• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unrespectful as fuck and It's classless. Makes the sport looks like a circus show. Should I like it because it speaks to the rednecks, casuals and wwe lovers alike?

Wow. Conor definitely isn't the first trash talker and won't be the last. He also hasn't hit any pregnant ladies and run back to the scene to check on the welfare of...his drug paraphernalia. THAT'S some sideshow shit right there.

YaGaMi

Think Aldo should still get a rematch. This was a flash KO like Dos Santos on Cain. If he doesn't I feel sorry for the dude he fights next.

brentech

It's unrespectful as fuck and It's classless. Makes the sport looks like a circus show. Should I like it because it speaks to the rednecks, casuals and wwe lovers alike?

You realize how much money he made the UFC right? Almost on his own. Of course he needs a good opponent, but he's a walking promo. He showed the guy respect post fight.

he didn't prove shit man...they both left their faces exposed and one landed harder is all.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

What Conor did was a perfectly executed strike, hitting his opponent in just the right spot as he was swinging which is the worst time to get hit.

Comparing Aldo's punch to Conor's in that moment leaves a gigantic gap in the skill used to set up and throw them.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Wow. Conor definitely isn't the first trash talker and won't be the last. He also hasn't hit any pregnant ladies and run back to the scene to check on the welfare of...his drug paraphernalia.
I never get the obsession that some MMA fans have with dumb shit like "respect" or "class." Honestly, who cares?

maxiell

A rematch after he lasted 13 seconds? What would even be the point?

Dana loves Frankie Edgar and loathes Jose Aldo. Figure it out.

PureYeti

CWFYRe7XAAAFBb2.jpg

Oh man lol

My Saitama avatar is so proud

BadAss2961

The guys on ESPN are mad fuck as hell about the Weldman fight. Shoud of been stopped earlier than it did? I like to hear your opinions
I agree with Herb Dean not stopping it. The round was ending and Weidman was still defending himself. He came out in the 4th still game.

nahlakhai

Just go to youtube and look up Conor's trash talk highlight reels. There's a ton.

The worst was probably when he told Aldo to step closer so he could smell his pussy.

Haha how is that the worst? That's like schoolyard trash talk. If Aldo actually let that get to him I doubt he would've made it this far in the fight game. Aldo simply got caught up in the moment under the lights. Featherweight has never had that sort of pressure and prime time exposure until now. Throw that on top of the pressure he had from pulling out of the first scheduled fight and you could see it in his face and body language before the fight even started.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

What Conor did was a perfectly executed strike, hitting his opponent in just the right spot as he was swinging which is the worst time to get hit.

Comparing Aldo's punch to Conor's in that moment leaves a gigantic gap in the skill used to set up and throw them.

Yeah, but you're talking about people getting exposed. If you want exposure go look up Rousey vs Holm or DC vs Jones. The latter wasn't even a knockout but he made DC look like an impotent tool that couldn't do anything.

I refuse the notion that you can be exposed via a flash KO in the 10th second of a fight. It defies any kind of critical thinking.

Even if there was a 10 count in the UFC, I don't think Jose would have made it. Damn fine punch. I kept telling all the naysayers the Conor could do it.

Fitts

The guys on ESPN are mad fuck as hell about the Weldman fight. Shoud of been stopped earlier than it did? I like to hear your opinions

Fuck ESPN, but I'm right there with them on this one. Herb Dean had me shouting at my TV yet again. Weidman being allowed to continue after being so wobbly going to his corner was boxing levels of disgusting.

Lol why are people crying over paying and "it's not a real fight because it's over fast"

What's your solution tell Conor "to give Aldo a chance because he's nervous" "hit him softer so people get their money's worth"

Aldo decided to go all in Coner took the Trade and won, which means he out judged Aldo, which mean he outfought Aldo

Yeah Conor is a cocky shit, but don't let salt blind your logic

May16

I like Frankie vs. Conor next.

They're both presumably healthy due to having very quick fights. That means they can get in there and fight with a fast turnaround -- which, as a fan and viewer, is appealing to me. Jose has to recover from a KO which usually takes more time than, you know, not getting knocked out.

Let Jose fight Holloway or for a title eliminator if he wants maybe, but Frankie Edgar should get a title shot.

I bet your ideal UFC would be full of vanilla champions with no charisma that nobody would give a shit about.

Cause you can't be respectful with personallity? Can't be a great champion or great fighter with personallity without being a bitch? Charisma comes from insulting, taking belts from tables, yelling like a kid and flipping off people? Get the fuck out peter pan.

Being a big mouth and acting like a bitch sells tickets, what's new?! I'll still be waiting for a rematch that will be a actual fight. Any clean punch can knock the fuck out anyone, that's no news. It's been there from the very first day. Let him do that a second time against Aldo and I'll have nothing to add but once in 13 seconds? Yeah that's more luck than anything.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I like Frankie vs. Conor next.

They're both presumably healthy due to having very quick fights. That means they can get in there and fight with a fast turnaround -- which, as a fan and viewer, is appealing to me. Jose has to recover from a KO which usually takes more time than, you know, not getting knocked out.
Yeah, that would be great. I hope Conor McGregor can stay healthy for a long time, even though he's already had a couple knee injuries. So many fun matchups for him.

ScribbleD

I agree with Herb Dean not stopping it. The round was ending and Weidman was still defending himself. He came out in the 4th still game.

That went on for at least 30 straight seconds. Weidman's defense consisted of having his gloves over his face and taking a brutal beating for half a minute or more. Just because he wasn't out cold doesn't mean he was defending himself.

BadAss2961

If Cain gets a rematch after looking like shit against Werdum, Aldo should get one after coming out jittery and getting flash KO'd.

Xeteh

Yeah for sure. Intelligently defending yourself doesn't mean just holding your hands against your face while the guy bashes them in to it and splits your face open. He wasn't trying to avoid them at all.

You must be new to this. They talk all the shit in the world before the fight, try to get in to each others' heads and sell tickets. After the fight is over they're besties. It isn't anything new, its been going on forever.

Cause you can't be respectful with personallity? Can't be a great champion or great fighter with personallity without being a bitch? Charisma comes from insulting, taking belts from tables, yelling like a kid and flipping off people? Get the fuck out peter pan.

Being a big mouth and acting like a bitch sells tickets, what's new?! I'll still be waiting for a rematch that will be a actual fight. Any clean punch can knock the fuck out anyone, that's no news. It's been there from the very first day. Let him do that a second time against Aldo and I'll have nothing to add but once in 13 seconds? Yeah that's more luck than anything.

hahahah I was waiting for a post like this.

Come on, even the haters have to admit that will go down as one of the most memorable moments in the history of the sport.

After all the talking.

The postponed fight.

The hype about Aldo's kicking.

ALL THE CHAT of McGregor is all mouth, he would need to fight someone of note, actually someone in the top ten, alright the top five, I mean he will never beat Aldo.

The McGregor fans are allowed this one.

"Go and get your fucking shinebox!"

That Weidman fight definitely should have been stopped.

For those saying that Mcgregor got lucky or it wasn't a real fight, not sure what to tell you guys.

Guru-Guru

Banned

Being a big mouth and acting like a bitch sells tickets, what's new?! I'll still be waiting for a rematch that will be a actual fight. Any clean punch can knock the fuck out anyone, that's no news. It's been there from the very first day. Let him do that a second time against Aldo and I'll have nothing to add but once in 13 seconds? Yeah that's nothing.
Man you're really, really angry. Calm down amigo.

YaGaMi

That went on for at least 30 straight seconds. Weidman's defense consisted of having his gloves over his face and taking a brutal beating for half a minute or more. Just because he wasn't out cold doesn't mean he was defending himself.

Herb Dean is known for ending fights prematurely so it's good he didn't for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom