• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Hate, redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

Loki, perhaps saying that I had lost "most of my respect" for you was an exaggeration. However, my disagreement with you was not due to your position on homosexuality, so much as it was due to your repeated failure to articulate said position. You're hardly stupid, and if anyone could make a decent argument of that ilk on this forum, it would be you. That you did not take the opportunity to me suggests a level of -- dare I say it -- cowardice on your part...

And a little advice: stop using smilies; it doesn't really work for you...

Loki

Count of Concision
Meier said:
I think Loki is an alright guy but there's no way in hell I could be bothered to read his defense post.

You're not supposed to, especially if you don't want to. It was specifically for FoneBone and Minotauro. You're an alright guy, too. ;) :)

Spike Spiegel said:
Hate's a strong word, but...

I hate every one of you bastards with an animated avatar. If your avatar's over 50k in size, then chances are that, on some level, I hate you for that. Even when I had DSL, I found it an inconvenience, a mild annoyance to be endured. But now that I'm relegated to the hell that is dialup for the forseeable future, it's become so very f*cking unbearable! In most cases, I can finish browsing a page's contents before your 10-second movie trailer ever finishes loading. I'd put you all on ignore, were it not for the fact that the boards would then appear so empty, because it seems more and more of you jerks are starting to use them.

SolidSnakex, you're the worst one of all. I don't think I've ever seen you use a non-animated avatar. You should try it sometime.

I like my Smash Bros avatar too much not to use :( :( /tear

Loki

Count of Concision
FoneBone said:
That you did not take the opportunity to me suggests a level of -- dare I say it -- cowardice on your part...

Perhaps. But as I mentioned, a lot of it had to do with sensitivity to others' feelings (as many people feel very strongly about this, seeing as how one's sexuality is a very core notion) as well as the fact that it would have just degenerated into endless debate, with people attempting (and perhaps succeeding, as I stated that my beliefs in this area are not as rationally-based as I'd like them to be [as compared to my other opinions] and hence are susceptible to criticism-- even by myself) to attack my points. It would have also been a Herculean undertaking to fully express my thoughts on the matter, as it is a very broad subject (sexuality and its role/function in society). I didn't, and don't, want to get embroiled in something like that. Hope you can understand. :)

Again, I hope you realize that I do not harbor any animosity towards gays, nor do I feel that they are less deserving of the rights/protections afforded all people, nor do I squirm or feel uneasy when I'm around them in any way (why should I?). That's not who I am, though I realize that this is the internet, and nothing I say can ever really "prove" anything here. You should take what I said, however, at face value. :)

And a little advice: stop using smilies; it doesn't really work for you...

How's that? I'm not trying to make them "work," as that implies that I am presenting an image/message which is not genuine. The smileys I use are my exact emotions/expressions when I am writing my posts, and I feel it necessary, given the nature of the medium, to convey them lest certain things be construed in the wrong way. Sorry if you feel that it doesn't "work" for me, but every time that I smile or laugh when I'm typing out a sentence, I'm going to use an emoticon for it.

But hey, you're free to "detest" me for that as well-- it works for Minotauro, I'm sure. :D

android

Theoretical Magician
Let's see
I hate that worthless piece of shit Olimario. I don't need to explain why.
Demi's posts are really starting to annoy me. It's like #ga on the forum.
Hito's avatar pisses me off because I can't remember where I've seen it before.( probably on Gaming-age as Hitokage's avatar)
I hate anyone who defends one console over any of the others.
I hate anyone who obsesses over the latest sales charts every month.
I think all Tom Cruise threads should be locked immediately. We get it. He's a nut.

Jinx has this holier than thou attitude that i have always disliked. The man trys so hard to be mature that he can take the fun out threads sometimes.

For example here is his post in what was the HILARIOUS serfitia thread:

Jinx said:
Well, I've been thinking about this, and finally have enough thoughts together to say something.

First of all, I think this situation is far more sad than funny. I don't know much about Serafitia, but I think whoever said that there was a note of self-loathing in her final post was right on the money. It's one thing to want to remain anonymous, but think about what kind of self-value you must have to craft an entirely different persona for yourself to be more accepted...or to steal someone else's face because you think it's better than your own. Yes, what Sera has done is worthy of rebuke -- I'm not a fan of dishonesty, especially when it's dragged someone else into this mess -- but consider where those kind of choices must have come from before you are so quick to judge.

Second, while I'm on the subject of "quick to judge," I think that there are a lot of people on this board who ought to be considered accomplices to this situation. Do you want to know why there aren't more female posters here? Take a look around at your own behavior: all the little boys wanting to see ass and titties, all the judgmental fucks complaining that legitimately model-quality women don't meet their "high standards," all the misogynistic attitudes towards dating and marriage and children. I can certainly understand why Serafitia -- if she is a female -- would be tempted to be someone other than herself in this environment.

Finally, I feel terrible for Camilla. She is guilty of nothing more than having a pretty face...and all of a sudden she's involved in some bizarre situation. I can understand her decision not to post here, but it's too bad that she couldn't feel welcomed to this place.

More and more, I think it might be time for me to leave this place for good.

and here was my response:

Kabuki Waq said:
Oh Get off your high horse man

This situation is more funny than sad. Dont go blaming people on the forum because a fucked up girl(?) does fucked up things. If a person cares this much about what random Internet posters think of them.... well then they are fucked up to begin with. It really is that simple.

Sera could just sign up under a new name and no one would give a shit tommrow. This Board is 90% male so that means obviously there will be threads where people post pictures of girls and comment rudely about them. Whats worse is that unlike your 35 year old ass many of the people on this board are Teenagers or in their early 20s so they obviously are acting their age. If this board was filled by Teenage girls or young women there would have been tons of threads about how hunky Brad Pitt is and how the NOtebook was the greatest movie or whatever....

This Board is Really fucking enteraining and its fun to read it during work and at home to get away from the daily grind.

"More and more, I think it might be time for me to leave this place for good"

oh please if you wanted to leave you would have just left there was no reason for that above line other than to draw attention to yourself. You are no better than BLackstallion.
Really atleast reading a post by Black stallion put a smile on my face which more than i can say for any your posts.

You obviously think you are too "mature" and Wise for this board so i agree maybe its time you leave. But we all know you wont cause where else can you show everyone how wise and mature you are? If you really wanted to leave couldnt you have just left instead

I wouldnt worry about Cammille or whatever she posts webcam pictures on the net obviously she loves attention . Im sure she has heard worse.

i still stand by these comments.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I honestly don't hate anyone here. It's too strong an emotion to attach to anyone on GAF - even the full-on racists that squirm up from the rocks every now and again. Investing that kind of effort doesn't make much sense to me when there are more important things going on in my life off-line.

Irritating posters? Tons of them - but I'd venture that more than a few would say the same about me. That's cool.

I spent 5 and a half years working in the most vicious psychiatric asylum in Western Canada. Honestly - and I'm not being at all facetious when I write this - that has contributed more to my ability to just roll my eyes at this forum's tendency to freak out over inane bullshit. When you've had some old guy screaming at you from behind a padded door about how he'll suck your dick for a glass of water, then spend the next 4 hours screaming "GIVE ME MY WATER NIGGER" at the top of his lungs when you refuse...why would I get worked up over the latest NPD figures or whether or not you accept my favourite band as your favourite band too? :D

All I ask from you bozos is this:

- refrain from the faggot blasts
- don't troll my wrestling threads
- if you're going to be an asshole, at least be an entertaining asshole
- try to occasionally remember that there's another person on the end of your vitriol

Carry on.

PS. I miss Darkshire :p
PPS. Buy more Relic/THQ products please

Bish,

Wrestling does suck though, i think you and i need to take a trip to the 80s when wrestlemania ruled and you were that little kid with a cute BMX bike from 1979

bishoptl said:
I honestly don't hate anyone here. It's too strong an emotion to attach to anyone on GAF - even the full-on racists that squirm up from the rocks every now and again. Investing that kind of effort doesn't make much sense to me when there are more important things going on in my life off-line.

Irritating posters? Tons of them - but I'd venture that more than a few would say the same about me. That's cool.

I spent 5 and a half years working in the most vicious psychiatric asylum in Western Canada. Honestly - and I'm not being at all facetious when I write this - that has contributed more to my ability to just roll my eyes at this forum's tendency to freak out over inane bullshit. When you've had some old guy screaming at you from behind a padded door about how he'll suck your dick for a glass of water, then spend the next 4 hours screaming "GIVE ME MY WATER NIGGER" at the top of his lungs when you refuse...why would I get worked up over the latest NPD figures or whether or not you accept my favourite band as your favourite band too? :D

All I ask from you bozos is this:

- refrain from the faggot blasts
- don't troll my wrestling threads
- if you're going to be an asshole, at least be an entertaining asshole
- try to occasionally remember that there's another person on the end of your vitriol

Carry on.

Felix potivin > you

Jacobi

Banned
I hate it when a attention whore gets attention

I also hate that there are hardly any new concepts announced for the next-gen

belgurdo

Banned
android said:
Hito's avatar pisses me off because I can't remember where I've seen it before.( probably on Gaming-age as Hitokage's avatar)

It's a picture of Jigen from the Lupin III series.

Consequently, Hito is one of my favorite posters

n3mo_toad

bishoptl said:

Ironic that you happened to post this, because I hate the fact that some people seem to get away with ridiculous shit in some of these forums, while other people get banned for doing far far less (I've had more than a few protracted bitch-fest IM convo's with peoples who suddenly found they were banned after one silly comment or another. I had to laugh at the 'inane bullshit' comment because I even seem to recall you once banning someone for bemoaning the forum's tendancy to fly off the handle during E3-- "acting like a buch of retards" was the gist, I think. :lol ) Whereas jackasses like Peedi managed to stay loud and proud for, fuck, how long? Entertainment value or no, it didn't make much sense.

While I'm still relatively new here, I would hope that I, too, someday, can garner as much venom as some of the people in this thread :lol

mattx5

Mike_Works, when you were a mod, you were a fucking prick, simple as that. Now that you're just a regular old posting peon, you're getting better.

Fuck the moderation. Everything about it is so fucking inconsistent. We have people being banned because they upset a mod on another forum, people being banned because a mod is a fucking prude and can't take shit, people being banned over FUCKING CATCHPHRASES, etc.

I don't know who's doing what, as each mod has his/her own opinion/set of rules/agenda and the mods can never agree on shit. So, I think I'll just hate the entire administration and moderation team. GAF is becoming fucking fragmented. You say you'll make changes and then nothing happens. You say you promote free speech and then ban people because you fucking feel like it. The moderation on the site makes no sense whatsoever sometimes, banning people for one thing then letting someone else get away with something twice as bad.

Fuck everyone.... except Ricciardi. That man's got his shit together.

EDIT:

Oh, and fuck ALL musical elitists. Stop trying to put down other people because they like certain artists. Enjoyment of music is different for everyone, that's what's so great about it.

Example:

I HATE Tool. I think they're loud, obnoxious and that their lyrics are pseudo religious/political bullshit. I think that the people who whine that I can't UNDERSTAND them because of my tiny brain are sheep. But you know what, if you like them, that's great. Maybe there is a deeper facet to them that I'm missing. I don't like them, but if you do, that's fine. I'm not going to call you a fucktard for liking a band that I don't. Everyone's allowed to listen to whatever the hell they like.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
My moment of hatred is brief...

If you moderators would give two shits you could decrease the absolute shittiness of the Gaming Forum by 50%. Basically, you could ban the TOO SERIOUS trolls who infest every single thread and not let them back in every other month. It's one thing when someone makes a joke or a good photoshop, but when you have months and months of people like GreenGiant/Odnetnin or woebewhateverthefuck (big hairy asshole guy) slagging on every forum member it kills any desire to discuss games. There are a bunch of deranged fans of EVERY system on that board and you could just stomp them out but you won't, because otherwise decent mods like DC or Sp0rsk are too involved themselves. It's old and it brings everyone down to the lowest common denominator. And I'm certainly guilty of finding it funny myself, but I can't fix it.

Somehow OT discusses things that get people upset all the time without sinking to the same demented retardedness. It's regulated better.

i love everybody.

with that said, i find all the "elitists" annoying. you know, the guys who Just cannot believe that you didn't know that This guy produced this or what have you.

"Omg YOU NEVER PLAYED FFII!"

shit like that....etc

seriously, get a fucking life.

<edit> I also dislike (gotta agree with bish on that hate is just too strong of a word for people here on gaf) certain people's obsession with certain celebraties.....Cmon....its not THAT big of a deal.

with that said, I am sure alot of people hate me for using "peace" at the end of some of my posts....and well you know what?

fuck it.

Peace

Musashi Wins! said:
My moment of hatred is brief...

If you moderators would give two shits you could decrease the absolute shittiness of the Gaming Forum by 50%. Basically, you could ban the TOO SERIOUS trolls who infest every single thread and not let them back in every other month. It's one thing when someone makes a joke or a good photoshop, but when you have months and months of people like GreenGiant/Odnetnin or woebewhateverthefuck (big hairy asshole guy) slagging on every forum member it kills any desire to discuss games. There are a bunch of deranged fans of EVERY system on that board and you could just stomp them out but you won't, because otherwise decent mods like DC or Sp0rsk are too involved themselves. It's old and it brings everyone down to the lowest common denominator. And I'm certainly guilty of finding it funny myself, but I can't fix it.

Somehow OT discusses things that get people upset all the time without sinking to the same demented retardedness. It's regulated better.

it would be great if a couple of the mods (maf and Drink) werent such trolls themeselves.
Sure they are great trolls but trolls none the less. Also what up with maf being allowed to make multiple threads abotu one game within a matter or hours?

I was about to put MAF on ignore but he seemingly disappeared or I just dont recognize his posts anymore. I have no problem with him but he seriously became old and annoying quite quickly trying to get the forum to love him.

Tarazet

BTW, the title of this thread is both incorrect and misleading. Ways to correct it, which would have varying degrees of improvement, might include:

Two Minutes of Hatred
Express your Hate for Two Minutes
Vent Freely, But Don't Post Images or Links or Attack Sexuality or Religion

but not:

Two Minutes of Hate
Hate for Two Minutes

border

sonarrat said:
BTW, the title of this thread is both incorrect and misleading. Ways to correct it, which would have varying degrees of improvement, might include:

Two Minutes of Hatred
Express your Hate for Two Minutes
Vent Freely, But Don't Post Images or Links or Attack Sexuality or Religion
The phrase is a reference to Orwell....

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Maybe actually know what you're talking about when you try to correct me. And I didn't say anything about not attacking religion.

ohamsie

I don't like the firefox elitists. Anytime there is a thread about browsers, or pop-ups, or viruses, you can't wait to bring out your links to firefox.com, even if it was not asked for. If someone is asking how to remove a virus from their computer, telling them to switch browsers is not going to be of any help in removing the virus. Did you ever consider that some people don't want to be converted, and find it annoying? It is uncalled for. Firefox isn't as infallible as you think it is either, sometimes it deletes your profile/favorites list, and it doesn't always view webpages correctly. Other browsers aren't as bad as you think either. I have never had a virus, and the only spyware I've had came from someone else installing a program that came bundled with it. Pop-ups are very rare, and limited to a few websites. And lastly, get off your high horse, it is only a browser.

Also, people singing the praises of Macs can be annoying for the same reason, but I will never care until they get a mouse that has more than one button and a scroll wheel as standard.

Tarazet

EviLore said:
Maybe actually know what you're talking about when you try to correct me. And I didn't say anything about not attacking religion.

You didn't add Cyan to the 'casualties of war' either. :p

Edit: thankyou. You know I love ya.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
bishoptl said:

night-vision-rifle-scope-zeiss-ncs-03-pro-ir.jpg

bishoptl said:

Tyranids please.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I Absolutely fucking HATE when people sign their names at the end of every one of their posts *coughDCXcough*.

YOU DON'T NEED TO SIGN YOUR NAME AT THE END OF YOUR POSTS, MORONS!

Tarazet

GaimeGuy said:
I Absolutely fucking HATE when people sign their names at the end of every one of their posts *coughDCXcough*.

YOU DON'T NEED TO SIGN YOUR NAME AT THE END OF YOUR POSTS, MORONS!

word

DICKSPEACE

MIMIC

Banned
ohamsie said:
I don't like the firefox elitists. Anytime there is a thread about browsers, or pop-ups, or viruses, you can't wait to bring out your links to firefox.com, even if it was not asked for. If someone is asking how to remove a virus from their computer, telling them to switch browsers is not going to be of any help in removing the virus. Did you ever consider that some people don't want to be converted, and find it annoying? It is uncalled for. Firefox isn't as infallible as you think it is either, sometimes it deletes your profile/favorites list, and it doesn't always view webpages correctly. Other browsers aren't as bad as you think either. I have never had a virus, and the only spyware I've had came from someone else installing a program that came bundled with it. Pop-ups are very rare, and limited to a few websites. And lastly, get off your high horse, it is only a browser.

Also, people singing the praises of Macs can be annoying for the same reason, but I will never care until they get a mouse that has more than one button and a scroll wheel as standard.

And Bingo was his name-o.

I fucking tire of the whole Firefox spiel. People just don't get the fact that if firefox was as popular as IE, it'd be just as popular to the hackers/exploiters, which would render firefox's alleged "superiority" as nothing more than a simple alternate. And now that it's catching on, you're always hearing of how firefox needs this patch or that patch to stop this or that.

It kills me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom