• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Undisputed 3 |OT| Late to the Fight

brentech

Platforms: XBOX360, PS3
Publisher / Developer: THQ / Yukes
Release Date: 14 February 2012
Online Modes: Requires an "online pass"; lame

::CRITIC REVIEWS::
As of 16 Feb 2012, Metacritic provides an 86
KTp2J.jpg

::Game Modes::
Exhibition Fights​
Career Mode - Create a fighter or use an existing 
UFC/PRIDE fighter to change history.​
Pride Grand Prix Tournaments - Multiple fights spanning 
over a single day, with damage carrying over.​
Ultimate Fights - Recreate historical fights by pursuing the 
exact situations for both fighters.​
Event Mode - Allows you to play through or simulate a full 
fight card.​
Title Mode - Win a title by moving up the ranks​
Title Defense - Once you've grabbed a belt, defend it for 
as many fights as possible.​
UFC 3 MATCHES - Set up your fights for a more competitive experience. Mirror matches now available.
Competition Match - Different fighters have equalized stats, no flash knockouts, no doctor stoppages,
or any random endings. (Allows for UFC to be a tournament fighting game)​
Equalized Stats Match - Different fighters have equalized stats.​
Simulation Energy - Fighters must manage their fights more realistically.
Will gas faster and have to recoup before you can continue fighting effectively.​

::FEATURING 150+ FIGHTERS:: From both UFC & PRIDE
Some fighters have models in both UFC + Pride, featuring
aesthetics from their past.

Ey5IX.jpg
7HcdX.jpg

CeJIu.jpg
A8GwR.jpg

XJAO3.jpg
yvns6.jpg

0zRjA.jpg

VmmCf.jpg
xch33.jpg

::INFORMATION::

UFC Undisputed 3 takes you inside the Octagon, delivering intense
UFC action focused on brutal toe-to-toe combat, impressive visual
presentation, increased accessibility and raw fight emotion.

UFC Undisputed 3 ups the intensity with the addition of PRIDE Mode,
a brand new submission system, new ways to finish the fight
and increased accessibility through both traditional and simplified
gameplay controls
that, along with significant enhanced visuals,
new camera positions and personalized fighter entrances, let you
step right inside the Octagon.

::Difference between PRIDE & UFC::

S5Z38.jpg

::New Submission System::
(Image links to YouTube video played by the devs showing the
game and the new sub system.

::Back of the Box Features::
HIGHLIGHT REELS – Brand new this year! UFC Undisputed 3
will automatically save gameplay footage from your fight rounds, up to the
50 most recent, enabling you to go back and watch them again to create
your sickest knockout highlight reel. You will be able to save these videos to your
Favorites, mix and mash them with the Highlight Reel feature, and upload
to our Community Hub and YouTube (PS3 only) to share with the Undisputed world.​
FINISH THE FIGHT - With a knock-out comes the opportunity
to finish the job. Drop down to the ground and make sure your opponent is out for the night!​
REVAMPED CAREER MODE - More fighting, less skill managing.​
SWAYS - A small addition, but a real game changer.
Provides the ability to cover up and sway away from an opponent whether
on your back or against the cage/ropes.​

::Downloadable Content::

There are quite a few options and more are to come. For the full information
on what is available, check this link.

brentech

Threw this together real fast since we're all complaining about no OT in the impressions thread.
Let me know if anything needs changed, it's late and I need to get to bed.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Great job!

Game needed a OT, still waiting on a good deal before i pick this up and to convince some buddies to join me.

Good job, OP!

Right on!

Does anyone know if there is any benefit of taking a "real" fighter through career instead of your CAF?

I don't see an advantage of taking an existing fighter through career. I preferred to take a CAF through it as personally, I'd rather leave the real fighters alone.

zeeaykay

This game has an incredibly addicting "one more fight" quality to it. I tried taking Anthony Pettis through the title mode and I just cannot get past Takanori Gomi. The thing is, the game, at least on advanced/sim difficulty, never feels cheap. When I lose I know I didn't implement the right game plan and/or execute. Way better than 2010 where the striking felt slow-- here it feels fast and fluid.

Any possibility of a GAF tournament/league?

This game has an incredibly addicting "one more fight" quality to it. I tried taking Anthony Pettis through the title mode and I just cannot get past Takanori Gomi. The thing is, the game, at least on advanced/sim difficulty, never feels cheap. When I lose I know I didn't implement the right game plan and/or execute. Way better than 2010 where the striking felt slow-- here it feels fast and fluid.

Any possibility of a GAF tournament/league?

I'd definitely be up for this - I have it on PS3 though.

And yeah completely agree - just destroyed Mizukgaki with Brad Pickett, should be starting career but tempted to give it another go haha.

Fantastic sequel from THQ/Yukes. The addition of ground sways, reworked clinch and striking options, all the additional supplemental animations, and especially PRIDE mode are great additions. I think they could use sliders, more attributes and skills (head movement, strike accuracy, chin, recovery, etc), and the new submission system is an improvement but still not very good. I feel they're one more update away from a near perfect game.

dreamfall

Awesome OT! Really looking forward to playing more of this- played a couple ranked matches last night, and it felt damn good!

brentech

I've got 27 fights with my career CAF. I probably moved to the UFC a little too quick, as even with 27 fights I still only have a 80 OVR.

I had a 6 fight win streak, but had to face someone with 9 OVR over my own, and lost to Cub Swansen, was really disappointing because I felt like I had him and just made a mistake in the clinch then didn't have the energy to defend on the ground. Lost via GNP in the 3rd.

I play on advanced with simulation energy, and as someone else stated - it feels really good and you don't lose cheap....you simply get outworked or make a mistake in your approach.

I need to learn how to do the tire drill better, I always turn the wrong direction. My other fault is I believe I've only achieved success in a game plan like three times....so I don't really try it very often now, but I think I need to in order to get bigger boosts in my stats. I'm on PS3 so I haven't been able to get online yet. I'm curious how I match up against others.

A heads up to PS3 users with PS+. The highlight reels take up a huge amount of space, so if you're using cloud saving, be aware that the reels will take up most (if not all) of your 150MB storage.

brentech

A heads up to PS3 users with PS+. The highlight reels take up a huge amount of space, so if you're using cloud saving, be aware that the reels will take up most (if not all) of your 150MB storage.

Yeah, found that surprise yesterday morning, had to turn off auto-upload for it. It's a real killer on space since each fight replay is usually about 6mb and up.

I updated the OP with some further information on the fight modes such as simulation fights and competition modes. Also moved game modes above the rosters as it just made more sense. Cleaning up the OP since I made it so late.

KageMaru

Thinking about picking this up now that stats don't degrade anymore in the career mode. Dumbest idea ever IMO.

Only problem is too many games and not enough time =/

I got an extra Alistair Overeem code for the PS3.*

As for the game, it's disappointing you can't level up things like Jab or basic hooks in career mode. Also sucks that you can't get signature leg kicks considering the new TKO with them. It's a pretty nice jump in core mechanics for the game and the new difficulty is fantastic.

I won't have time to jump into online though since I'm a stay at home dad to a six month old. No platinum via the 500 ranked trophy!

*Edit: It's not working, send me a PM if you want it and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. (If someone didn't ninja it.)

Yuuuuup, subbed Overeem via kimura off my back as Noguiera online lol

I'm going to take Max Machine Gun Powers all the way to the UFC hall of fame!

I managed 23 title defenses with Aldo in Title Defense Mode before rage quitting to the dashboard when Leonard Garcia was about to knock me out. One of the first 10 was also against Leonard Garcia and I beat him via Leg Kick TKO.

I also went through title mode with Overeem and plowed through everyone including JDS who I KO'd with a headkick. And got the Finish The Fight achievement against Brock Lesnar for landing 4 extra shots on someone who's out cold.

I got Overeem from the Season Pass so if someone needs him on 360 and isn't buying the Season Pass I have a code from Facebook in my email that's just sitting there. Reply if you want it and I'll PM you.

I managed 23 title defenses with Aldo in Title Defense Mode before rage quitting to the dashboard when Leonard Garcia was about to knock me out. One of the first 10 was also against Leonard Garcia and I beat him via Leg Kick TKO.

I also went through title mode with Overeem and plowed through everyone including JDS who I KO'd with a headkick. And got the Finish The Fight achievement against Brock Lesnar for landing 4 extra shots on someone who's out cold.

I got Overeem from the Season Pass so if someone needs him on 360 and isn't buying the Season Pass I have a code from Facebook in my email that's just sitting there. Reply if you want it and I'll PM you.

I would like that code. I am not sure I am going to get the Season Pass honestly.

iqubal

Banned
Anyone notice if you pick UFC or PRIDE , the camera angle seems different? I really like the angle in pride, but for some reason the UFC seems far too low.

I had to change it to classic, but i prefer the PRIDE default one.

brentech

Totally forgot about the Overeem code. I claimed one for PS3 and never got the email.

Same, on the undisputed website:
Hey Everyone,

So we've noticed some of you still haven't received an Overeem code and for this we apologize. We're working on a solution for this now so you can get your code and start smashing the other Heavyweights with the beast that is The Reem.

Thanks for your patience!

-THQ Shamownage and THQ Tank

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really not liking the stat progression and sponsor nonsense in career. Was better last year :/

That said I like the actual gameplay even more.

dreamfall

Has it improved from the Alpha?

No lag last night- the thing is, it feels like the loading times are a bit longer. I played nearly 30 fights in the Alpha, and this feels smooth. One disconnect from an opponent, but no slowdown. I think some of the transitioning online needs to feel more responsive- I played against one opponent that did nothing but mash transitions when taken down. In the Alpha, I'd easily reverse this for a more dominant position, but I couldn't seem to pull it off.

Are people buying the Season pass? I like the addition of Ultimate Fights, but I'm curious to see what other fighter packs will be included before buying.

Edit: Hmmm, Baroni/Coleman/Pulver are great additions.

brentech

Attempting to make a highlight reel. It's a slow process, and the final encode takes even longer. Must require quite a bit of processing.

Wow, still encoding. It's so slow in making highlight reels that I'll probably turn auto saving rounds off.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Attempting to make a highlight reel. It's a slow process, and the final encode takes even longer. Must require quite a bit of processing.

Wow, still encoding. It's so slow in making highlight reels that I'll probably turn auto saving rounds off.

Yeah, I tried it once after scoring a nice flying knee KO and the process took about 15 minutes or so. Will not be using that feature again.

brentech

Turns out that turning off the auto-record seems to make loading quicker almost everywhere, and completely removes any saving/loading between rounds and after the fight when they're announcing the winner.

Finally got to try online and about 3min into the first round my opponent quit. I'd say at the point we were about 50/50, but I had just turned the fight in my favor and was dropping hammer fists on him from side control. It seemed to coincidental to just be bad servers, but whatever. Hate when people ruin what could be a fun time.

Fifty

Turns out that turning off the auto-record seems to make loading quicker almost everywhere, and completely removes any saving/loading between rounds and after the fight when they're announcing the winner.

Thanks for the tip! I hope it works. Cool as auto-record might be to keep on, in practice the ceiling for any given highlight is only so high and the constant loading in and out of every menu is a noticeable blemish on an otherwise polished game.

ShogunX

Another shoddy product by THQ. Despite having an alpha to identify any server problems the game has been released with laggy servers that are down about 80% of the time.

The sooner THQ lose their licenses the better. Truly awful developers.

demolitio

Damn, I can't sell Soul Calibur V to pick this baby up. This is my first year missed so here's to hoping I see it for cheap a few months from now.

As far as online goes, the alpha was hit or miss but not a lot of people were playing so I was literally always facing Brazilians which had a few problems but still wasn't bad. If this game is bad at launch online, then I'm not sure what happened unless the servers are overwhelmed. Sounds like THQ not taking online seriously as usual when it's the bread and butter of the UFC games really. Nothing got me more pumped than playing online and making a comeback...

Besides the obvious UFC promotions on fight nights, I haven't seen much advertising for this game and it sure as hell isn't popular on here it seems. This one went under the radar and it's a shame.

Maybe they can make a Vita version and lure me in but I guess I'll be waiting a few months to see if I can find it for cheap.

KiNeSiS

Banned
I got an extra Alistair Overeem code for the PS3.*

As for the game, it's disappointing you can't level up things like Jab or basic hooks in career mode. Also sucks that you can't get signature leg kicks considering the new TKO with them. It's a pretty nice jump in core mechanics for the game and the new difficulty is fantastic.

I won't have time to jump into online though since I'm a stay at home dad to a six month old. No platinum via the 500 ranked trophy!

*Edit: It's not working, send me a PM if you want it and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. (If someone didn't ninja it.)

Still have that code for Overeem?
I got sent the 360 code, I opted to purchase the ps3 version.

So it is useless to me. Anyone want to trade 360 Overeem code for ps3?

Has anybody played EA MMA? Which game is better in terms of feel and career mode?

I've been playing and enjoying this game, but I'm not an MMA fan so a lot of the small details are lost on me. I just want to play single player. I was thinking about trading this in and grabbing Rayman and EA MMA.

Has anybody played EA MMA? Which game is better in terms of feel and career mode?

I think that UFC 3 has the better career overall, although there are small things I wish UFC 3 had like auto training at whatever level you did an event at.

EA MMA was a good start to their attempt at the games but it doesn't have the three games of experience and polish on it in the core mechanics. Makes UFC 3 the better game overall.

I think that UFC 3 has the better career overall, although there are small things I wish UFC 3 had like auto training at whatever level you did an event at.

EA MMA was a good start to their attempt at the games but it doesn't have the three games of experience and polish on it in the core mechanics. Makes UFC 3 the better game overall.

Right. So I should stick with UFC. I am really enjoying it, and I like that there is a guy (Don Frye) who looks like Freddie Mercury.

Is it possible to do flying submissions? How do you do them?

Top Bottom