• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 210 Cormier vs. Johnson 2 |OT| Embrace the Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are the docs stopping it tho he looks fine?

Dr.Acula

Banned
The ref didn't stop it for a k/o, he stopped it for illegal strikes. He doesn't know how Weidman would have responded had he not stepped in.

What a fiasco. I couldn't really care less who wins, but that's just an embarrassing way for a fight to end...

EDIT: I mean, it's really the ref's mistake. Once you give the guy 5 minutes, you kinda' have to stick with that, whether you were right or not, IMO.

kL9GSbJ.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So dumb. Weidman should get the 5 minutes because Mirgs thought it was illegal and should not be looking at replay. Restart the fight as soon as he's ready.

Still, fuck Weidman.

Qvoth

weidman's palms weren't even on the ground though? what's this shit about 1 hand on the ground shit? can someone explain?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ref stopped the fight for a legal strike. That's a TKO.

Places where they fucked up:

The ref didn't need to stop the fight for that strike. He was hit hard but not out.

The ref apparently is not allowed to have the benefit of replay, so his decision that it was an unintentional illegal strike should stand.

The doctor didn't need to be involved.

Chumley

Banned
Ref stopped the fight for a legal strike. That's a TKO.

Places where they fucked up:

The ref didn't need to stop the fight for that strike. He was hit hard but not out.

The ref apparently is not allowed to have the benefit of replay, so his decision that it was an unintentional illegal strike should stand.

The doctor didn't need to be involved.

No, he stopped the fight because he thought it was an illegal knee.

Egg0

Banned
Weedman probably regrets milking those knees. In retrospect it makes it look like he was unable to continue lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lol at Rogan throwing the ref under the bus

Dr.Acula

Banned
Weidman losing in equally odd fashion to his Silva wins.

Knocking a guy out standing with your fists, then breaking his leg with a check is now equivalent to the ref calling an illegal blow then reversing it on an illegal replay?

Why don't the replay eye pokes and shit then?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
weidman's palms weren't even on the ground though? what's this shit about 1 hand on the ground shit? can someone explain?

2 hands down = no knees to head.
1 hand down = knees to head ok.

until recently, it used to be 1 or 2 down = no knees to head.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
No, he stopped the fight because he thought it was an illegal knee.

Right, which is why the review shouldn't have come in to play. But for whatever reason they decided it should, which means he stopped the fight for what was ruled a legal knee in the end.

They need to do it again, this is just total bullshit.

But...but... Weidman is so much better than Mousasi! Only cans! Right? Moose is awesome. No rematch because Weidman tried gaming the system. Go to Bellator and fight the winner of Chael/Wanderlei.

Knocking a guy out standing with your fists, then breaking his leg with a check is now equivalent to the ref calling an illegal blow then reversing it on an illegal replay?

Why don't the replay eye pokes and shit then?

Hey man, I'll come over to your house and you can try checking my kicks until my leg breaks. I'd love to see how you pull that off.

It was a freak accident, stop trying to spin it any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom