• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Ronda wins because I love a good comeback story.

That, and all the people beasting on her is kind of ridiculous. No one would be salivating at the idea of Rocky III being destroyed.
Except Ronda is more like an American Drago than she is a Rocky. She was never anything less than a prohibitive favorite until now.

I never said she was that person, just when Ronda does face someone competent enough in stand up and not going to be forced to the ground, she's going to get her ass beat. I have no idea if that's Nunes or not, but Rousey is not the unstoppable force she's made out to be.

She's faced plenty of women who were "competent" in stand up, and destroyed them. The one time she lost she faced someone who was far more than "competent" in their standup. Holly Holm is an anomaly. She has better boxing technique than like 98% of mma fighters, male or female. Nobody else in her division is even in the same ballpark. You are right that women's mma is in its infancy, and maybe Ronda is it's Royce Gracie or Mark Coleman, but so far her peers are for the most part on that same level. The division and sport will evolve just like the men's did, but who knows when that will happen. Ronda will probably be retired by then.

BFIB

I think this is Rousey's final fight in MMA either way. WWE is going to be throwing her so much fucking money to line up for WM she won't be able to say no.

What I'm saying is Ronda is a one trick pony. Force her way into a clinch, then hip throw into an armbar. If anyone learns to counter this to a good enough degree, she'll get picked apart. That's the problem with being a one note fighter; people can see exactly what you want to do and plan around it.

Women's MMA is young, so it's hardly surprising you have someone dominate with a superior ground game. Men's MMA was the same way with Gracie. The difference is Gracie had different ways of winning, but with Ronda it's the same thing every fight.

That's like saying all you ever had to do with Hendo was watch for the right. Which wasn't good gameplan until way late in his career when he was so wrecked by injuries accumulated that it nearly WAS the only thing he could do.

Women's MMA really isn't as young as you're making it out to be and the disciplines used have had high level women practitioners for decades.

Yes Ronda has won overwhelmingly with Armbars. However the way she gets those armbars isn't always the same cookie cutter techniques. She has multiples angles of attack to get into the armbar and has even succesfully subbed an opponent with it not secured completely. And if you think she doesn't have other subs in her book, you're naive. If someone defends the armbar but gives up the neck for a choke, make no mistake Ronda will take the choke.

Hendricks on the scale missing weight

C03Vju_UUAA3mvm.jpg:large

Dude is a joke

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Maybe you shouldn't blow up to 220 pounds between fights. Hendricksweight is the new Rumbleweight.

rugioh

Banned
After seeing the shape she's in I'm starting to believe

Armbar-Rousey is back. I don't have faith that Nunes can avoid the clinch standing up all night long, especially once she starts getting tired.

Haunted

Hendricks missed weight three times now and is on a 1-3 skid, looking forward to seeing him fight Carvalho or Lima in Bellator.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I imagine the UFC desperately wants Rousey to win considering that if she loses, her career as a fighter will probably go up in flames.

Dysun

Hendricks up to his old tricks

Soon he will look gassed in the first round to complete the performance. Thx Usada!

Hendricks has been cutting weight badly for years. He's going to end up with kidney damage and not be able to cut at all eventually.

sirap

I imagine the UFC desperately wants Rousey to win considering that if she loses, her career as a fighter will probably go up in flames.

It's in her best interest to win too. Her Hollywood career has dried up/stalled completely after the loss. Hard to sell "do nothing bitch" merchandise too when you did exactly that :p

I'm sure they want her to win, but personally I think this might be her last fight no matter what even if she wins.

Can't believe this piece of shit is one of the reasons we lost GSP. Fucking cheat has been exposed for what he is - a cheating loser.

Indeed. Its clear GSP had some inside info that Hendricks was juicing when they fought. That's why he was trying to do the Olympic testing and Hendricks refused.

NYR

It's one of the reasons there has been a media blackout. They want to control and write the story after she wins, if she loses, they don't have egg on their face. It's a female rocky story if she wins.

How do you mias weight? Geez, you'd figure you'd make sure you have cut enough by weigh ins.

Hendricks notoriously get's over 200lbs out of camp and doesn't take care of himself at all. I've met him between camps and the dude blows up, and not in muscle. Seeing him in person there is no reason he shouldn't be able to make 170.

I think Dolce said he wouldn't work with him again cuz he would eat like shit and then expect Mike to somehow get his weight down at the end.

Interesting. Could you elaborate on why you feel that might happen?

I might be totally wrong, its just the impression I get. I think she didn't want to end her career with a devastating loss like that, as she knew it would be everyone's final impression of her. I think she's only coming back to cement her legacy and leave on a win. I hope I'm wrong and that if she wins we see her fight more as frankly, the division is a lot more exciting when Rousey is involved, but I think this is just a legacy fight more than anything.

Max_Po

Banned
I hope Ronda looses badly and gets knocked the fuck out again..

She is a pathetic and terribly mean person.....just look at her personality outside the cage..... even now she says fuck the money she just wants to win.

Hoping Amanda knocks her ass out cold!....

N° 2048

I just want to see Cody hit pure air, gas out and get murked by Cruz.

E87szCK.gif

raw

This will be Cody trying to get his hands on Cruz.
giphy.gif

Lol so people are taking the fact that a guy who has always struggled with making weight due to how much weight he carries between fights has become less and less able to make weight as he's aged as evidence that he was juicing? And big upping GSP simultaneously?

Talk about rewriting narrative. Hendricks wanted testing for that fight, he just wanted it from a stricter organization that didn't have images of GSP on their website. And GSP is the fighter that left right before the UFC tightened testing up and hasn't returned. And whose teamate looked like a worldbeater until that tighter testing hit then suddenly stopped being such a monster.

Out of all the clues that someone could be on PEDs, a guy with shit eating habits havung an increasingly difficult time cutting weight as he ages is pretty damn low on the list.

I might be totally wrong, its just the impression I get. I think she didn't want to end her career with a devastating loss like that, as she knew it would be everyone's final impression of her. I think she's only coming back to cement her legacy and leave on a win. I hope I'm wrong and that if she wins we see her fight more as frankly, the division is a lot more exciting when Rousey is involved, but I think this is just a legacy fight more than anything.

Her plan going into the Holm fight was to quickly mop the floor with Holm. Face and destroy Paige next and then retire. ( I recall her saying this in an interview ) She also said after she beats them both that Holm and Tate can fight for the division in her absence. She has recently said she wants to fight two more fights and call it quits. This one tomorrow night and one more which would likely be a Holm rematch. It probably would've been Cyborg but her recently failed test killed any chance of that happening.

Lol so people are taking the fact that a guy who has always struggled with making weight due to how much weight he carries between fights has become less and less able to make weight as he's aged as evidence that he was juicing? And big upping GSP simultaneously?

Talk about rewriting narrative. Hendricks wanted testing for that fight, he just wanted it from a stricter organization that didn't have images of GSP on their website. And GSP is the fighter that left right before the UFC tightened testing up and hasn't returned. And whose teamate looked like a worldbeater until that tighter testing hit then suddenly stopped being such a monster.

Out of all the clues that someone could be on PEDs, a guy with shit eating habits havung an increasingly difficult time cutting weight as he ages is pretty damn low on the list.

I'm pretty positive Hendricks was on juice yeah.

Look at Hendricks body the past few fights since USADA began testing fighters. Age doesn't make you lose mass that quickly. Is it a coincidence?? I think not. He looks like he aged 10 years in the process as well. It's kinda how Belfort looks now that he can no longer have the TRT excemption to use for his fights. Hendricks was clearly on something before the USADA started testing these guys frivolously

So I always enjoy MMA fights when I rarely see them and want to get into watching it more. But do they have weekly cards on Spike or something? It seems like the only time i ever see any fights being promoted it's always a PPV event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom