• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on Versus 5: Hardy vs Lytle - 8.14.11 - 6pm PT / 9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exhibit A for why the jab is crucial in all striking sports. Every one of those whiffed left hooks would have landed if they were jabs instead.

Trying to dive on a takedown for points and get submitted. NIce knowin' ya, Rooster.

BTW, I always loved Lytle's defensive hand techniques. He swats a lot of punches aside.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Pristine_Condition said:
The UFC would like to wish Dan Hardy well in all his future endeavors.

There's always gonna be a place in the sport for those guys who aren't really that talented, but are willing to go out and punch a dude in the face and constantly make dumb decisions.

That place is called Shark Fights. Cut him loose.

Lytle did what GSP couldn't. Lytle vs GSP for the title! Georges will have to take a year to think about it and make sure his abductor muscle is functioning properly.

Heel

Chamber said:
Looks like BAMMA has found their Welterweight champion.

Hahaha. Sadly I don't think Hardy could beat Kong.

Edit: Nevermind, they don't even have a welterweight champion. Bingo!

yacobod

Banned
Chris Lytle succeeds where gsp fails. nice sub and way to end his career.

and i couldn't believe how bad bendo worked over miller. that fight was very 1 sided.

Archaix said:
There's always gonna be a place in the sport for those guys who aren't really that talented, but are willing to go out and punch a dude in the face and constantly make dumb decisions.

That place is called Shark Fights. Cut him loose.

LOL. Brutal verbal GnP.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well that was a solid card, should keep the ol fight tank sated until the epic looking Rio card.

dream

Pristine_Condition said:
So, I take it Ben won? If so, I got all my picks tonight.

I had to switch over to watch CM Punk on the WWE PPV. Wish I had stuck around.

"Won" doesn't do it justice.

Benson showed me who Jim Miller is tonight.

Heel

I had Hardy losing the round (and the fight) even if he completed a takedown. Anyone have it different? Hardy didn't land much in the 3rd. Lytle was landing body shots and more the whole round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom