• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 146 |OT| Frunk Mur Gets Legit Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
JDS
Cain
Nelson
Miocic
Johnson
Brandao
Barboza
Miller
Hardy
Volkman
Teixeira
Brown

lots of KOs

MjFrancis

More stupid picks:

JDS by KO. Just straight KO.
Cain by TKO.
Herman by split decision.
del Rosario or Miočić, no idea.
Stefan Struve by TKO.

Also, those gifs made my morning. Some funny stuff in there.

Dos Santos vs Mir - Not convinced that Mir can defend the uppercut, if I were I'd give him a chance.

Velasquez vs Silva - Big height advantage and striking advantage...Velasquez could smother him but I think he stays standing too long and gets rocked + GnPed.

Nelson vs. Herman - Ridiculous height and speed advantage. Herman is pretty flaky but he'll pull it off.

Miocic vs Del Rosario - Tough to pick so I'll just go with the guy who hasn't had a lengthy layoff.

Struve vs Johnson - Struve's fight IQ is among the worst in the UFC - he won't look for the takedown and he'll plant his back against the cage until he gets KO'd spectacularly by uppercut/overhand combos.

Brandao vs Elkins - Don't know that much about Brandao but Elkins always seemed pretty ineffective.

Barboza vs Varner - Depends on which Varner shows up but Barboza seems like a safer pick.

Miller vs Dollaway - Unless Mayhem was being overly hyperbolic in his interview with Helwani, I think he takes this. Seems very motivated and Dollaway is a flake.

Hardy vs Ludwig - Finally an appropriate matchup for Hardy. So sick of hearing about his losing streak as if it's somehow shameful to lose to GSP, Condit, and Rumble - two of them by decision. He might win this one by sub.

Volkmann vs Sass - Volkmann's fight IQ is tremendous; he'll stay out of the subs and win by decision with his GnP.

Kingsbury vs Teixeira - Not too familiar with Texeira and not often impressed by Kingsbury so I'll just go against him here.

Brown vs Pineda - Brown is one of my favorite fighters but I think Pineda outworks him in this one. Still stunned that he couldn't finish Nam Phan.

Dysun

Fuck Overeem for killing this card. I was so excited before he showed up mid-cycle for the press conference

Heel

Velasquez vs Silva - Big height advantage and striking advantage...Velasquez could smother him but I think he stays standing too long and gets rocked + GnPed.

iquTp6kNrEwZW.gif

Agree with most everything else, especially Struve. It's like he thinks he's Schilt reborn or something.

Watch Bigfoot vs. Fedor, then watch these:

awesome_Kongo_drops_Cain_Velasquez_x2_UFC_99.gif

1.gif

Bigfoot's not a big power puncher (somehow unable to knock out Arlovski) but I think he might be surprisingly effective in this one, especially on the ground.

Heel

Well, one of us finna eat some crow on Saturday. We can revisit then.

Cain by domination. He's the superior striker and grappler.

I don't get how counter-punch KOing Nogueira is more impressive than what Silva has done against Fedor, Kyle (yeah I know, the knockdown), and Werdum. Cain was easily outstruck on the feet by Kongo, Rothwell, and obviously JDS.

Dos Santos vs Mir
Velasquez vs Silva
Nelson vs Herman
Struve vs Johnson

Miocic vs Del Rosario - I'll go with Miocic but hoping SDR can make a comeback after his vicious loss to FF top 5er Car last year.

Hmm, I forgot I probably won't be watching cuz I have a dinner and poker game to go to. But I think I'm getting sick so we'll see.

Bigfoot's upper body musculature seems to be all in his back.

God I feel like drm commenting on these guys' bodies. I will stop.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Mir will get legit killed tomorrow night and the sport will be federally declared illegal as a result.

dream

Shane Del Rosario, Lamar Johnson, Stefan Struve, and Dave Herman. On pay per view. For sixty US dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom