me dig out my old Emerald cart, and upon loading the save I remembered doing this before not that long ago. My save is standing right infront of the 7th gym masters, the two twin little kids. I just could not beat them. The pokemon I'd leveled up to that point were all useless, I remember trying to catch new pokemon and that not helping. The choice was to grind up a whole heckuva lot of levels or quit, and I ended up quitting. I've never gotten past those two little kids.

I have a feeling Twitch is going to be better at this than I was.

RedShift

Rollout is such a blessing. 5 attack moves in a row is good for TPP.

Also, only two more levels until we can not evolve him into an Azumarill.

Top Bottom