• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 146 |OT| Frunk Mur Gets Legit Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
mur56ch1.jpg

UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs Mir
Challenging for the UFC Heavy Weight Title.

OFFICIAL TRAILER!

MAIN CARD
Starts at 7:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM ET on Pay-Per-View

Dos Santos vs Mir
Velasquez vs Silva
Nelson vs Herman
Miocic vs Del Rosario
Struve vs Johnson

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on FX

Brandao vs Elkins
Barboza vs Varner
Miller vs Dollaway
Hardy vs Ludwig

FACEBOOK PRELIMS
Starts at 3:30 PM PT / 6:30 PM ET, free on Free on Facebook
Volkmann vs Sass
Kingsbury vs Teixeira
Brown vs Pineda

Official UFC Site

MONTAGE!
agxoctacmaab-5o_largeetu6p.jpg
mirpop._b4wbonnd0d1r.gif
fabricio-werdum-junioosuq0.gif
23siqt31uwu75.gif
frankmirhhuyz.gif
1_22_02_09_1_05_3578udf.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Which can's will be opened?
canscxu0tl3fvj.jpg

isecqcdj9z4t35se7p.jpg

So far my dog has picked JDS and Cain but been uninterested in the other cans. Will keep trying to get him to choose.

tass0

Banned
Battle of the cans

Mir by sub
Bigfoot by TKO
Rosario by TKO
Johnson by TKO
Nelson by TKO

Livin' on de edge

Heel

Del Rosario vs. Miocic. Winner is the next generation of unstoppable. Losesr is a can and will never amount to shit.

That said, I'm not sure who will win.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Mur by 2nd round submission, breaking JDS' arm in an armbar.

I only say this because poly is attending it and every time he does, he fucks everything up.

TheNatural

My Member!
I just noticed Dan Hardy is on the early prelims. CAN THIS MAN EVER BE FIRED?

Also, looked at his Wikipedia page and someone has changed all his losses to wins, wtf lol.

Heel

Let's say Dan Hardy gets beat in a bloody war. Does the UFC fire him? I kinda want to see how far this "be exciting and you won't be cut" thing can go. It would set a good example for guys on the roster trying to win by any means necessary if they end up keeping Hardy around.

TheNatural

My Member!
Let's say Dan Hardy gets beat in a bloody war. Does the UFC fire him? I kinda want to see how far this "be exciting and you won't be cut" thing can go. It would set a good example for guys on the roster trying to win by any means necessary if they end up keeping Hardy around.

Set a good example of what? I say losing 5 straight fights is pretty good leeway to scrap.

Heel

Set a good example of what? I say losing 5 straight fights is pretty good leeway to scrap.

An example that you can lose more than 3 in a row if you aren't boring. I think a lot fighters play it safe in the UFC to avoid the dreaded 3 in a row at all costs, especially if they're at 2 losses. It's a system of fear, brah. The bonuses aren't enough.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
An example that you can lose more than 3 in a row if you aren't boring. I think a lot fighters play it safe in the UFC to avoid the dreaded 3 in a row at all costs, especially if they're at 2 losses. It's a system of fear, brah. The bonuses aren't enough.
I don't think Hardy and Sexyama for that matter can be used as examples due to their special statuses of being draws in international markets the UFC is actively seeking growth in.

They're not Generic White Fighter X that's buried on the prelims and half of us haven't even heard of.

TheNatural

My Member!

Well you can lose many if you're not boring as long as you don't get KTFO.

I think that's the main thing. If you're exciting, you'll get a pass, as long as your chin doesn't turn into Campbell's Cream of Chuck.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Mur by 2nd round submission, breaking JDS' arm in an armbar.

I only say this because poly is attending it and every time he does, he fucks everything up.

Something deep in my brain says that shit will go down in the 4th minute of the first round. Whether that's JDS's arm requiring metal plates or Mir getting Goodridged I dunno, but I do not see this leaving the first round at all.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
JDS should have no problems punching holes through Mur, but if Poly is attending then... I dunno Mur by flying gogoplata or something.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i went with miller over that shithead dollaway, but i'm not at all convinced he can take it. mayhem is garbage.

Picks

Cigano via legit kill - KO of the century
Bigfoot via Cans weak chin
Nelson via KO
Johnson vs KO - Fight of the night
Miller via sub - Submission of the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom