• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL that would have been sick.

mma-double-knockout-o.gif

He's done the exact same thing multiple times in fights, fake/lunging right to step-in left hook. He usually follows with a leg kick too but obviously didn't have time in this situation where he was out cold.
Conor mentioned this very thing in the promos he was running during some Fast & Furious movies on Friday night-- that Aldo had become predictable.

Conor ate that hook to get that punch in-- a bit of gamble there but it obviously paid off huge.

Freak punch? Conor has the size advantage. Aldo started that 1,2 combo too far out against a good striker who is still fresh. That is the type of thing Aldo never does, but he looked fucking nervous as fuck before bell and he never looks nervous like this.

Aldo lost to a great fighter but he has also lost to himself. You don't go open like that against Connor, never! No question about this win at all. No room for conspirationists either.

Ithil

Silva is punched in the face while attempting his clowning act.

Ronda is totally wrecked then kicked in the neck.

Aldo loses in one punch.

Weidman has his face smashed in after an ill-advised spin kick.

The lesson is, don't get an invincible reputation, or your eventual loss will be embarrassing.

NYR

13 fucking seconds. That is like $3 a second for this PPV. This is horrible for hardcore fans but great for UFC, the exposure is amazing, always good to have an entire fight in a gif, dear lord.

Fitts

Oh fuck off Joe that the rematch doesn't make sense. It was a flash KO. Rousey got dominated unequivocally and she's getting an immediate rematch.

He got destroyed but it's impossible to tell who is the better fighter when the fight lasted 3 seconds.

Oh I agree, but you never go full Frankie.

I'd argue he got caught and exposed.

He can beat everyone else at 145, but he proved he's no match for Conor right now.

How can you get exposed in a 5 second fight? This is MMA, there's a shit ton of different dimensions to each fight.

Either way, the only person even worth a challenge to Macgregor is Edgar so Aldo is getting the rematch soon.

Just left the bar I was at. Wow. Fucking insane. I thought it was a bad stoppage in real time, but seeing it in slow motion, poor guy was out like a light. Insane.

BadAss2961

The pressure got to Aldo. He was all fucked up from jump and didn't get the chance to loosen up.

I wouldn't put it past Edgar to beat Conor, but i'd rather see a rematch.

13 fucking seconds. That is like $3 a second for this PPV. This is horrible for hardcore fans but great for UFC, the exposure is amazing, always good to have an entire fight in a gif, dear lord.

Gotta love it in Europe, UFC is showed free on our sports channels. That being said I'd happily pay PPV if it ever changed to it. Some quality cards put on.

Conor mentioned this very thing in the promos he was running during some Fast & Furious movies on Friday night-- that Aldo had become predictable.

Conor ate that hook to get that punch in-- a bit of gamble there but it obviously paid off huge.

Oh please. He saw the opening and threw it, he would have slipped it or moved out of the way had he saw the hook coming.

ScribbleD

Conor got the better of that exchange fair n square.

Anyone can get caught like that though, we'll have to wait until 200 to see this fight.

You're not wrong about that. On the other hand, is anyone going to want to pay that to watch that rematch? I'm fresh off of eating serious crow, and I still think Aldo can definitely beat McGregor, and even I won't pay to watch that. McGregor backed all of his shit talk up in a fashion so spectacular that it's made the idea of a rematch between those two a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom