• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight Night 81 - Dillashaw vs Cruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Haven't seen McGregor fight at lightweight ... but I think he'd beat the Pettis in there tonight. He'd knock out Alvarez too.

CY-aae9WEAElbTC.jpg

Meatwad.png

Yup, Alvarez has it in the pocket now. Doing some decent damage with those takedowns.

Pettis is frustrated with the takedowns and has no idea what to do.

I have Pettis 1 and 2, alvarez 3. All except round 3 kind of up in the air tho. Alvarez has also been holding the cage like a mother fucker the whole fight

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Ref needs a reminder be can stand them up if a fighter continues to hold the cage. Or, you know, deduct a point. Crazy that Alvarez got away with so much cage holding.

dabig2

Kinda shit fight and I'm not sure who to blame. Eddie was a blanket for most of it but Pettis still looked off and weak too. Either way, none of them deserve any bonuses or even props for winning this fight.

zewone

Thanks Eddie for making a great match up very boring.

Ask Frankie Edgar how much of a fan favorite you are winning in a boring manner.

Alvarez will not be beating RDA or McGregor. He gasses himself out way too much from my view and he puts himself into too much danger. I don't know why Pettis didn't use his reach or his kicks more.

There goes the blueprint in beating Pettis (that Guida showed before). Takedowns and grinding. Alot of it. Surprised Pettis hasn't learned to stop more takedowns.

zewone

Conor will light Eddie up in 5 rounds.

Alvarez will not be beating RDA or McGregor. He gasses himself out way too much from my view and he puts himself into too much danger. I don't know why Pettis didn't use his reach or his kicks more.

There goes the blueprint in beating Pettis (that Guida showed before). Takedowns and grinding. Alot of it. Surprised Pettis hasn't learned to stop more takedowns.

He recognizes it's a problem. He hired the best MMA wrestling coach. His defense looked a lot better. There's only so much you can learn versus a guy who has been doing it for years.

broz0rs

Poor Pettis is going to get wrestled every fight unless UFC pairs him up with a non-wrestler. Nate Diaz next?

Cruz about to get trashed. Dude hasn't fought in 4 fucking years. I still can't get past Dillishaw bitching out on TUF, but he IS a legit champ.

septicore

I really want Dominick Cruz to win because he never lost his belt but there're too many things unknown about him coming into this fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom