• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 146 |OT| Frunk Mur Gets Legit Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux

Banned
Brock didn't want to prove his hands. Overeem took Brock's shot away be keeping his hands low and stance extremely wide. Brock is a power double guy and uses his strength really well.

But he doesn't adapt very well.

I think Lesnar went back to the WWE to recover, maybe juice up a little bit then come back to the UFC.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Actually I was always a bit confused by the Lesnar strategy, so I assume/hope it was just driven by Lesnar himself. After the Carwin fight, they had to be relieved but worried. Then after Cain killed him you'd think they'd handpick several opponents for him in squash matches before feeding him to roid. It's not like there's a lack of inferior wrestlers with no striking in HW strewn across UFC & Bellator. Don't see what the downside would have been there. In fairness to Brock (and perhaps according to his own wishes) he really did not have even a tenth of the prep and coddling that most up-and-coming "superstars" get.

Years ago I used to think the whole Brock thing was pretty silly and unnecessary, and that MMA didn't need it. But in light of lots of recent events and facts, it's pretty obvious he'd be a huge and much-needed boon if used properly.

:lol.

Reporter: What would happen if something like that happened on...the wrong show? (referring to Bigfoot's mess of a cut)

Dana: *laughs* We would've went right to black. That would be one you would not want to have on Fox primetime.

I'd love to see reactions to a fight like that on a Fox show.
just show it in black & white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom