• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Ashler

Thanks, I had just realized that thanks to Google translate too and I was going to update my previous post.

According to this store the amiibo will release: ZSS & Ganondorf on July, Palutena and Dark Pit on September. For that reason it didn't let me order one single package, and those for cost me 79'98€.

I'll definitely cancel this preorder if I can get them on Amazon or another store. Such prices!

edit: I see they still have stock for WFT and Marth.

Yeah, this is definitely being used as a safety net pre-order only :)

MicH

Scandinavia-GAF:

Inkling, Yarn Yoshi, Jigglypuff and Greninja Amiibo are up for pre-order on CDON

Does not ship outside of Scandinavia

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I want the inklings 3 pack and I'm ok to resort to japanese amiboos for that, anyone care about telling me how to? Only got a jpn KDDD but thru ebay.

I mean the amazon japan + tenso (?) stuff, how do I go about it and how much it'll cost me in the end... hopefully I don't get hit by customs

Kito

I mean the amazon japan + tenso (?) stuff, how do I go about it and how much it'll cost me in the end... hopefully I don't get hit by customs

1) Complete Tenso registration
2) Complete amazon.jp registration
3) Navigate and purchase as you would any amazon*
4) After Tenso receive amazon's package, they'll ask you to pay for international shipping via email. Anything over ¥2650 should get hit by customs (in the UK), but may slip through.

*except at checkout, where you use your custom Tenso address for shipping.

Dash Kappei

1) Complete Tenso registration
2) Complete amazon.jp registration
3) Navigate and purchase as you would any amazon*
4) After Tenso receive amazon's package, they'll ask you to pay for international shipping via email. Anything over ¥2650 should get hit by customs (in the UK), but may slip through.

*except at checkout, where you use your custom Tenso address for shipping.

Thanks man! I wonder how much shipping will cost me.
Inklings already up at amazon jp right? Hopefully google translate will work on both tenso an amazon.jp (sometimes it's iffy on amazons)
Also yeah, here in EU it's anything above 22€ just hope they don't screw up by including shipping expenses in the calculation

kubus

Thanks man! I wonder how much shipping will cost me.
Inklings already up at amazon jp right? Hopefully google translate will work on both tenso an amazon.jp (sometimes it's iffy on amazons)
Also yeah, here in EU it's anything above 22€ just hope they don't screw up by including shipping expenses in the calculation

They're already sold out on amazon.co.jp :(. Hopefully they'll return...

You can calculate shipping costs at Tenso's website btw. This pack will be around 800 gram I think. Also, once your order has arrived at Tenso you can edit details such as description and value. That way you can probably easily avoid customs (worked for me last time).

Oh and Tenso is completely in English so no need to use google translate :). Amazon.co.jp has an English option as well which translates most of the neccessary stuff such as the checkout process.

edit: Hold on, I found some more listings. Quote this message to see the links. Comes to 3888 yen in total for all three so that's not even €30.

Dash Kappei

They're already sold out on amazon.co.jp :(. Hopefully they'll return...

You can calculate shipping costs at Tenso's website btw. This pack will be around 800 gram I think. Also, once your order has arrived at Tenso you can edit details such as description and value. That way you can probably easily avoid customs (worked for me last time).

Oh and Tenso is completely in English so no need to use google translate :). Amazon.co.jp has an English option as well which translates most of the neccessary stuff such as the checkout process.

edit: Hold on, I found some more listings. Quote this message to see the links. Comes to 3888 yen in total for all three so that's not even €30.

Yeah thanks, I had seen the 3 separate packs already but I wanted the much cooler 3 pack. Unfortunately now it's already skyrocketed to >¥8700 while when I last watched it was less then ¥3800 sigh
Anyway ordered all 3 and with shipping thru Tenso it'll cost me roughly €41 which is not too shabby, especially if I can edit the value like you said and not be hit by customs!
Does Tenso ask me that when they receive the package and ask for payment?

I don't care too much that they're the jpn boxes since the Splatoon logo is there contrary to obviously Smash or even Toad who's called Kinopio of course.
*IF* I happen to manage to snag the EU ones I'll just sell these without much trouble of offer them here I guess. I would have not given a shit about EU if I had secured that freakin triple pack -_-

kubus

Yeah thanks, I had seen the 3 separate packs already but I wanted the much cooler 3 pack. Unfortunately now it's already skyrocketed to >¥8700 while when I last watched it was less then ¥3800 sigh
Anyway ordered all 3 and with shipping thru Tenso it'll cost me roughly €41 which is not too shabby, especially if I can edit the value like you said and not be hit by customs!
Does Tenso ask me that when they receive the package and ask for payment?

I don't care too much that they're the jpn boxes since the Splatoon logo is there contrary to obviously Smash or even Toad who's called Kinopio of course.
*IF* I happen to manage to snag the EU ones I'll just sell these without much trouble of offer them here I guess. I would have not given a shit about EU if I had secured that freakin triple pack -_-
When your order arrives at Tenso you can go to your "My Page" which is a list of your items currently at Tenso. From there you can do stuff like combine different parcels into one, choose/pay for shipping and also edit the details such as the description and value and if it should be sent as gift. You decide whether you want to mess with it or not. Sometimes Tenso will ask you to fill in this stuff when they can't identify the products themselves but usually they will do it for you and you have the option to change it. I usually go for "toys", marked as gift and with a value of about 1800 yen. Wasn't hit by EU customs last time :).

I also just put in an order for the three separate packs, the nice thing about amazon is that I can always cancel if I manage to grab the Inklings locally :D

Dash Kappei

Thanks kubus. That was super helpful :)

Btw, sorry for the double post guys but just to be of service to this community it's just and fair of me to let every Amiibro on GAF know how member and Amiibro Windom Earle is not only a nice and helpful fella but truly a gentleman.

Not up to me to disclose what he's done, but let me at least say he's been more than kind.
So, even if my Amiibo hunt didn't end well at all, I'm happy to see how we're not all assholes on this world, in fact this community has been pretty amazing to me over the years.

Peace, out :)

Hey Dash, you're welcome dude, don't mention it! :D

In other news, Wool Yoshis are in stock @ amazon.de !

Quote to reveal links

trying to take some precautions.

MicH

Yeah, the Yarn Yoshi are the same price as regular Amiibo in Denmark at least (our regular price is 20 Euro though)

Yeah, the Yarn Yoshi are the same price as regular Amiibo in Denmark at least (our regular price is 20 Euro though)

Hopefully the price will drop then. I've ordered all three just incase anyway. Works out to about £15 each to the UK including an Inkling, which is fine, and if I can get them cheaper I can always cancel.

Price might still drop. Better safe than sorry. ;)

Nah, this is one where I was already on the fence. I'm buying different figures of the same character, but multiple *colours* of the same amiibo was only going to happen if the price was right. €20 is not the right price, and even if it drops to the €14-15 of normal amiibo it's still too much.

I'll hang on for the Wool Yoshi going up in the UK and grab whichever colour is available (probably being guided by the kids if there are still multiple colours available ;-) )

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm on the fence about the LE, I'm not sure if want it but I want that Amiibo.

It's horrible.

I'm in the same position. I want the game digitally for convenience, but I want that amiibo. Seeing how the 3-pack was sold quite quickly on amazon.co.jp, I decided to pre-order this just to be on safe side.

TheMoon

Wow, all the Yoshis are already gone. I managed to preorder all the Splatoon stuff no problem though.

edit: inkling Boy/Girl are gone now too. Managed to grab all of them, though.

Evilmaus

I need that Female Inkling Amiibo in my life.
Any ideas when amazon UK will have pre-orders available? I'm not fond of the idea of importing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was tempted to go the Amazon JP route yesterday. Had the page opened while they were in stock, but honestly, I'd be happy with just the female inkling. I can understand why they made the squid form amiibo an LE exclusive, it provides a reason for getting the LE over getting the game and amiibo separately, but when you're the only region to do so it leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

But hey, screw NoA amirite guys!

Kyonashi

I'm so freakin happy that the only one I want in this next announced wave is Palutena, and my Ness and Lucina preorders are in with Amazon UK. I don't think I could take much more of this....

By the way, I will try and update the OP, but without knowing which new Amiibo are part of which wave and what their collection numbers are its a little hard. Might wait for box renders?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sucks for those who want a DL copy though.
Well here's a DL version of the squid form Amiibo to go with your DL copy of the game.

YgNP60g.png

cyba89

Managed to grab Green Wool Yoshi. Wanted the special edition, but it wasn't up when I preordered.
Well, paying 5€ more by buying game and amiibo seperately would be tolerable for me.

Still have to grab Ness and PacMan orders. But I think my best chances now are walking in a store at release like I did for Shulk.

Everything Sold out

I am having the worst luck since completing wave 3 :(

Don't fret too much - I'm pretty sure there will be at least one more opportunity to preorder (then, depending on stock, to order once they're released) on Amazon.de, and you still have Amazon.fr, Amazon UK, and a number of other retailers.

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

;-)

kubus

Of course the preorders went up just as I went to grab dinner. Fantastic. Oh well, this is why I preordered at amazon Japan as well.

Bowser Jr Bo looks amazing, as does Olimar.

rip Yellow Pikmin :(

They even included him in the 3D render on the box. So cruel.

Koren

Everything Sold out

I am having the worst luck since completing wave 3 :(

Damn... Same here, completely missed everything.

This is ridiculous, but I don't expect Splatoon or Yoshi limited editions to be so rare, at least.

Time to re-run my script (this is getting more and more ridiculous each wave)

69wpm

God damnit Amazon. Inklings where available, couldn't put them into the basket. It just said it was empty. Yoshi's are available again, but I'm not paying 8€ for shipping. The amiibo cost 19,99€.

Koren

God damnit Amazon. Inklings where available, couldn't put them into the basket. It just said it was empty. Yoshi's are available again, but I'm not paying 8€ for shipping. The amiibo cost 19,99€.
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to order them elsewhere and cancel the .de preorder... 8€ for a fallback solution is nice enough for me, won't pass on blue/pink yoshis at least.

I hope more inklings will appear...

Top Bottom