• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Thomson |OT| ‘Oh, oh, ehh’ making woman sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZYXQAbo.jpg

MAIN CARD (FOX/BT SPORT)

fy2udj3.png

Benson Henderson. honest question, does this guy even has fans? he's like a shittier version of GSP, with none of the drawing power. his only highlights is a kick he took to the face and making Edgar throw his HAT in disgust.
Thomson is dumb as fuck but look at him, it's how i picture the angels that bodyguard Jesus look like. life is so easy when you look like him.

uqIk3WL.png

Gonzaga, man, i love him for exposing the fraud that was Mirko Mirko. hope one day he'll get his hands on Hapa again and choke him lifeless for using illegal elbows.
Miocic was part of the most mind numbing boring HW fight of last year, when he faced Roy Nelson at UFC 161.

23i2dEa.png

Cerrone is the gatekeeper. if you can't beat him, back to prelims you go. if you beat him, you get a push.
Martins's third fight in the octagon, may be best remembered for his armbar on Cruickshank which earned him Submission of the Night honours last year.

bhHKgPp.png

Lil' Heathen... Damage... i swear on my daughters life these nicknames are real.

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX SPORTS 1/BT SPORT)

Bantamweight: Alex Caceres vs Sergio Pettis
Bantamweight: Eddie Wineland vs Yves Jabouin
Bantamweight: Chico Camus vs Yaotzin Meza
Bantamweight: Junior Hernandez vs Hugo Viana
Lightweight: Daron Cruickshank vs Mike Rio
Welterweight: George Sullivan vs Mike Rhodes

UFC FIGHT PASS PRELIMINARY FIGHT

Heavyweight: Walt Harris vs Nikita Krylov

The Homie, Nate Diaz, on Thomson:

It’s unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was running for his life…He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that’s not bullshit. I’m not here talking shit on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going ‘Oh, oh, ehh’ making woman sounds I’ve never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I’m hearing his corner telling him to smile and I’m like, ‘Yeah, smile mother fucker’ and not a single smile came out of his mouth.

VASPER

Banned
Nice OT LP
My picks are
Henderson
Gonzoga
Cowboy as always
Elkins
here is hoping Sergio Pettis is as promising as his older brother.

MjFrancis

My picks are Donald Cerrone and Benson Henderson. Other than that I'm just hoping for good fights. And I'm hoping that losing the belt makes Smooth a better fighter, but we'll see.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
decent night of fights actually enjoy watching cerrone, young pettis, and cruickshank. and heres to hoping bendo gets beat down.

Heel

Lil' Pettis vs. Bruce Leeroy is excellent matchmaking. Looking forward to that one. I just hope it doesn't turn into them taking turns whiffing spinning techniques and giving each other high fives and smiles.

Hope Punk wins. Not just by a quick KO or anything but that he beats Henderson down for the full five rounds making him reconsider his chosen profession in the process.

Lil' Pettis vs. Bruce Leeroy is excellent matchmaking. Looking forward to that one. I just hope it doesn't turn into them taking turns whiffing spinning techniques and giving each other high fives and smiles.

UFC are stupid to not put that on the main card. This matchmaking on these Fox cards has been terrible. Fox should ask for a refund.

That is what I hope Bendo does to Punk

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest Punk fan but at least he almost always has very exciting fights. I just want te be sure that Henderson doesn't get near the title scene again.

And yeah, wtf is Jeremy Stephens doing on the main card?! Absolutely baffling. He must have some dirt on White or something.

Dysun

A couple decent fights but Benson is gonna lay on The Punk for five rounds and ruin the exciting Pettis match up. Not that it matters since Pettis fights once a year at best anyways

Lazyslob

Banned
Woo hoo something to watch on saturday! Hope Bendo woops Thompson. I guess Cowboy isn't liked very much but I think he's okay.

Camwi

Benson Henderson (19-3) vs. Josh Thomson (20-5)
Stipe Miocic (10-1) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (16-7)
Donald Cerrone (21-6, 1 NC) vs. Adriano Martins (25-6)
Darren Elkins (17-3) vs. Jeremy Stephens (22-9)

Alex Caceres (9-5, 1 NC) vs. Sergio Pettis (10-0)
Eddie Wineland (20-9-1) vs. Yves Jabouin (19-8)
Chico Camus (13-4) vs. Yaotzin Meza (20-8)
Junior Hernandez (13-5) vs. Hugo Viana (7-1)
Daron Cruickshank (13-4) vs. Mike Rio (9-3)
George Sullivan (14-3, 1 NC) vs. Mike Rhodes (6-1)

Walt Harris (5-2) vs. Nikita Krylov (15-3)

Those are my picks, though I'm hoping that Thomson beats that douche Henderson and Stephens beats Elkins.

How good is Thomson's takedown defense? Cause that's what this fight comes down to. Punk better get ready to throw those 11-to-5 elbows when he's against the fence.

It trips me out how vocal people are about disliking Bendo, for no real reason. Dude fought the best guys in one of the most stacked divisions, of course they're not going to all be finished fights.

Heel

It trips me out how vocal people are about disliking Bendo, for no real reason. Dude fought the best guys in one of the most stacked divisions, of course they're not going to all be finished fights.

Imagine GSP if he was one step away from dabbing the crowd with holy water and handing out bibles at weigh-ins. You have Benson Henderson.

VoxPop

Damn.. does this card even warrant a thread?

But then again betting money on these shit fights always makes for a better card

My picks for this Saturday

Bendo
Miocic
Cerrone
Elkins
Pettis
Wineland
Meza

I could easily see Bendo losing too

ShaneB

Agreed, Bendo is a hell of a fighter, and tends to always put on a good show. *shrug*

Imagine GSP if he was one step away from dabbing the crowd with holy water and handing out bibles at weigh-ins. You have Benson Henderson.

Bendo actually tries to finish his opponents so that doesn't fit. Pettis, Melendez, Diaz, and Edgar who are his last 5 fights (his entire Championship run) have been finished a combined total of 2 times. Both of those are Diaz losses and only one of those Diaz losses happened in the UFC. In fact, the only opponent Bendo fought in the UFC that has been finished more than 2 times in their entire career is Guida.

Heel

Bendo actually tries to finish his opponents so that doesn't fit. Pettis, Melendez, Diaz, and Edgar who are his last 5 fights (his entire Championship run) have been finished a combined total of 2 times. Both of those are Diaz losses and only one of those Diaz losses happened in the UFC. In fact, the only opponent Bendo fought in the UFC that has been finished more than 2 times in their entire career is Guida.

"Well, he tried really hard but his opponents are tough" is not a way to garner my fandom. The division is a shark tank, and it's on Benson to show and prove. You don't even need to finish opponents to be exciting.

I feel like the vast majority of exciting moments in Benson's UFC fights have been in spite of his presence. He's actively tepid and void of budo.

Where's Don Frye when you need him to fill us in on Benson's "kill ratio"?

Vio-Lence

Banned
using the excuse that his opponents are tough for lack of finishes is grade a BS. punk finished nate diaz, who never was stopped in a fight previously.

I really wish UFC would go back to putting on fewer events. A card like this does NOTHING for me. I want to be excited and pumped for every card when I look at the fights on it. This globalisation bullshit is ruining the UFC for me bit by bit.

We have to go back.

Yes I know, it's free so STFU etc. etc.

"Well, he tried really hard but his opponents are tough" is not a way to garner my fandom. The division is a shark tank, and it's on Benson to show and prove. You don't even need to finish opponents to be exciting.

I feel like the vast majority of exciting moments in Benson's UFC fights have been in spite of his presence. He's actively tepid and void of budo.

Where's Don Frye when you need him to fill us in on Benson's "kill ratio"?

The dude was 12-2 with 10 finishes before the UFC. He lit up Diaz throughout their fight, gave better than he got in both Edgar fights, and he mixed it up with Melendez as well.

You want to see more finishes. Fair enough. But to compare him to GSP, who actively rode out decision wins against guys he was dominating, is a bit much.

using the excuse that his opponents are tough for lack of finishes is grade a BS. punk finished nate diaz, who never was stopped in a fight previously.

Yet he went to decision against KJ Noons, whose been finished twice. And Nate had previously been stopped by way of Sub. He had just never been knocked out.

I really wish UFC would go back to putting on fewer events. A card like this does NOTHING for me. I want to be excited and pumped for every card when I look at the fights on it. This globalisation bullshit is ruining the UFC for me bit by bit.

We have to go back.

Yes I know, it's free so STFU etc. etc.

I would rather have two guys that I dont know scrap, than watch two former champs jab and wrestlefuck for five rounds. And we've all seen cards where the prelims out shine the main.

Rio is improving but I feel like he's under prepared for Cruickshank. I don't know who he's training with but he could probably use a new camp.

That leg lock made me cringe.

Edit: God damn @ that spinning back kick to the face. Maybe it isn't Rio's camp then because Cruickshank was insane in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom