• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Reportedly Spent $650 to $850 Million on Skull and Bones

Robb

Gold Member
WHeIZVJ.jpg

Saber

I think the last rumor has a valor near to that.
And honestly isn't much surprising, seeing how much people worked on this garbage. What I find surprising though is how people still tried to like this piece of poop when Black Flag is miles better despite being a very old game. Copium is a hell of drug.
Anyway, Ubicrap going down is something that would happen eventually thanks to its very inferior quality products and inserted agenda.

Triple A: We can't risk making multiple smaller projects. It's too risky.
Also triple A: Let's put all our money into one giant project.
Exactly. Let's not spend 20 million on a new Rayman, not enough money in that. Let's instead spend 800 million on something that could sink the company if it fails.

Every single person at the top making these decisions should be fired.

A little higher than I would have guessed (if true), but yeah, projects that tend to run past their initial dev period and end up in dev hell tend to have inflated costs

Last edited:

Stu_Hart

Bottom line is that ubisoft singapore needs to be shut down. They are incompetent. The working environment is horrible, and the execs over there are more interested in using the company $$$ for vacations and partying than making a good game. It has been documented. If the same people are working on the rumoured AC4 black flag remake, it gives me less hope that it will be good.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

We are certainly nearing the time when a youtuber pulls the big 1 billion number out of his ass for a game, backed by some "anonymous source".

Last edited:
This is almost reaching the realm of AAAAA budget. How could Ubisoft fumble so hard when they already had the blueprint with AC Black Flag. The sheer incompetence.

Tsaki

If I remember correctly they got a big subsidy by the local government (Philippines was it?). That was the reason they didn't abandon it way earlier

diffusionx

Gold Member
Now, let's see if the folks who believed "Concord costs $400M" will also believe this :D
Eleven years of development, major resources went into it, backed by management, in the hopes of making a live service gaashit that would make billions of dollars over the years. I could see it. The amount of cut content must be insane.

For some reason people on here think these companies are run by rational, studious, and measured accountants or something lol and every game costs $50 million. Get real.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
This game was announced at E3 wasn't it? Always a red flag imo....

E3 was bad in that it created hype pressure on publishers to show something new even if was probably just thrown together.

For example I believe Metroid 4 was announced at the same E3(2017) as this game...

Top Bottom