• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight Night 81 - Dillashaw vs Cruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conor will light Eddie up in 5 rounds.

He recognizes it's a problem. He hired the best MMA wrestling coach. His defense looked a lot better. There's only so much you can learn versus a guy who has been doing it for years.

Yea, I've noticed that he did get better early on but that's what Alvarez does best. His wrestling really got to Pettis and Pettis really has the weakest wrestling in the division.

He's really tentative against wrestlers due to the fact that he can always be taken down at will. I do seriously believe that he does have the striking power, speed, and range to stop wrestlers but lately he's been really careful with his striking.

Alvarez is Maynard 2.0.

Pettis looked small here. Maybe it's just been that long since I've seen him fight but I remember him having more mass. That really seemed to be the biggest problem for him here. He was out landing but just didn't have enough power for Alvarez.

Instro

Well. I only cared about this Cruz / Dillashaw fight anyway ... hope it's exciting and goes more than 1 round.

My memory is a little hazy(and I didn't watch his last fight), but wasn't Cruz pretty much blanket wrestler prior to his injuries? This doesn't exactly have the makings of a great matchup.

the reebok logo in the corner
qAJ03LD.png

My memory is a little hazy(and I didn't watch his last fight), but wasn't Cruz pretty much blanket wrestler prior to his injuries? This doesn't exactly have the makings of a great matchup.

Cruz? Blanket wrestler? Nah man hes a stick and move point striker usually

Macattk15

Not really. Lots of technical shit ... good footwork ... just no real crazy knockout power ... so most of his wins were decisions from what I remember.

No. He was well rounded. Very mobile and awkward striking style that did a lot of work and made it hard for anyone to get a rhythm on him.

Instro

Cruz? Blanket wrestler? Nah man hes a stick and move point striker usually

Not really. Lots of technical shit ... good footwork ... just no real crazy knockout power ... so most of his wins were decisions from what I remember.

No. He was well rounded. Very mobile and awkward striking style that did a lot of work and made it hard for anyone to get a rhythm on him.

Ah disregard me then. Thanks folks.

Heel

TJ Dilla looks smoothed out from previous fights, gasping for air, reduced striking volume. I won't speculate any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom