• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

69wpm

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to order them elsewhere and cancel the .de preorder... 8€ for a fallback solution is nice enough for me, won't pass on blue/pink yoshis at least.

I hope more inklings will appear...

They do appear, but you can't pre-order them. Just saw the girl again, every time you put the amiibo in the cart, it says it's empty.

Koren

They do appear, but you can't pre-order them. Just saw the girl again, every time you put the amiibo in the cart, it says it's empty.
Yes, that's strange. I'm now using "one-click buying", just in case it's a speed issue (if they sell them quicker than they make them available).

The Amazon site seems slow, though. Is it me, or is Amazon website bombed because of Amiibos? ^_^

69wpm

Yes, that's strange. I'm now using "one-click buying", just in case it's a speed issue (if they sell them quicker than they make them available).

The Amazon site seems slow, though. Is it me, or is Amazon website bombed because of Amiibos? ^_^

Doesn't work with 1-click either.

Koren

How did you found them? Both games can't be found with site search, and they also don't appear in the preorders page?

Oh nice! We still don't know which are considered Wave 4b/5/6 though right?

I'd go with:

WAVE 4B

Greninja
Jigglypuff

WAVE 5

Palutena
Dark Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Ganondorf

WAVE 6

Dr Mario
Bowser Jr
Olimar

If the Wooly Yoshi Amiibos get dirty, can you.... wash them in your washing machine?

Some NFC chips are waterproof, but I wouldn't take the chance. Hand-washing is probably safe enough, provided you're not immersing them in water and are just wiping them down.

Koren

Oh nice! We still don't know which are considered Wave 4b/5/6 though right?
We do, actually, I think...

Jigglypuff and Greninja are wave 4b (they will be released at the same time as the other 6 frow wave 4 in US)

Dark Pit, Palutena, ZSS and Ganondorf are Wave 5

Dr Mario, Bowser Jr and Olimar are Wave 6 (or 5b ?)

Others usually don't have a wave number, like Mario Line Amiibos

Kyonashi

Hm? I split them up in the waves that they are released in. May, June, July.

Month of release doesn't necessarily sync with the wave # release though. For example, Wave 3 was split up into 2 releases in January and February.

Wikipedia has Greninja and Jigglypuff as Wave 5, but I can't imagine there would be a wave with only two releases.

Koren

Month of release doesn't necessarily sync with the wave # release though. For example, Wave 3 was split up into 2 releases in January and February.
I'm not even sure that wave # have anything official...

but those two waves are knows as 3a and 3b. The difference being that all 11 were released at the same time in the US.

That the reason why Jigglypuff and Greninja will probably be known as 4b (released at the same time as Ness, Wario, Charizard, Robin, Lucina and Pac-Man in the US). Thus, no "2 only" issue.

The only question is whether the two following groups is a single wave 5 in two parts of two different waves. The numbering will probably depend on the US release date (I suspect 5a and 5b, but could be 5 and 6)

Kyonashi

I'm not even sure that wave # have anything official...

but those two waves are knows as 3a and 3b. The difference being that all 11 were released at the same time in the US.

That the reason why Jigglypuff and Greninja will probably be known as 4b (released at the same time as Ness, Wario, Charizard, Robin, Lucina and Pac-Man in the US). Thus, no "2 only" issue.

The only question is whether the two following groups is a single wave 5 in two parts of two different waves. The numbering will probably depend on the US release date (I suspect 5a and 5b, but could be 5 and 6)

It's kinda semi-official - GAME used wave numbers at one point but now they've switched to date releases. I'll take the box renders and update the OP with Waves 4b, 5 and 6. It can always be changed later if the terminology doesn't match up.

TheMoon

Wikipedia has Greninja and Jigglypuff as Wave 5, but I can't imagine there would be a wave with only two releases.

There are no official wave numbers anyway. What we call Wave 2 everywhere was the launch line-up in Japan. It's all arbitrary. Wave 5 can be Jigglypuff and Greninja alone or Jigglypuff, Greninja, Squid Boy, Squid Girl, Inkling.

Kyonashi

There are no official wave numbers anyway. What we call Wave 2 everywhere was the launch line-up in Japan. It's all arbitrary. Wave 5 can be Jigglypuff and Greninja alone or Jigglypuff, Greninja, Squid Boy, Squid Girl, Inkling.

Splatoon characters aren't part of the Smash Bros. Collection though
until Inkling is released as DLC.

How did you found them? Both games can't be found with site search, and they also don't appear in the preorders page?

Yes I noticed that too.

I don't know where the link to Splatoon comes from, but I found the Yoshi link by changing the sku number in the url : Splatoon was c810528, so I tried c810527, then c810526 and bingo.

Do they charge now or on dispatch?

They charge on dispatch. To cancel a preorder you have to send them an email or call them.

Yeah, that really pisses me off. As I've said before, they should restrict pre-orders to UK-based IP's at least for the first 24 hours.

I just wish that they didn't offer direct shipping to the US for only £5. It means that game will probably be cheaper for them than any other import service.

Also, game have put up all the amiibos on their website. Its just a temp layout, and you have to search the name to get it (ie "Palutena") but they are there.
Even mewtwo and lucas are there.

Was it known that there was a Yarn Yoshi triple pack, or is that a retailer bundle?

Not announced in the Direct, so it may be a GAME-exclusive deal (Nintendo and GAME have a fairly close relationship with things like that) or an unofficial GAME bundle offering all three for a (likely tiny ;-) ) reduction in price.

It won't even matter when GAME put their pre orders up. Half the stock will be taken by Americans "just in case"

Right? I didn't strictly say this in the original amiibo thread because I would've got snarky comments back, but seriously, the situation here is probably worse than in America if I'm honest. They at least had visible stock of some amiibo like Rosalina in Target (was it? For the exclusivity thing) but I don't think anyone's seen one in the wild here.

Some of my amiibo are from Germany and Japan, but they were post release, not preorders, and in those places said amiibo were more abundant. I agree I think Game should recognise the situation at hand and restrict orders shipping outside of the UK/Europe for the first 24 hours when they first go up. I really don't want to miss the next waves since they have my favourites in (Jiggly, Ganon, Palutena).

Just a reminder that last time, GAME pre orders went up at 9 am GMT. Worth checking in the morning

Not happening today then - I'm guessing they'll go up Tuesday or Wednesday after the bank holiday.

The thought alone of trying to secure this next lot is already making me stressed out :(

Not happening today then - I'm guessing they'll go up Tuesday or Wednesday after the bank holiday.

The thought alone of trying to secure this next lot is already making me stressed out :(

Damn your bump of nothing!

So yes, you're quite right, bloody stressful.

I've got the Yoshi's and Inkling girl secure, so if I can get them cheaper, yay, in not no big deal, and I just need to get Zero Suit Samus and Jigglypuff if they come up too now.

You know what would be lovely? If you could order a single one of every Amiibo through your NNID on a WiiU/3DS, so every Nintendo system owner got an equal shot at getting what they want. I've no idea how such a system could be implemented, and don't for one moment think Nintendo would be up to it, but damn am I not enjoying collecting these things anymore.

Springy

Yoshi's Woolly World special edition nr 1 bestseller on Amazon.de

Der Durst ist echt.

Fred Durst is just a boogeyman, stop scaring the children.

Also, I am not surprised. 25% geniune orders, 75% gonna be on eBay selling their pre-order.

Kitoro

Amiibo question!

When an Amiibo's Smash speed stat is, say, -50, and you give it an ability that increases speed by 1.3x, it actually does boost it, even though -50 x 1.3 is a larger negative number, right?

Thanks!

69wpm

Saw somebody mention that Amazon.fr won't have pre-orders up until Monday. One of our online shops here told me the same, they can't take pre-orders until next week.

Damn your bump of nothing!

So yes, you're quite right, bloody stressful.

I've got the Yoshi's and Inkling girl secure, so if I can get them cheaper, yay, in not no big deal, and I just need to get Zero Suit Samus and Jigglypuff if they come up too now.

You know what would be lovely? If you could order a single one of every Amiibo through your NNID on a WiiU/3DS, so every Nintendo system owner got an equal shot at getting what they want. I've no idea how such a system could be implemented, and don't for one moment think Nintendo would be up to it, but damn am I not enjoying collecting these things anymore.

Sorry! :p

Ahh I like the NNID idea - that would literally be the best way to do this, but like you say, Nintendo wouldn't do it :(

Son Of D

It won't even matter when GAME put their pre orders up. Half the stock will be taken by Americans "just in case"
Yeah this annoys me. I just want to pre order Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus as they're the last two I want from the Smash lime (unless a character I really want becomes DLC), but since I'm away from home until next Thursday I feel that I'll miss the pre orders for them two since they're going to go really fast.

Linius

The whole system stinks anyways. I can't just put an amiibo on hold for a while due to not having the money. Because nope, once I have the money the amiibo will be gone forever, into some void. Man, I really like some of these Amiibo's, but the hassle...

Top Bottom