• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Worlds II |OT| QA Tested, Jerry Approved

Instro

Ceebs said:
An 8800 should be fine. I am getting great framerates with just a 4870. I would imagine an 8800 could hit 30FPS with ease @ 720P

Hm interesting, all low settings I imagine? Thanks for the heads up.

keuja

For all the Gaffers wondering if they can run the game on their PC:
PC benchmark

As screenshots and data above suggest, the GRACE engine is fully optimized for multi-core operation and is well capable of using up any GPU power you throw at it. In addition, the scalability of graphics detail is very visible, while not relying very heavily on distance rendering cut-off for optimization. This is visible in the distance-setting screenshots above - despite three different distance settings, the overall picture quality seems almost unchanged, denoting engine optimized for highest framerate at overall good graphics no matter what distance settings.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice. I'm always down for a solid WRPG, here's hoping the console ports are not a total mess. I'll definitely get PS3 or 360 version as long as they're decent.

Wallach

This engine seems totally bad ass. Who made it? Never even heard of it before, but I find it hard to argue with these results.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
It doesn't appear things scale with you at all. When I first started exploring the Savannah, Cheetahs would tear me a new asshole. Now that I have upgraded my bow a lot, my arrows, and have gotten more skill in things, I one-shot them from 50' away muahahahaha. Warthogs take two shots. Ostriches go down in one. So do poo-flinging baboons.

Still, it's awesome because I'll wander into a random cave and a Giant Scorpion (omfg these things are hideous and not like a normal scorpion at all) will rape me, repeatedly, then rape my corpse.

Oblivion-style monster leveling this ain't!

I simply can't get enough of sneaking up on Varns and assassinating them. Especially the ones who look like they're standing behind trees or boulders taking a piss.

keuja

Snuggler said:
Nice. I'm always down for a solid WRPG, here's hoping the console ports are not a total mess. I'll definitely get PS3 or 360 version as long as they're decent.

The xbox version looks very decent. And apparently it wasn't even the final build.
1H of xbox gameplay

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This game is so beautiful and it runs so damn well. I was getting no less than 30 frames with everything maxed while i was capturing, encoding and broadcasting the live stream on my machine :lol

It also feels like I'm playing a Gothic when I play this. Good thing.

Dennis

Banned
Diseased Yak said:
It doesn't appear things scale with you at all. When I first started exploring the Savannah, Cheetahs would tear me a new asshole. Now that I have upgraded my bow a lot, my arrows, and have gotten more skill in things, I one-shot them from 50' away muahahahaha. Warthogs take two shots. Ostriches go down in one. So do poo-flinging baboons.

Still, it's awesome because I'll wander into a random cave and a Giant Scorpion (omfg these things are hideous and not like a normal scorpion at all) will rape me, repeatedly, then rape my corpse.

Oblivion-style monster leveling this ain't!

I simply can't get enough of sneaking up on Varns and assassinating them. Especially the ones who look like they're standing behind trees or boulders taking a piss.
Yes, there doesn't seem to be any level-scaling at all.

Also, the bow is godly when you upgrade your favorite bow and quiver with Crafting, plus put some skill points in Achery skills.

Dennis

Banned
Let me ask again for those in the Savannah

Have anybody recovered the Runestone from the cave with the Necris? They slaughter me in one blow

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
It's a shame this isn't coming out in the UK until next year as it looks great and I'd love a good single player Fantasy RPG right now. The reception it's getting is also pretty amazing when you consider how awful the first game was.

chris-013

Wow the magic system with the card is very deep !

I create a spell to convert damage on mana... I have 1100 mana so now it's like 1100 hp. ^^
I have another to return 100% damage of every attack on monster, very powerful spell.

I think I begin to understand the multi-class you buff your character as a mage then you switch to a warrior. Battlemage incoming. :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm going for a rogue/archer build myself. Bow seems pretty powerful in the Savannah and I'm playing on hard, even.

So using that German-Proxy, I'm accessing the UK site and using my USA Gamersgate login and CC to buy the game.

It should be added to my games and I'll be able to download it correct? I'm at the checkout screen with £29.95.

I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger on this game. This is PERFECT for my new 6870 until GT5 and WoW come out ... I was really hoping to have an awesome RPG.

So I should be good right?

Can I remote into my home PC (at work right now) and start the DL on a USA based IP?

syllogism

DennisK4 said:

Have anybody recovered the Runestone from the cave with the Necris? They slaughter me in one blow
Yes, the cave also has giant scorpions which are a lot worse, though you don't actually have to kill anything to get the stone

This is available in NZ now, I downloaded it from GamersGate, and as I said in the previous thread, it's a really stunning game and the performance is excellent. Although the characters and story are a little plain so far, it has a great feel to it. You just want to play more!

Here's the first 15 mins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9MzV-p_Yg

And a few shots

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
flyinpiranha said:
So using that German-Proxy, I'm accessing the UK site and using my USA Gamersgate login and CC to buy the game.

It should be added to my games and I'll be able to download it correct? I'm at the checkout screen with £29.95.

I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger on this game. This is PERFECT for my new 6870 until GT5 and WoW come out ... I was really hoping to have an awesome RPG.

Can I remote into my home PC (at work right now) and start the DL on a USA based IP?

GG sends you an email with the link in it so you should be fine.

edit: This isn't really a spoiler since it happens like right from the start of the game, but who else lol'ed when you escape and they tell the emperor? That had to be the most powerful and angry "WHAT!" I have ever heard.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
DennisK4 said:

Sorry, I haven't been to that yet :( I just found the Mage Guild with it's job board and have been working on all the side quests. Not to mention looting bare any house I come across. :D

I don't think this has been mentioned, but one cool thing is that you gain extra skill points from time to time for performing actions, like crafting weapons/armor or lockpicking, etc. I thought that was pretty nice.

One thing I can't figure out, and I'm sure it's in the manual but I haven't looked, on necklaces/rings, what is the yellow "star" rating for? I haven't really seen a use for rings or necklaces yet, other than I found a stone that I could only socket into a ring which gave the effect of "lighten your load by 10".

wwm0nkey

flyinpiranha said:

Yeah you will be fine.

Dennis

Banned
chris-013 said:
Wow the magic system with the card is very deep !

I create a spell to convert damage on mana...
How do you do that? I am asking because I don't think I can do that yet.

Do you have to acquire skills before you can do stuff like that?

I can mostly do simple stuff like add a homing modifier.

So far magic seems a lot weaker than Bows and Melee for me.

syllogism

Star = item level

Crafting increases it, but other than being able to more easily tell what item is good/more expensive, it doesn't do anything. Probably.

After playing a little more of this last night, thought I would post a few more impressions.

I'm still very early on in the game (just arrived at the first real town/open world bit), but here are my thoughts so far..

Pros
- Fantastic graphics (duh) but what really amazes me is how well this game runs. I have a reasonably modest gaming pc with a single gtx 260 and i'm getting 100+ FPS indoors, and outdoors it has never dipped below 60. I don't know what sort of witchcraft was used to optimize this game but it is incredible.
- controller support is fantastic
- magic/spell system is deep yet reasonably simple to grasp
- combat feels good, especially with the controller.
- my god, the foliage
- the baboons throw poop at you

Cons
- voice acting is a bit all over the place, some is good/ok and some is terrible. Though it should be noted that I am coming straight from Fable III and New Vegas which had fantastic VO in my opinion, so it is probably still better than most RPGS out there.
- UI is not fantastic on PC, inventory in particular is way too big on the screen in my opinion. I think I read somewhere that they are releasing modding tools so I'm sure this can be fixed easily.

Overall I'm having heaps of fun and the game continues to surprise me with its polish. Going to finish up Fallout New Vegas tonight and then really get stuck into it.

Interfectum

a few questions:

- Does the game have a morality system?

- Is there a decent 3rd person view?

- Can you get bad ass looking armor in the game?

- Are there a lot of non-combat options? (talking your way out of things, sneaking around, etc)

wwm0nkey

Interfectum said:
a few questions:

- Are there a lot of non-combat options? (talking your way out of things, sneaking around, etc)
-No (personally I like that a lot more)
-Its the only view you can have and its great
-Yes
-You can sneak.

Interfectum said:
a few questions:

- You have a lot of choices and decisions to make, but there is no gauge.

- It's only 3rd person and the camera is fantastic.

- Sure.

- Yes.

Interfectum

Sorry about the dumb 3rd person question... I thought this was a first person game for some reason.

As for the morality... so basically there are decisions to be made that effect the story but there is no morality bar or anything?

chris-013

DennisK4 said:
How do you do that? I am asking because I don't think I can do that yet.

Do you have to acquire skills before you can do stuff like that?

I can mostly do simple stuff like add a homing modifier.

So far magic seems a lot weaker than Bows and Melee for me.

Ye I sold a lot of stuff to make money so I bought a lot of card at the mage guild.
I saved the game and bought different card to test the best combo.

Lol I think I broke the game mana shield buff + eye for eye buff = I leave my character idle and the monster kill himself ! xD

Dennis

Banned
Diseased Yak said:
Sorry, I haven't been to that yet :( I just found the Mage Guild with it's job board and have been working on all the side quests.

chris-013 said:
Ye I sold a lot of stuff to make money so I bought a lot of card at the mage guild.
:O

there is a Mage Guild?

Jesus, must make sure not to miss that.....

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, no one is having Vsync issues with this game?

It's driving me absolutely crazy. If I have no Vsync options on whatsoever, it tears all over the screen. If I enable both triple buffering and vsync in D3DOverride, I get a single tear in the lower middle of my screen constantly. So it's doing -something-, but it's not correcting my screen tear.

That rope necklace or torc or whatever it is around his neck looks tight, every time I see it I think the main character has got to be having trouble breathing.

_tetsuo_ said:
GG sends you an email with the link in it so you should be fine.

edit: This isn't really a spoiler since it happens like right from the start of the game, but who else lol'ed when you escape and they tell the emperor? That had to be the most powerful and angry "WHAT!" I have ever heard.

Sweet, I used the German Proxy, went to the UK site, used my US Credit Card, remoted in from work and started the download from the US GG site.

I know it's all fairly simple but I felt like I was doing Mission Impossible shit to get this game :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
FlyinJ said:
So, no one is having Vsync issues with this game?

It's driving me absolutely crazy. If I have no Vsync options on whatsoever, it tears all over the screen. If I enable both triple buffering and vsync in D3DOverride, I get a single tear in the lower middle of my screen constantly. So it's doing -something-, but it's not correcting my screen tear.

The game must be opengl then. Makes sense since it has Mac support.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Check out the detail on the stitching one the gloves and such of the new outfit I found. The graphic detail coupled with how fast it runs is just mind-blowing:

25tf0p4.jpg

Fuck it, I'm ordering. Do you get the first version with no language specification from GamersGate or do you have to get the German one with the German proxy?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
EviLore said:
The game must be opengl then. Makes sense since it has Mac support.

How do you enable vsync in an OpenGL game on an ATI board? I only see the option for GL Triple Buffering in the Catalyst Control Panel (which I have enabled, but screen tearing is still happening).

Ceebs

I just got to the Savannah and had to go in and adjust the gamma settings. The bloom was going to give me a headache.

Top Bottom