• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 172 |OT| Biggest squash match since Goldberg wrestled La Parka

Status
Not open for further replies.
6UGrSWU.jpg

START TIME: 10PM/7PM ETPT

MAIN CARD (PPV/BT SPORTS 1)

RVixgRh.png
nU9Vwnu.png

• Light Heavyweight (205lb) Title Match - Jon Jones (c) (19-1) vs Glover Teixeira (22-2)
how can anyone like Jon Jones? 2 faced, hypocrite snitching cunt. not even a gimmick, it's who he is. as much as i'd like to see him unconscious in a pool of his own blood, Glover is not the guy to do it. Bader, of all people, had him doing the twist. total squash match to rebuild Jones credibility after the Gus beating.

WRuMVCQ.png
0dsthOQ.png

• Light Heavyweight (205lb) - Phil Davis (12-1 (1)) vs Anthony Johnson (16-4)
welcome back, Rumble!! rehabilitated after doing some time on the B leagues, Johnson is ready to make his triumphant return. Davis is amazing, the way he beat Machida at elusiveness and earned a well deserved win made me a fan.

JEnCaDx.png
LbLW9fg.png

• Middleweight (185lb) - Luke Rockhold (11-2) vs Tim Boetsch (17-6)
Rochhold is the last Strikeforce MW champion before the UFC pulled the plug. he might be best remembered for taking a dive vs Belfort in Brasil. likewise, the only relevant thing Boetsch ever did was getting submitted by Davis. and looking like Donnie Wahlberg.

9eY0VO4.png
j9g9Ocn.png

• Lightweight (155lb) - Jim Miller (23-4 (1)) vs Yancy Medeiros (9-1 (1))
is there a more vanilla guy than Jim Miller? imagine this hobo looking bin dipper with no personality being picked to be the face of the UFC, beating Cain Velasquez in the process... just kidding! no company would be dumb enough to make an undersized, disgusting looking troll without a personality the face of their company, right? all you need to know about Yancy is that he's gonna get cut if he loses.

qzLCBml.png
U7hnoKI.png

• Featherweight (145lb) - Max Holloway (8-3) vs Andre Fili (13-1)
holy shit, Max got a face only a mother could love. they should consider pixelate his mug, some people eat while watching this shit. Fili? now that's a presentable young man. the type of guy you can take home to meet your parents. and he's got the skills so keep an eye on him.

PRELIMINARY FIGHTS (FOX SPORTS 1/BT SPORTS 1)

• Flyweight (125lb) - Joseph Benavidez vs Tim Elliot
  • Lightweight (155lb) - Takanori Gomi vs Isaac Vallie-Flagg
  • Bantamweight (135lb) - Jessamyn Duke vs Bethe Correia
  • Lightweight (155lb) - Joe Ellenberger vs Vagner Rocha

EARLY PRELIMS (UFC FIGHT PASS)

• Lightweight (155lb) - Danny Castillo vs Charlie Brenneman
  • Bantamweight (135lb) - Chris Beal vs Patrick Williams

I just want to see either Jones or Davis get smashed....and its not going to be Jones. I fucking hate Davis. I hope Rumble smashes him so he can join his friends Shields, Fitch and Okami in WSOF.

lol Gomi is fighting? He should be on a main card having legacy catchweight fights with BJ and Faber at this point

and when did Charlie Brenneman come back? I take it he will get his azz beat and get released after this fight

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gomi? Well alright! Other than that, just watching Jones, really...and Rumble of course. Rumble's Rumble.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I wonder how long Dana and Co. will keep going with the PPV model considering the UFC's decreasing popularity in North America. The ratings for the last event on Fox were abysmal. The current UFC product is oversaturated, generic and boring.

They need to go back to their roots of gladiator intros, nu-metal, and just bleed emphasis.
Some freak show fights wouldn't hurt too (hello SHAQ)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Shaq probably made more for one game in the NBA than the entire payroll combined of [choose a PPV].

Heel

This can be explained. After Jon lost his phone, it was hacked. All the hacker wanted to do was insult one of Jon's haters for him and and then block him on Instagram, but not until he posted pictures of Jon's quinoa lunch, and write an inspirational quote paired with a Jon Jones selfie. Is that so hard to believe? Stop reaching.

This can be explained. After Jon lost his phone, it was hacked. All the hacker wanted to do was insult one of Jon's haters for him and and then block him on Instagram, but not until he posted pictures of Jon's quinoa lunch, and write an inspirational quote paired with a Jon Jones selfie. Is that so hard to believe? Stop reaching.

I believe the hacker also posted instagram pictures of Jon training at Jackson's.

I wonder how long Dana and Co. will keep going with the PPV model considering the UFC's decreasing popularity in North America. The ratings for the last event on Fox were abysmal. The current UFC product is oversaturated, generic and boring.

They need to go back to their roots of gladiator intros, nu-metal, and just bleed emphasis.
Some freak show fights wouldn't hurt too (hello SHAQ)
What the fuck do you want, man? For the fucking UFC to put PPVs on fucking Fight Pass for free? That devalues the fucking product, bro.

Man, MMA fans seem to complain so much. Last UFC on Fox was great and this card looks good.

The overly negative OT OP created bums me out.
I'm excited for this card. Always love watching Jones doing what he does and the other main card fights are good too.

Man, MMA fans seem to complain so much. Last UFC on Fox was great and this card looks good.

I'm excited for this card. Always love watching Jones doing what he does and the other main card fights are good too.

really? i feel it's the most positive OT i ever made.

Heel

Hearing Hackleman talk about Glover's punching power has me excited. It may be a classic "puncher's chance" situation, but I truly believe Jon can and will get Subway Flatizza'd in this fight.

May the spirit of Chocolate Al guide Glover to victory. Wrestle in reverse and shock da whirl one time.

Instro

Wait, people think Gus deserved an immediate rematch? It was a great fight but come on, that shit is annoying.

Anyway Glover 2nd round tko.

ShaneB

Best to just ignore it and enjoy the cards as you will. You'll be much happier and actually enjoy the fights.

Razdek

Banned
Wait, people think Gus deserved an immediate rematch? It was a great fight but come on, that shit is annoying.

Anyway Glover 2nd round tko.

This must be a joke because Glover barely got by Bader and no he's going to beat the champ? Come on son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom