• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Official Press Conference: Live at 5 PM Eastern TIme

Status
Not open for further replies.
UFC-200-Banner.png

The official Press Conference for what the UFC is hoping to be its biggest PPV in history kicks off today. It will be the beginning of a multi month gigantic marketing campaign, with today's festivities, photo shoots, and commercial filming costing an estimated $10 million dollars. For those that have been following the news this Press Conference is also the reason Conor McGregor announced his "retirement" and his subsequent pulling from the card by the UFC. No new main event has been announced, though it is expected to be possibly revealed during the Presser

Those expected to appear at the Press Conference today are

UFC President Dana White
UFC Women's Bantamweight Chamption Miesha Tate
Title Challenger Amanda Nunes
UFC Women's Straweight Champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Title Challenger Claudia Gadelha
UFC Lightweight Champion Rafael Dos Anjos
Title Challenger Eddie Alvarez
Jose Aldo
Frankie Edgar
Cain Velasquez
Travis Browne

The Link to the Press Conference can be found below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3gTwkCutlQ

bigkrev

Hope they announce a new Main Event or just admit Connor is on the show. I'm already tired of the dancing around.

darscot

So underwhelming card, no Connor, Holly, Ronda, Cain vs Werdum, Jones, Silva, GSP. They better announce something big.

Fox318

Nunes getting a 5 round fight is a joke.

Shevchenko would have knocked her ass out if it had gone 5 and we are supposed to belive she can take down tate?

yeah ok

darscot

This has been said a lot and yet it's massive revision history.

That card had 3 compelling fights

It was a whole other level at the time, there are a few massive moments for the UFC, Griffins/Bonnor and 100 are two huge ones, GSP, Silva, Lesnar, Ronda and Connor were all big things (moments/periods/eras, I dunno the word). 200 should have been another massive moment and it just appears to be a dud.

It was a whole other level at the time, there are a few massive moments for the UFC, Griffins/Bonnor and 100 are two huge ones, GSP, Silva, Lesnar, Ronda and Connor were all big things (moments/periods/eras, I dunno the word). 200 should have been another massive moment and it just appears to be a dud.

I mean the actual card is phenomenally better than 100 was. Its not even close even for accounting star power at the time.

Outside of the 3 main fights, 100 was full of nobodies and non ranked fighters. Fan's overly remember that card fondly but if you go back and actually look at the card and match ups its not impressive at all.

The thing that DID make 100 special is it had Brock and GSP on it. The two biggest draws at the time together for the first and only time. But as a card to card comparison the two are hugely different.

That said 200 needs 1 or 2 huge fights. Frankly they need McGregor and or GSP. But its looking like neither of those are going to happen. Not sure what they will come up with, because that is the biggest thing hurting this card. It needs a seriously big main event.

darscot

I mean the actual card is phenomenally better than 100 was. Its not even close even for accounting star power at the time.

Outside of the 3 main fights, 100 was full of nobodies and non ranked fighters. Fan's overly remember that card fondly but if you go back and actually look at the card and match ups its not impressive at all.

The thing that DID make 100 special is it had Brock and GSP on it. The two biggest draws at the time together for the first and only time. But as a card to card comparison the two are hugely different.

That said 200 needs 1 or 2 huge fights. Frankly they need McGregor and or GSP. But its looking like neither of those are going to happen. Not sure what they will come up with, because that is the biggest thing hurting this card. It needs a seriously big main event.

Yeah I agree, the only thing was at the time of 100 the UFC you got one fight and a bunch of whatever fights then they gave us 3 it was like three PPV in one. Now you get 2 or 3 fights on a card. So for 200 I expected to get 4-5 real fights. Miesha should be fighting Holly, Cain should be fighting Werdum, Ronda should be making a statement and destroying someone. Connor needs to be there. Jones need to be there. Silva/GSP would be the old guy fight on the undercard :) Cowboy should be going at it with someone. Ok this is a little much but I can dream.

By no means should Cain or Holly be getting rematches. Fuck that.

Hope Jones gets a flawless victory over OSP and fights DC

Huge fights that should happen

GSP vs Anderson
GSP vs Robbie
GSP vs Nate
Fedor vs Werdum 2

darscot

By no means should Cain or Holly be getting rematches. Fuck that.

Hope Jones gets a flawless victory over OSP and fights DC

Holly was really unimpressive, I cant argue that she deserves a shot, but for mass appeal and growing the sport I would give it to her.

Cain was just not Cain in the last fight, clearly the elevation fucked him up, the guy has insane cardio, that night he just wasn't himself. That is why he gets the do over in my books.

Holly was really unimpressive, I cant argue that she deserves a shot, but for mass appeal and growing the sport I would give it to her.

Cain was just not Cain in the last fight, clearly the elevation fucked him up, the guy has insane cardio, that night he just wasn't himself. That is why he gets the do over in my books.

Cain got destroyed in the stand up and would have gassed at sea level too. He got completely outclassed. He's backed out of more fights than any champion due to injury. He needs at least 2 more impressive wins before getting a shot.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
this screams set-up.. i'm expecting mcgregor to come out from under the table lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom