• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 159 |OT| The Great White Hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty

I'm really tired of MMA fighters admitting after the fight that all their bullshit feuding was just for show. I mean, I know it's probably true, but it just seems lame to admit it after. Why even mention it?

Yeah, I was at the GSP/Diaz card and despite being in Montreal where everyone loves GSP, we were all notably dissappointed when he tried to raise Diaz's hand and talked about how fake it was. Making the fans look like a bunch of marks isn't good business.

Zeliard

Rather amused at Bisping telling Joe "I hit him with some big punches, and I've been working on it, I can tell you that," after what Joe was saying about him :p

Not even close.

Roy Nelson put on a very exciting finish, and the LW fight was amazing.

lol

Boxers do the same shit. Ever watch a Mayweather fight?

Never. Who is Mayweather?

I just mean, for guys like Diaz and Bisping, being a "heel" is obviously part of their popularity, so why try and play the nice guy afterwards? It comes across like a cheap way to try and get some pity or sympathy.

Heel

I'm really tired of MMA fighters admitting after the fight that all their bullshit feuding was just for show. I mean, I know it's probably true, but it just seems lame to admit it after. Why even mention it?

He should never break character, even in the locker room. They shouldn't even be in the same hotel as far as I'm concerned.

Instro

Most guys don't like being boo'd consistently I think. You end up like Kosheck or Bisping, where you are pretty much boo'd no matter what is happening. With regards to Bisping it seems like he is trying to be more of a face these days at least after the build up is over.

Godslay

Banned
They can wear goggles.

Not sure if serious, but I don't think punching hard plastic is the way to go to protect eyes. Or hands.

Sounds okay, but I still think sweat + leather is going to be more difficult to hang on to rather than bare fingers. It's just something I think they are going to have to deal with, and like the article says give out no decisions if it happens.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Give Cung Le a fight against Michael Bisping, that way I know someone has the chance of knocking him out. If not for Le, then I guess the most logical match-up would be the winner of Souza/Kennedy in a few weeks.

I HATED the way Lesnar did it, too kistchy. Some guys play the "heel" role well and it makes the fights more appealing. I've never been into wrestling and thats what Lesnars UFC heel trashtalk reminded me of which is probably why I thought it was over acted. But I agree if you're just trying to drum up your "brand" might as well not pull back the curtain.

Zeliard

They're just marketing the fight at the end of the day.

It's rare when you get legitimate heat, but when it does happen, it's pretty memorable.

You could tell Bisping was just messing with Belcher. Bisping and, say, Jorge Rivera was another matter. That would have just been strange if they hugged it out afterwards. Bisping really hated that dude.

Fifty

For someone who thinks he's such a badass gangster, Sonnen comes out to some goofy-ass music. Somewhere, Matt Hughes is smiling.

NomarTyme

Time for a good old fashion ass whooping.

Not sure if serious, but I don't think punching hard plastic is the way to go to protect eyes. Or hands.

Sounds okay, but I still think sweat + leather is going to be more difficult to hang on to rather than bare fingers. It's just something I think they are going to have to deal with, and like the article says give out no decisions if it happens.

Yeah I agree. Got to do some testing though.

Godslay

Banned
At least Chael will throw down. The reach of Bones is what seems to bother most of these guys, I wonder if Chael will be able to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom