• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 172 |OT| Biggest squash match since Goldberg wrestled La Parka

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Hearing Hackleman talk about Glover's punching power has me excited. It may be a classic "puncher's chance" situation, but I truly believe Jon can and will get Subway Flatizza'd in this fight.

May the spirit of Chocolate Al guide Glover to victory. Wrestle in reverse and shock da whirl one time.
I remember like 3 years ago when Glover was completely unknown and you rated him highly. Remember when MMA-GAF freaked out about your claim that he would recycle Shogun? Look at Glover now, in a title fight!

Heel

I remember like 3 years ago when Glover was completely unknown and you rated him highly. Remember when MMA-GAF freaked out about your claim that he would recycle Shogun? Look at Glover now, in a title fight!

I like to think that half the fun in MMA is picking underdogs and backing a rising talent. A good example is Jon Jones after the Bonnar fight. It was pretty clear that he was a freaky talent that had the ability to go to the top, and it was a lot of fun watching that come to fruition.

With that comes some Okami moments, of course...haha.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He'll actually compete for a world title in his career. What does that make Seth Rollins, breh?

igLF374IX3Fx8.gif

Jones is from the same county as me so of course, around here whenever he fights it's a big deal. Pretty cool to have everyone around here excited for something.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't call myself a UFC fan, but for a guy who's 22-2, why do you call Glover garbage? I've never watched him fight, seriously asking the question.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Who did Jon Jones beat on the way to destroying your hero, friend?

No one but Jon Jones wasn't put on Liberace Lane by Ryan Bader and wasn't gassing out past Round 1. The jig is about to be up for Glowver, friend.

Heel

No one but Jon Jones wasn't put on Liberace Lane by Ryan Bader and wasn't gassing out past Round 1. The jig is about to be up for Glowver, friend.

Let's just speak in facts, friend. Ignoring that Jon Jones' road to the title includes Irish Jake O'Brien, Vladdy the Janitor and losing to a deaf man:

Jon Jones beat Ryan Bader for a title shot

Glover beat a better version of Ryan Bader for a title shot

(black and white) Glover is nasty. I've never seen anything like it. When he hits the pads, Hackleman's bones and tendons ache. He's never felt power like that, even from a prime Chuck Liddell. All it takes is one punch in this sport. Sometimes the stars align in this universe and we see something special. This might be Glover's night.

damac

Banned
I'm calling for jonest to get knocked out. I have had a rough 9 months, something has to start going my way :)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Let's just speak in facts, friend. Ignoring that Jon Jones' road to the title includes Irish Jake O'Brien, Vladdy the Janitor and losing to a deaf man:

Jon Jones beat Ryan Bader for a title shot

Glover beat a better version of Ryan Bader for a title shot

(black and white) Glover is nasty. I've never seen anything like it. When he hits the pads, Hackleman's bones and tendons ache. He's never felt power like that, even from a prime Chuck Liddell. All it takes is one punch in this sport. Sometimes the stars align in this universe and we see something special. This might be Glover's night.

You left out the part about him being a fuckin stud.

All I'm saying is if you're going to crush cans en route to a title shot, you better at least look dominant in the process.

EYEL1NER

Damn this looks like a good night of fights. If only I were not on vacation, I would be able to watch the fights for free on AFN. I suppose finding a bar or club showing them would be a possibility but I have a performance of Die Fledermaus that I am attending with the wife that night anyway.

I doubt Glover will end up beating Jones but if I am wrong and he finally loses on Saturday, I am going to be so pissed that I missed it.

Dysun

The most stacked card in history

Phil Davis in the co main event

with Rumble Johnson plucked out of WSOF

index.php

manfestival

My guesses are

Jones
Johnson
Boetsch (YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT)
Miller
(dont care about featherweights)
and my main man gomi (his return to form)

Dysun

seriously tho, Phil Davis in the co-main event is like negative interest in this card

if this boring ass lay n prayer ever headlines a card ill shit a brick, and with a few wins he might do it

hes like the black 205 lb version of jim miller, but less interesting

Heel

Jonny has never fucked with a man of true favela grit and determination. Glover didn't have the luxury of practicing katas he saw on YouTube dotch commie. We're talking about a man who grew up in a town with no electricity or running water. I fear for Jon's safety when that cage door closes.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
This may be one of the easiest fights of JJ's career.

On the inside, Glover has nothing. JJ wraps him up, takes him down and Hellbows™ him to smithereens ala Matt Hammil. On the outside, JJ picks him apart with front side kicks, oblique kicks and eye pokes.

Prediction:

Your winner Jon "Bones" Jones by submission Rd. 2

On the inside, Glover has nothing. JJ wraps him up, takes him down and Hellbows™ him to smithereens ala Matt Hammil. On the outside, JJ picks him apart with front side kicks, oblique kicks and eye pokes.

Prediction:

Wrong.

Jones gets tagged with real power, his gameplan will go to shit. If he's smart, he'll stay on his bicycle and try to get lucky with those pansy ass kicks to the knee. He may take it to a decision and possibly outpoint, but he'll never sub Texeira.

Razdek

Banned
Jonny has never fucked with a man of true favela grit and determination. Glover didn't have the luxury of practicing katas he saw on YouTube dotch commie. We're talking about a man who grew up in a town with no electricity or running water. I fear for Jon's safety when that cage door closes.

Nah, TeX is so white washed now he doesn't even remember the favela days. He's probably going out for champagne and strawberries after Jonny tko's him.

Lazyslob

Banned
Hope davis smashes that "i like fighting smaller guys" scumbag johnson.

hope texiera smashes that idiot "blahblahblah" jones

Prediction:

1250852526_kermit_bal4aom3.gif

You nailed it.

Glover is going to decision Jones and then decision Gustaffson as well this year.

2015 will be his beast year, by TKO'ing Cormier, Davis and Evans he will become LHW GOAT (Greatest OF ALL TIME!).

Believe.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Good squash match for Jones to get his confidence back after coming close to losing against Gustaffson. I'm going to pass on the PPV, I guess I will check out the gifs afterwards though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom