• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC On FOX 6 |OT| Cerrone, Pettis, Rampage, Glover The God...And A Title Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

iddqd

I'm done with Chael's corny southern 80s news jobber schtick. Hopefully he disappears when Bones beats the brakes off of him.

I hope not.
He is sunlight in a sport that is made out of "I fight whoever whenever".
Having someone talk trash is a nice fresh breeze in a sea of "uh.."

I hope not.
He is sunlight in a sport that is made out of "I fight whoever whenever".
Having someone talk trash is a nice fresh breeze in a sea of "uh.."

I don't disagree. Maybe one day they will find someone who is actually good at trash talking instead if some lame who memorizes old Eddie Gilbert promos off YouTube.

dream

I mean, what is Grover even good at? He had QRJ playing the role of punching bag, and he couldn't even drop him. He had QRJ's back and couldn't sub him. He mounted QRJ for 30 seconds and his offense looked Bispingesque. This guy is like a 206 lb Denis Kang.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I mean, what is Grover even good at? He had QRJ playing the role of punching bag, and he couldn't even drop him. He had QRJ's back and couldn't sub him. He mounted QRJ for 30 seconds and his offense looked Bispingesque. This guy is like a 206 lb Denis Kang.

MMA-GAF fixates on marginal fighters like this jungle fight loser and nondescript wrestler Joe Weidman Miller and autofellates them to high heavens.

dream

As our good friend Heel pointed out, Grover isn't even young. At 33, there's literally no upside to this guy.

Vio-Lence

Banned
its funny that in this backwater sport guys in their 30s are considered as up and comers. in most stick and ball sports 33 would be washed up.

Carton

As our good friend Heel pointed out, Grover isn't even young. At 33, there's literally no upside to this guy.

He isn't, but certain breeds of fighter can be very competitive throughout their 30s. It remains to be seen how Glover will age, but i think he's worth keeping an eye on.

You're really serious aren't you?

Wrestling is the base of the mma pyramid amigo. What did that can Hioki do to win the fight besides get put on his back and offer no resistance.

Are you looking at Clay Guida's face right now in the presser? Did you watch the fight? If you answered "Yes" to any of those questions, and still don't know, you can't be helped...

Vio-Lence

Banned
Are you looking at Clay Guida's face right now in the presser? Did you watch the fight? If you answered "Yes" to any of those questions, and still don't know, you can't be helped...

Hatsu Canoiki spent most of the fight on his back getting hammered by the Carpenter. Which fight did you watch amigo?

Carton

Wrestling is the base of the mma pyramid amigo. What did that can Hioki do to win the fight besides get put on his back and offer no resistance.

But being in an opponent's guard, incapable of advancing your position or inflicting any damage is not winning. Hioki demonstrated more offence from his back than Guida did from the top; Guida scored with the takedowns; Hioki was better on the feet.

But being in an opponent's guard, incapable of advancing your position or inflicting any damage is not winning. Hioki demonstrated more offence from his back than Guida did from the top; Guida scored with the takedowns; Hioki was better on the feet.
Our good friend Vio-Lence is too brainwashed by the unified rules to acknowledge multiple efforts to finish the fight over impotent positional dominance.

Under PRIDE rules, Hioki wins that fight and that's without hometown favoritism.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Our good friend Vio-Lence is too brainwashed by the unified rules to acknowledge multiple efforts to finish the fight over impotent positional dominance.

Under PRIDE rules, Hioki wins that fight.

Uncle Fester killed Pride amigo, welcome to the Ultimate Wrestling Championship. I've been brainwashed by all the effusive praise of everyone's favorite French Canadian welterweight for doing the same thing. Sitting in guard, not advancing position, or attempting submissions. Who these guys crappin?

Hatsu Canoiki spent most of the fight on his back getting hammered by the Carpenter. Which fight did you watch amigo?

The same fight the scoring services like FightMetric were watching, amigo.

You know, the scoring services that counted Guida landing about 50% less shots, less significant strikes, and even being outscored while he rode top position, amigo... Not to mention the fact that one of those three takedowns resulted in Guida scrambling to escape two submission predicaments, not doing any "hammering" at all.

Total Striking: Hioki 74, Guida 40

...for somebody who "spent most of the fight on his back getting hammered by the Carpenter" he sure didn't eat many shots. That averages about two shots a minute in the fight.

If that's a "hammering" by the carpenter, then that carpenter is going to take six years to build a birdhouse...

Uncle Fester killed Pride amigo, welcome to the Ultimate Wrestling Championship. I've been brainwashed by all the effusive praise of everyone's favorite French Canadian welterweight for doing the same thing. Sitting in guard, not advancing position, or attempting submissions. Who these guys crappin?
Touché friend, touché.

Carton

GSP often dominates the striking, secures the takedown, and is more successful from the top with strikes than his opponent is from the bottom, and is never threatened by submission. Furthermore, he commonly passes to side control or half guard.

Heel

GSP often dominates the striking, secures the takedown, and is more successful from the top with strikes than his opponent is from the bottom, and is never threatened by submission. Furthermore, he commonly passes to side control or half guard.

0098_p9ubr.gif

Vio-Lence

Banned
lol Vio-lence is on fire

I don't know about you, but I find it really hard to get riled up about poor decisions anymore. Watching the UFC for as long as I have, you become conditioned to accept certain things, and wrestlers getting shitty decisions is one of them.

Combine that with the fact that Guida was fighting in his back yard for that corrupt Chicago home cooking, what's with the shock.

I don't know about you, but I find it really hard to get riled up about poor decisions anymore. Watching the UFC for as long as I have, you become conditioned to accept certain things, and wrestlers getting shitty decisions is one of them.

Combine that with the fact that Guida was fighting in his back yard for that corrupt Chicago home cooking, what's with the shock.
There's no shock, I had Guida winning by split on MMA Playground and expected it to go down exactly like it did.

I'm just bummed that as MMA fans we are conditioned to accept this as the way things are. It's disappointment more than anything.

Cecil-Peoples_referee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom